LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

21 minutes ago, FireGeko said:

Hey - Brand new to the folding scene.

I seemingly have everything set up and have been folding for most of today, but there are a few things that are confusing me.

Whenever my GPU (RX580) is folding, my FAH web control page doesn't load correctly. When the CPU is Folding as well it does... at least most of the time.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? I suspect that it is still Folding correctly, just an issue with reporting.

Also, the CPU jobs are finishing faster than the GPU ones - Is this normal? I assume that the GPU jobs are the tough ones and the CPUs get the slightly easier tasks.

Thanks for any help/advice

Hi, each slot is it's own tab, which is why you're only seeing data when the CPU is running - you're seeing data for just the CPU.

When the GPU is running, you can click onto that tab (click the orange / green dot next to the name) and you should see the data for that slot :)

I have run a couple of CPU WUs and they did run faster than the GPU ones, so I think that's normal.

2 minutes ago, LordKitsune said:

Currently my CPU is the only thing working and it's pulling in a whopping ~3k pts per day.

What CPU is it?

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

5 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

What CPU is it?

FX-4350. It's a solid little chip but it doesn't have a whole lot of steam under its hood. It's a "quad" core processor that acts like a dual core when you smack it. Still games well enough in 2020 (Playing Borderlands 3 at not horrible graphics settings - Graphics card throws the Processor under the bus every couple of seconds in game). Also, I've had this processor for going on 5 years so it's seen it's fair share of pretty much everything. From level designing to compiling scripts and watching videos.

Edit: I could be talking out my butt on the way the cores act, but I've used other quad core machines that would take a wee bit more to saturate the cpu.

8 minutes ago, RestlessRancor said:

Hi, each slot is it's own tab, which is why you're only seeing data when the CPU is running - you're seeing data for just the CPU.

When the GPU is running, you can click onto that tab (click the orange / green dot next to the name) and you should see the data for that slot :)

I have run a couple of CPU WUs and they did run faster than the GPU ones, so I think that's normal.

Ahh great. Of course it is - it's so obvious now! haa 

Computer enthusiast, Filmmaker, Editor, Casual Gamer 

CrystalRidge: AMD R9 3900X ‖ Asus X570-F Gaming ‖ 32GB Corsair LPX 3200Mhz ‖ Asus Strix RTX 2070 ‖ BeQuiet Straight Power 10 800W ‖ Corsair H110i (GT) ‖ Cooler Master Mastercase Maker 5  (Black) ‖ Samsung SM961 NVMe 256Gb ‖ 10TB Mechanical Storage

Now the remote host is closing connections on me...

MOTHERBOARD: ASRock H97 Pro4 CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 @3.30 Ghz Intel Xeon E3-1271v3 @4.00 Ghz RAM: 32Gb (4x8Gb) Kingstone HyperX Fury DDR3@1600 Mhz (9-9-9-27)

GPU: MSI 390 8Gb Gaming Edition PSU: XFX TS 650w Bronze Enermax Revolution D.F. 650w 80+ Gold MOUSE: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum KEYBOARD: Monokey Standard Suave Blue

STORAGE: SSD Samsung EVO 850 250Gb // HDD WD Green 1Tb // HDD WD Blue 4Tb // HDD WD Blue 160Gb CASE: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed OS: Windows 11 Pro x64 Bit

MONITORS: Samsung CFG7 C24FG7xFQ @144hz // Samsung SyncMaster TA350 LT23A350 @60hz Samsung Odyssey G7 COOLER: Noctua NH-D15

47 minutes ago, FireGeko said:

Ahh great. Of course it is - it's so obvious now! haa 

No problem, I also got a bit confused by that, I think the tabs could be a little more obvious, but there's far more important things than that to work on 😅

Well, this was not what i did plan.. 4 RTX 2070 Super, 1 GTX 1080, 1 RX 5700XT and 2 RX480 8G and generating 800k PPD...
Oh Well, It is pleasant thing that the Folding community taking and deliviering everything the WU servers can generate in super speed. Well done all of you!

1 minute ago, Nine Tailed Fox said:

Wow didn't see the no badge notice pretty lame but whatever.

The points you earn will count towards your next Contributor/Bronze/Silver/Gold/Platinum/Diamond level badges, but it will not be eligible for Folding Event badges, just like the Summer Sprint Folding even was not eligible.

2 minutes ago, Xoggy said:

Well, this was not what i did plan.. 4 RTX 2070 Super, 1 GTX 1080, 1 RX 5700XT and 2 RX480 8G and generating 800k PPD...
Oh Well, It is pleasant thing that the Folding community taking and deliviering everything the WU servers can generate in super speed. Well done all of you!

Do you have your pass key yet? All that hardware together should be producing 6 million PPD easily, if not more. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Off i go!

Although i am concerned that it says 0 points went to the team. 
Also, how worried should i be that my GPU temps are easily reaching 90'c ? 

2020-03-18.png

1 minute ago, TVwazhere said:

Do you have your pass key yet? All that hardware together should be producing 6 million PPD easily, if not more. 

I do, but there is just no WU to be computed so everything just stands "Ready" waiting to snatch a WU :)

I have moved over some to do Rosetta instead of just stand idle.

Just now, Vildar said:

Off i go!

2020-03-18.png

It appears you have a Radeon card. The RX 5700 and 5700 XT models can go up to 110 celcius with no issues, my 5700 runs at 90 celcius as I turn down the fans. I dont know about the other cards (5600 XT etc) but I would assume they are the same or around that area

PC: Ryzen 7 2700 | RX 5700 XT | Asus Prime B450-PLUS | CoolerMaster Masterwatt 600W | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz RAM | 512GB NVME SSD & 7TB combined HDD | macOS Monterey 12.6.6, Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and WIndows 10 Pro x64

Laptop: MacBook Pro 15" 2015 | i7-4870HQ | R9 M370X | 16gb | 1tb SSD

iPhone 13 Pro Max | 256GB | iOS 15.7

My Folding Stats | #MuricaParrotGang

2 minutes ago, Vildar said:

Off i go!

2020-03-18.png

utilize high temps for internal heating in your home...or maybe chill out on medium, I guess it really depends on when you plan on buying a new gpu

9 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

The points you earn will count towards your next Contributor/Bronze/Silver/Gold/Platinum/Diamond level badges, but it will not be eligible for Folding Event badges, just like the Summer Sprint Folding even was not eligible.

Finding a cure for this seems like pretty big deal and badge worthy imo anyways

6 minutes ago, Vildar said:

Off i go!

My blower 1070 doesn't go above 75c lol 85c is when you should start worrying

Kicking ass and taking names! I'm going for that #1 spot! 🤣

ScreenShot.PNG

Lenovo P51 | Core I7-6820HQ | NVIDIA Quadro M2000M GPU | NVIDIA Quadro RTX 8000 eGPU | 64GB RAM | 2x 1TB NVME SSD | Windows 10 Enterprise

Been sweating balls (literally, my 5700 reaches 85-90 celcius) over the past few days, hope to get top 100

image.png.2fbb1c15f2aec52fd08abd6d3f289ffc.png

Guiltyxthesweat - User Summary

PC: Ryzen 7 2700 | RX 5700 XT | Asus Prime B450-PLUS | CoolerMaster Masterwatt 600W | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz RAM | 512GB NVME SSD & 7TB combined HDD | macOS Monterey 12.6.6, Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and WIndows 10 Pro x64

1 minute ago, NathansNonsense said:

hoping to  get top 100 too, if I can get more WU's

image.png.3d44fd04ba5f0dc77bc7716ee605b7e0.png

Yeah WUs are harder to find than hand sanitizer right now

2 minutes ago, Guiltyx said:

Yeah WUs are harder to find than hand sanitizer right now

I can get sanitizer from my school because they leave it in this room but don't even hand it out so I might as well use it, its been there since last year

Just now, NathansNonsense said:

I can get sanitizer from my school because they leave it in this room but don't even hand it out so I might as well use it, its been there since last year

Lol, I havent been at school past few days (not enough staff) and when I was last there the dispensers around the school/in bathrooms had none in. I have enough at home (like 50 bottles) so I think im good

Just now, Guiltyx said:

Lol, I havent been at school past few days (not enough staff) and when I was last there the dispensers around the school/in bathrooms had none in. I have enough at home (like 50 bottles) so I think im good

50 bottle is a bit OTT, who you sharing with lol

Just now, NathansNonsense said:

50 bottle is a bit OTT, who you sharing with lol

3 other people (family) plus letting friends use some when we hang, at least until the UK goes into lockdown

Just now, Guiltyx said:

3 other people (family) plus letting friends use some when we hang, at least until the UK goes into lockdown

i found out that you can put normal hand sanitizer into the ones meant to spray the more liquid sanitizer and its shoot it further like a tiny water pistol, so now i can snipe peoples hands with sanitizer while also having appropriate social distancing