Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GOTSpectrum

LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

 

 

Recommended Posts

Now the remote host is closing connections on me...


MOTHERBOARD: ASRock H97 Pro4 CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 @3.30 Ghz (-75mV Core // -5mV Cache) RAM: 32Gb (4x8Gb) Kingstone HyperX Fury DDR3@1600 Mhz (9-9-9-27)

GPU: MSI 390 8Gb Gaming Edition (-5mV // +80mhz core // +120mhz memory)  PSU: XFX TS 650w Bronze Enermax Revolution D.F. 650w 80+ Gold

STORAGE: SSD Samsung EVO 850 250Gb // HDD WD Green 1Tb // HDD WD Blue 4Tb // HDD WD Blue 160Gb MOUSE: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum

MONITORS: Samsung CFG7 C24FG7xFQ @144hz // Samsung SyncMaster TA350 LT23A350 @60hz

CASE: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed OS: Windows 10 Pro Insider x64 Bit // Manjaro

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, FireGeko said:

Ahh great. Of course it is - it's so obvious now! haa 

Thanks :)

No problem, I also got a bit confused by that, I think the tabs could be a little more obvious, but there's far more important things than that to work on 😅

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, this was not what i did plan.. 4 RTX 2070 Super, 1 GTX 1080, 1 RX 5700XT and 2 RX480 8G and generating 800k PPD...
Oh Well, It is pleasant thing that the Folding community taking and deliviering everything the WU servers can generate in super speed. Well done all of you!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nine Tailed Fox said:

Wow didn't see the no badge notice pretty lame but whatever.

The points you earn will count towards your next Contributor/Bronze/Silver/Gold/Platinum/Diamond level badges, but it will not be eligible for Folding Event badges, just like the Summer Sprint Folding even was not eligible.

2 minutes ago, Xoggy said:

Well, this was not what i did plan.. 4 RTX 2070 Super, 1 GTX 1080, 1 RX 5700XT and 2 RX480 8G and generating 800k PPD...
Oh Well, It is pleasant thing that the Folding community taking and deliviering everything the WU servers can generate in super speed. Well done all of you!

Do you have your pass key yet? All that hardware together should be producing 6 million PPD easily, if not more. 


"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Project ITNOS --- P600S VS Define R6/S2

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage 1x Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX550M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Link to post
Share on other sites

Off i go!

Although i am concerned that it says 0 points went to the team. 
Also, how worried should i be that my GPU temps are easily reaching 90'c ? 

2020-03-18.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TVwazhere said:

Do you have your pass key yet? All that hardware together should be producing 6 million PPD easily, if not more. 

I do, but there is just no WU to be computed so everything just stands "Ready" waiting to snatch a WU :)

I have moved over some to do Rosetta instead of just stand idle.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Vildar said:

Off i go!

Although i am concerned that it says 0 points went to the team. 
Also, how worried should i be that my GPU temps are easily reaching 90'c ? 

2020-03-18.png

It appears you have a Radeon card. The RX 5700 and 5700 XT models can go up to 110 celcius with no issues, my 5700 runs at 90 celcius as I turn down the fans. I dont know about the other cards (5600 XT etc) but I would assume they are the same or around that area


My Folding Stats | #MuricaParrotGang

iPhone Xr | 64GB | iOS 13.5.1

PC: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 | RX 5700 | Asus Prime B450-PLUS | CoolerMaster Masterwatt 600W | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz RAM | 256GB SSD & 3TB HDD | Windows 10 Home

Laptop: HP 14-an060sa | E2-7110 | Radeon R2 APU | 4GB RAM | 256GB SSD | Windows 10 Home

 

 

 

Phones:

Main: iPhone Xr 64gb PRODUCT(RED)

Collection:

Original Boxed A grade iPhone 5 32gb Black (iOS 6)

Original Boxed A grade iPhone 6s 32gb Space Grey (iOS 9)

Unboxed C grade iPhone 5c 16gb Green

Unboxed B grade iPhone 5 16gb Black (iOS 8.4.1)

Unboxed A grade iPhone 4s 8gb White (iOS 6.1.3)

Original Boxed B grade iPhone SE 32gb Rose Gold (iOS 12..4.1)

Non Orignal Boxed B grade iPhone 5s 16gb Silver (iOS 11.3.4)

Original Boxed A grade Samsung Galaxy S7

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Vildar said:

Off i go!

Although i am concerned that it says 0 points went to the team. 
Also, how worried should i be that my GPU temps are easily reaching 90'c ? 

2020-03-18.png

utilize high temps for internal heating in your home...or maybe chill out on medium, I guess it really depends on when you plan on buying a new gpu

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

The points you earn will count towards your next Contributor/Bronze/Silver/Gold/Platinum/Diamond level badges, but it will not be eligible for Folding Event badges, just like the Summer Sprint Folding even was not eligible.

Do you have your pass key yet? All that hardware together should be producing 6 million PPD easily, if not more. 

Finding a cure for this seems like pretty big deal and badge worthy imo anyways

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Vildar said:

Off i go!

Although i am concerned that it says 0 points went to the team. 
Also, how worried should i be that my GPU temps are easily reaching 90'c ? 

 

My blower 1070 doesn't go above 75c lol 85c is when you should start worrying

Link to post
Share on other sites

Kicking ass and taking names! I'm going for that #1 spot! 🤣

ScreenShot.PNG


Lenovo P51 | Core I7-6820HQ | NVIDIA Quadro M2000M GPU | NVIDIA Quadro RTX 8000 eGPU | 64GB RAM | 2x 1TB NVME SSD | Windows 10 Enterprise

Link to post
Share on other sites

Been sweating balls (literally, my 5700 reaches 85-90 celcius) over the past few days, hope to get top 100

image.png.2fbb1c15f2aec52fd08abd6d3f289ffc.png

Guiltyxthesweat - User Summary


My Folding Stats | #MuricaParrotGang

iPhone Xr | 64GB | iOS 13.5.1

PC: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 | RX 5700 | Asus Prime B450-PLUS | CoolerMaster Masterwatt 600W | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz RAM | 256GB SSD & 3TB HDD | Windows 10 Home

Laptop: HP 14-an060sa | E2-7110 | Radeon R2 APU | 4GB RAM | 256GB SSD | Windows 10 Home

 

 

 

Phones:

Main: iPhone Xr 64gb PRODUCT(RED)

Collection:

Original Boxed A grade iPhone 5 32gb Black (iOS 6)

Original Boxed A grade iPhone 6s 32gb Space Grey (iOS 9)

Unboxed C grade iPhone 5c 16gb Green

Unboxed B grade iPhone 5 16gb Black (iOS 8.4.1)

Unboxed A grade iPhone 4s 8gb White (iOS 6.1.3)

Original Boxed B grade iPhone SE 32gb Rose Gold (iOS 12..4.1)

Non Orignal Boxed B grade iPhone 5s 16gb Silver (iOS 11.3.4)

Original Boxed A grade Samsung Galaxy S7

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NathansNonsense said:

hoping to  get top 100 too, if I can get more WU's

image.png.3d44fd04ba5f0dc77bc7716ee605b7e0.png

Yeah WUs are harder to find than hand sanitizer right now


My Folding Stats | #MuricaParrotGang

iPhone Xr | 64GB | iOS 13.5.1

PC: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 | RX 5700 | Asus Prime B450-PLUS | CoolerMaster Masterwatt 600W | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz RAM | 256GB SSD & 3TB HDD | Windows 10 Home

Laptop: HP 14-an060sa | E2-7110 | Radeon R2 APU | 4GB RAM | 256GB SSD | Windows 10 Home

 

 

 

Phones:

Main: iPhone Xr 64gb PRODUCT(RED)

Collection:

Original Boxed A grade iPhone 5 32gb Black (iOS 6)

Original Boxed A grade iPhone 6s 32gb Space Grey (iOS 9)

Unboxed C grade iPhone 5c 16gb Green

Unboxed B grade iPhone 5 16gb Black (iOS 8.4.1)

Unboxed A grade iPhone 4s 8gb White (iOS 6.1.3)

Original Boxed B grade iPhone SE 32gb Rose Gold (iOS 12..4.1)

Non Orignal Boxed B grade iPhone 5s 16gb Silver (iOS 11.3.4)

Original Boxed A grade Samsung Galaxy S7

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Guiltyx said:

Yeah WUs are harder to find than hand sanitizer right now

I can get sanitizer from my school because they leave it in this room but don't even hand it out so I might as well use it, its been there since last year

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NathansNonsense said:

I can get sanitizer from my school because they leave it in this room but don't even hand it out so I might as well use it, its been there since last year

Lol, I havent been at school past few days (not enough staff) and when I was last there the dispensers around the school/in bathrooms had none in. I have enough at home (like 50 bottles) so I think im good


My Folding Stats | #MuricaParrotGang

iPhone Xr | 64GB | iOS 13.5.1

PC: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 | RX 5700 | Asus Prime B450-PLUS | CoolerMaster Masterwatt 600W | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz RAM | 256GB SSD & 3TB HDD | Windows 10 Home

Laptop: HP 14-an060sa | E2-7110 | Radeon R2 APU | 4GB RAM | 256GB SSD | Windows 10 Home

 

 

 

Phones:

Main: iPhone Xr 64gb PRODUCT(RED)

Collection:

Original Boxed A grade iPhone 5 32gb Black (iOS 6)

Original Boxed A grade iPhone 6s 32gb Space Grey (iOS 9)

Unboxed C grade iPhone 5c 16gb Green

Unboxed B grade iPhone 5 16gb Black (iOS 8.4.1)

Unboxed A grade iPhone 4s 8gb White (iOS 6.1.3)

Original Boxed B grade iPhone SE 32gb Rose Gold (iOS 12..4.1)

Non Orignal Boxed B grade iPhone 5s 16gb Silver (iOS 11.3.4)

Original Boxed A grade Samsung Galaxy S7

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Guiltyx said:

Lol, I havent been at school past few days (not enough staff) and when I was last there the dispensers around the school/in bathrooms had none in. I have enough at home (like 50 bottles) so I think im good

50 bottle is a bit OTT, who you sharing with lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NathansNonsense said:

50 bottle is a bit OTT, who you sharing with lol

3 other people (family) plus letting friends use some when we hang, at least until the UK goes into lockdown


My Folding Stats | #MuricaParrotGang

iPhone Xr | 64GB | iOS 13.5.1

PC: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 | RX 5700 | Asus Prime B450-PLUS | CoolerMaster Masterwatt 600W | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz RAM | 256GB SSD & 3TB HDD | Windows 10 Home

Laptop: HP 14-an060sa | E2-7110 | Radeon R2 APU | 4GB RAM | 256GB SSD | Windows 10 Home

 

 

 

Phones:

Main: iPhone Xr 64gb PRODUCT(RED)

Collection:

Original Boxed A grade iPhone 5 32gb Black (iOS 6)

Original Boxed A grade iPhone 6s 32gb Space Grey (iOS 9)

Unboxed C grade iPhone 5c 16gb Green

Unboxed B grade iPhone 5 16gb Black (iOS 8.4.1)

Unboxed A grade iPhone 4s 8gb White (iOS 6.1.3)

Original Boxed B grade iPhone SE 32gb Rose Gold (iOS 12..4.1)

Non Orignal Boxed B grade iPhone 5s 16gb Silver (iOS 11.3.4)

Original Boxed A grade Samsung Galaxy S7

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Guiltyx said:

3 other people (family) plus letting friends use some when we hang, at least until the UK goes into lockdown

i found out that you can put normal hand sanitizer into the ones meant to spray the more liquid sanitizer and its shoot it further like a tiny water pistol, so now i can snipe peoples hands with sanitizer while also having appropriate social distancing

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NathansNonsense said:

i found out that you can put normal hand sanitizer into the ones meant to spray the more liquid sanitizer and its shoot it further like a tiny water pistol, so now i can snipe peoples hands with sanitizer while also having appropriate social distancing

Lol imma try that


My Folding Stats | #MuricaParrotGang

iPhone Xr | 64GB | iOS 13.5.1

PC: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 | RX 5700 | Asus Prime B450-PLUS | CoolerMaster Masterwatt 600W | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz RAM | 256GB SSD & 3TB HDD | Windows 10 Home

Laptop: HP 14-an060sa | E2-7110 | Radeon R2 APU | 4GB RAM | 256GB SSD | Windows 10 Home

 

 

 

Phones:

Main: iPhone Xr 64gb PRODUCT(RED)

Collection:

Original Boxed A grade iPhone 5 32gb Black (iOS 6)

Original Boxed A grade iPhone 6s 32gb Space Grey (iOS 9)

Unboxed C grade iPhone 5c 16gb Green

Unboxed B grade iPhone 5 16gb Black (iOS 8.4.1)

Unboxed A grade iPhone 4s 8gb White (iOS 6.1.3)

Original Boxed B grade iPhone SE 32gb Rose Gold (iOS 12..4.1)

Non Orignal Boxed B grade iPhone 5s 16gb Silver (iOS 11.3.4)

Original Boxed A grade Samsung Galaxy S7

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
35 minutes ago, Nine Tailed Fox said:

Finding a cure for this seems like pretty big deal and badge worthy imo anyways

Although on first glance this would make sense, you have to understand that the only folding events that are directly endorsed by LMG are the folding months. This is technically not a forum folding event, it is a community folding event. And that is why it is not eligible for the folding event badges. And tbh I prefer it this way, if you could hit gold in a year then what's the point? 


My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

 

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates
 

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

 

  • CPU
    Ryzen 7 1700 3GHz 8-Core Processor @ 4Ghz
  • Motherboard
    GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    DOMINATOR Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) @ 3400mhz
  • GPU
    Aorus GTX 1080 Waterforce
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    BenQ - XL2430(144hz), Dell 24" portrait
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240
Link to post
Share on other sites

F@H servers as of a couple of hours ago now have Work Units to run. (They had been overloaded with the massive influx of new F@H clients.)

They are now emailing out passkeys as that server had been down too.
I have been getting back-to-back Work Units for COVID.

 

They definitely had some scaling issues with compute to get the Work Units created and Storage to accept finished WUs.

But it all seems to be online now.

 

Don't wait for the competition... Get folding now so we can get a vaccine faster. Hours count as people are dying.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Rallymax said:

F@H servers as of a couple of hours ago now have Work Units to run. (They had been overloaded with the massive influx of new F@H clients.)

They are now emailing out passkeys as that server had been down too.
I have been getting back-to-back Work Units for COVID.

 

They definitely had some scaling issues with compute to get the Work Units created and Storage to accept finished WUs.

But it all seems to be online now.

 

Don't wait for the competition... Get folding now so we can get a vaccine faster. Hours count as people are dying.

 

@Rallymax really get's the point of this event.  Welcome to the forum!


Hardware & Programming Enthusiast - Creator of Folding@Home in the Dark browser extension and GPU PPD database

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.


×