birthday gift for my brother

TheBean
Go to solution Solved by TheBean,

I'm going to get him a rasberry pi 4. thanks for your help guys.

My brothers birthday is tomorrow and he is into computers just like me. However, idk what to get him for his birthday. any suggestions?

What's your budget? Does he need anything for his PC/setup right now?

A linearized Dell AT101 is a cheap but amazing keyboard, great addition to any setup.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

36 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

What's your budget? Does he need anything for his PC/setup right now?

He has a gaming laptop. budget depends on the product. for something like headphones, I am willing to go high. but for something like a mouse, I would go cheaper. so I just want ideas of types of gifts, not nessesarily the exact product. 

could get something like a raspberry pi.   gives him tons of options to tinker.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

1 minute ago, KeyzHostHD said:

not everybody wants to code even a little bit, but it depends what he likes

what coding?  doing projects with a raspberry pi doesnt instantly mean your writing your own javascript.

there are thousands of projects that can be setup in mere minutes, with no coding whatsoever.

apt-get and git clone is not coding.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

3 hours ago, Saksham said:

My brothers birthday is tomorrow and he is into computers just like me. However, idk what to get him for his birthday. any suggestions?

a computer

Slayerking92

<Type something witty here>
<Link to some pcpartpicker fantasy build and claim as my own>

9 minutes ago, Slayerking92 said:

a computer

already has a gaming laptop

1 minute ago, straight_stewie said:

What has he been complaining about relating to his current setup?

nothing. his setup is fine. 

i just want ideas here. 

5 hours ago, Tsuki said:

what coding?  doing projects with a raspberry pi doesnt instantly mean your writing your own javascript.

there are thousands of projects that can be setup in mere minutes, with no coding whatsoever.

apt-get and git clone is not coding.

App-get and git clone is still too much for a lot of people.  

One thought with a gaming laptop might be a hood.  Without the model it’s kind of hard, but a laptop screen hood can help prevent screen reflections and are often adjustable

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

I'm going to get him a rasberry pi 4. thanks for your help guys.