Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GOTSpectrum

LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

NZXT users, keep an eye out on the cooling, failure can happen with the latest patch. I had to restart CAM several times until it recognized itself and allowed me to tweak the cooling curve.

Happy folding!

3 minutes ago, Maroza said:

NZXT users, keep an eye out on the cooling, failure can happen with the latest patch. I had to restart CAM several times until it recognized itself and allowed me to tweak the cooling curve.

Happy folding!

That's a spicy little bug... ooof

Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, LordKitsune said:

That's a spicy little bug... ooof

heh

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 7 1700 3GHz 8-Core Processor @ 4Ghz
  • Motherboard
    GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    DOMINATOR Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) @ 3400mhz
  • GPU
    Aorus GTX 1080 Waterforce
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    BenQ - XL2430(144hz), Dell 24" portrait
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240
6 minutes ago, ChuckNorris said:

Hey guys,

I have a small question: is it normal to only get a small part of the promised points?
As an example: I just finished a GPU workload with 66000 estimated points and a base credit of 7600. After uploading I just got credited 10000 points, though. All my workloads are handled similarly to this. In the 2 days of folding, I only got about 35000 points total, but I finished and uploaded about 5 CPU and 4 GPU workloads. All CPU workloads had an estimated credit of at least 2500 and all GPU workloads had estimated credits of at least 50000.
Is it normal to only get such a small amount of points and the estimated credit is there for no reason or what is the problem?

Thanks in advance.

Just read through the F@H FAQ https://foldingathome.org/support/faq/points/
Could it be that I am simply not entitled for bonus points yet?

1 minute ago, ChuckNorris said:

Just read through the F@H FAQ https://foldingathome.org/support/faq/points/
Could it be that I am simply not entitled for bonus points yet?

We’re you maybe reading “estimated points per day”?  That I assume involves what would be happening if there was always a WU ready for you and you ran it for 24hrs.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

We’re you maybe reading “estimated points per day”?  That I assume involves what would be happening if there was always a WU ready for you and you ran it for 24hrs.

No, in the web viewer I can read for my GPU:
"estimated points per day: 1,254,975" and "estimated points: 71,678"
In the end I only got credited about 10,000 points or so, like I said...

3 hours ago, Egg-Roll said:

You clearly never ran amd if you think your CPU got too warm.

Ha, well when I started being able to smell the CPU I thought it was best to not fold with it 😂

Hi everyone, I'm new at using Folding@Home.

My CPU and GPU are running at the same time, both are nice and warm and being utilized nicely, but contrary to the CPU, my GPU appears to make no progress, it's stuck at 0%.

Does the progress refresh at a lower frequency for the GPU than the CPU?

3 minutes ago, oscar7601 said:

My CPU and GPU are running at the same time, both are nice and warm and being utilized nicely, but contrary to the CPU, my GPU appears to make no progress, it's stuck at 0%.

It takes time to fetch and download a work unit(WU) I think. My second WU started after 20mins and 9 search attempts in client.

Just now, oscar7601 said:

No, they should refresh at the same speed. Are you sure your GPU has a WU? It will stay at 0% while it is requesting a WU download from the servers. In you advanced control, does the GPU slot say "Ready" beside it? If so, it's likely just waiting for delivery.

Also, GPU WUs tend to be more complex than CPU ones, and if your GPU is an older model you could just be progressing slower on it than expected.

Just now, Ghost.Hunterzz said:

It takes time to fetch and download a work unit(WU) I think. My second WU started after 20mins and 9 search attempts in client.

Yes I understand this but my GPU is already at work (pinned at 100% utilization) and its status in Folding is "Running".

I am simply curious of knowing if it's normal that it's stuck at 0% for a long period of time (over 1h30).

It's a GTX 1080.

1 minute ago, oscar7601 said:

Yes I understand this but my GPU is already at work (pinned at 100% utilization) and its status in Folding is "Running".

I am simply curious of knowing if it's normal that it's stuck at 0% for a long period of time (over 1h30).

It's a GTX 1080.

Try pausing it and restarting. If that doesn't do it, maybe @Metallus97 or one of the other vets would know something more. This is only my 3rd day in the fold :D

Just now, LordKitsune said:

Try pausing it and restarting. If that doesn't do it, maybe @Metallus97 or one of the other vets would know something more. This is only my 3rd day in the fold :D

Alright I am going to try this. :)

Here is a screenshot of the advanced view :

vk9RKED.png

2 minutes ago, oscar7601 said:

vk9RKED.png

Good luck! I'm gonna head back out into the world. Work cut my shifts so I've been stuck at home for the last couple of days watching fold bars progress! 

3 minutes ago, oscar7601 said:

vk9RKED.png

Maybe try restarting the client?

Restarting the client didn't change a thing either unfortunately.

I'm pretty sure my GPU is doing something given its temperature and the fact its utilization is pinned at 100% but the outcome is not displayed...

Posted (edited)

Alright so the GPU is actually working just fine but the progress percentage is only displayed in the "log" tab in advanced view.

Actually not, it was the CPU progress being displayed...

Edited by oscar7601
On 3/15/2020 at 8:35 PM, Egg-Roll said:

I'm running into the same issue with my second computer, according the the topic below you might have to restart the remote computer in order for it to take into effect however it is something I'm currently not willing to do as the computer is pushing out WUs, so if yours is down doing nothing it might be worth a restart to try to fix it.

Thanks for this. It was amazingly helpful.

I've now got it to say online in the advanced viewer but when I click on it it simply says "Updating".

Also, I can't access the web client for the second PC from the first PC - it just says "401 HTTP UNAUTHORIZED /".

Any ideas?

Man is still the most extraordinary computer of all.

John F. Kennedy

1 hour ago, RestlessRancor said:

Ha, well when I started being able to smell the CPU I thought it was best to not fold with it 😂

Sounds like you need new thermal paste 😜 I'm using the 6600k and only reason why I don't fold on it is because my 640 does more work then it and folding on it hinders the 1070 now than it's worth

Got about seven computers here at my workplace that are all waiting for work units. Seems a shame that Folding@Home has finally hit the big time and they can't get enough projects out for people to work on.

finally got my key today after waiting for 3 days. my estimated points per day went from 150000 to 1.7mill with my gtx 2070s so i guess the bonus points are no joke will see how it comes out after a few hours on these.

Fold away my friends!