LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

1 minute ago, it4hoomanz said:

Is everyone else still waiting on passkeys? I have been waiting since last night and still haven't received one.

Also, I was interested in donating a 50USD gift card (Steam, Amazon, GOG, any other recommendations?) - who would be the one to message about donating?

Anecdotally some people have started getting passkeys again. Others are still waiting after 2 days.

You can message @GOTSpectrum he's the one organising the event and dealing with prizes.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Just started folding with my Rig while social distancing (9900K and 2080TI all custom loop).

Time to drop those viruses faster than a motherboard.

For some reason RTX is not on though.

image.thumb.png.53d82a030fe4357d94389e7eb74cbb37.png

3 minutes ago, it4hoomanz said:

Just signed up and I now have another graphics card on the way to help in my main rig, with a Threadripper 1920X and an RX 590... after troubleshooting a weird BSOD that kept reoccurring.

Two quick questions:

Is everyone else still waiting on passkeys? I have been waiting since last night and still haven't received one.

Also, I was interested in donating a 50USD gift card (Steam, Amazon, GOG, any other recommendations?) - who would be the one to message about donating?

I waited for about 2 days. After that I requested a new one and it arrived in seconds

MOTHERBOARD: ASRock H97 Pro4 CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 @3.30 Ghz Intel Xeon E3-1271v3 @4.00 Ghz RAM: 32Gb (4x8Gb) Kingstone HyperX Fury DDR3@1600 Mhz (9-9-9-27)

GPU: MSI 390 8Gb Gaming Edition PSU: XFX TS 650w Bronze Enermax Revolution D.F. 650w 80+ Gold MOUSE: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum KEYBOARD: Monokey Standard Suave Blue

STORAGE: SSD Samsung EVO 850 250Gb // HDD WD Green 1Tb // HDD WD Blue 4Tb // HDD WD Blue 160Gb CASE: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed OS: Windows 11 Pro x64 Bit

MONITORS: Samsung CFG7 C24FG7xFQ @144hz // Samsung SyncMaster TA350 LT23A350 @60hz Samsung Odyssey G7 COOLER: Noctua NH-D15

1 minute ago, Parideboy said:

I waited for about 2 days. After that I requested a new one and it arrived in seconds

Same, I waited about two days and got nothing. Ended up trying again to request a new one and got it in like 2 minutes.

1 minute ago, Kryptyle said:

There's some delays getting new work units, especially for GPUs. So many new people folding that there's not enough work units to go around.
Leave it alone and it should automatically check for new work units periodically and automatically start when one is available. If it's still stuck after an hour or so see the pinned note at the top of the thread.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

4 minutes ago, Kryptyle said:

Just started folding with my Rig while social distancing (9900K and 2080TI all custom loop).

Time to drop those viruses faster than a motherboard.

Look at the FAQ:

That happens because of a shortage in GPU WUs. The guys at F@H cant produce work enough for that much of a demand in people wanting to help

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

2 minutes ago, Spotty said:

If it's still stuck after an hour or so see the pinned note at the top of the thread.

Yeeeh I also learned today that the client stops trying to get new work after 1-2h. Will update the FAQ ASAP

5 minutes ago, Parideboy said:

3 minutes ago, Running Raptors said:

Same, I waited about two days and got nothing. Ended up trying again to request a new one and got it in like 2 minutes.

Hmm, interesting. I've seen a couple of people say this recently so maybe they've got it sorted.
I've added this to the notice up top.

Just requested the key again, and that worked. Thanks @Running Raptors @Parideboy @Spotty!

Also @Spotty, I tried sending @GOTSpectrum a message but it returned that he's not accepting messages.

七転び八起き - Nana korobi ya oki - Fall down seven times, get up eight (Japanese proverb)

My sno-cone machine/claw machine/popcorn machine/3D printer/space heater

1 minute ago, it4hoomanz said:

Just requested the key again, and that worked. Thanks @Running Raptors @Parideboy @Spotty!

Also @Spotty, I tried sending @GOTSpectrum a message but it returned that he's not accepting messages.

3 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Hmm, interesting. I've seen a couple of people say this recently so maybe they've got it sorted.
I've added this to the notice up top.

Roger will also update the FAQ

On 3/16/2020 at 5:50 PM, Kaemmelot said:

For everyone having trouble with the web control (but still want to use it):
The official way doesn't work for me either, but I got access via http://localhost:7396/ (no 127.0.0.1 and no https).

Happy folding :)

This worked for me for a day, and then it went back to refreshing. It still works in incognito though.

3 minutes ago, it4hoomanz said:

Ah, he's pretty busy getting things set up for the event and I know he was getting flooded with messages so he must have disabled his inbox temporarily for a much needed brief window of sanity. :D

He'll likely see your post, but in case he misses it @GOTSpectrum please contact @it4hoomanz - He's interested in donating prizes for the event.

4 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Ah, he's pretty busy getting things set up for the event and I know he was getting flooded with messages so he must have disabled his inbox temporarily for a much needed brief window of sanity. :D

He'll likely see your post, but in case he misses it @GOTSpectrum please contact @it4hoomanz - He's interested in donating prizes for the event.

I haven't disabled anything maybe I have received that many messaged the forum is unhappy?

I'll get back to him shortly

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

I am at approx 500k points per day with my machines running as they are.
What's everyone else's daily est points?

And I saw some people on the Team list over 7million daily?! ...
https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/team_summary.php?s=&t=223518

How is that even possible? Many many machines all on the same account? I have 6 machines all running to accumulate the 500k daily I estimated.
I heard that sometimes you are awarded more than the estimated amounts? Is this true and if so, what is it based on?

3 minutes ago, x17andrew71x said:

How is that even possible? Many many machines all on the same account? I have 6 machines all running to accumulate the 500k daily I estimated.
I heard that sometimes you are awarded more than the estimated amounts? Is this true and if so, what is it based on?

I HOPE to get my secondary GPU back (its being RMAed.....) in time untill the event starts + the WU situation clearing up. Then I expect to pull a bit over 2m

Oh and I guess those guys will be pulling even more when the event has stared :D 

4 minutes ago, x17andrew71x said:

Single RTX 2080 at 100% power target producing approx. 1.700.000 PPD assuming uninterrupted supply of WUs. Could push 1.850.000 PPD with OC but I'm not comfortable with the temps and power draw for 24/7 crunching. CPU slot is disabled because my GPU is roughly 12x more power efficient and a kilowatt is like 30 eurocents here in Germany. Getting around 320 Watts power draw from the wall.

31 minutes ago, ShortRouter said:

Single RTX 2080 at 100% power target producing approx. 1.700.000 PPD assuming uninterrupted supply of WUs. Could push 1.850.000 PPD with OC but I'm not comfortable with the temps and power draw for 24/7 crunching. CPU slot is disabled because my GPU is roughly 12x more power efficient and a kilowatt is like 30 eurocents here in Germany. Getting around 320 Watts power draw from the wall.

Geez, that's crazy... My machines are no match for this then lol.

Been averaging around 1.5 mil or so PPD with my Radeon VII with these Corona WU's.
Sometimes it's a little more, sometimes less depending on the WU itself. Regardless of PPD I"m gonna do my part.

Folding example.jpg

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

8 minutes ago, x17andrew71x said:

Geez, that's crazy... My machines are no match for this then lol.

Every little bit helps! Even with my RX 590 stock, we're contributing to stopping this nonsense.

七転び八起き - Nana korobi ya oki - Fall down seven times, get up eight (Japanese proverb)

3 25USD steam gift cards from @it4hoomanz Can we all give this marvellous man some cheer!!!!

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Just now, x17andrew71x said:

I don't plan to stop, just feel 'emasculated' by the shear power that other's have with 1 card vs my 6 machines lol.

I'm in the same boat, no worries. 😃