LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

On 3/15/2020 at 8:35 PM, Egg-Roll said:

I'm running into the same issue with my second computer, according the the topic below you might have to restart the remote computer in order for it to take into effect however it is something I'm currently not willing to do as the computer is pushing out WUs, so if yours is down doing nothing it might be worth a restart to try to fix it.

Thanks for this. It was amazingly helpful.

I've now got it to say online in the advanced viewer but when I click on it it simply says "Updating".

Also, I can't access the web client for the second PC from the first PC - it just says "401 HTTP UNAUTHORIZED /".

Any ideas?

Man is still the most extraordinary computer of all.

John F. Kennedy

1 hour ago, RestlessRancor said:

Ha, well when I started being able to smell the CPU I thought it was best to not fold with it 😂

Sounds like you need new thermal paste 😜 I'm using the 6600k and only reason why I don't fold on it is because my 640 does more work then it and folding on it hinders the 1070 now than it's worth

Got about seven computers here at my workplace that are all waiting for work units. Seems a shame that Folding@Home has finally hit the big time and they can't get enough projects out for people to work on.

@maximumzero

you might wanna check out rosetta@home, a similar project by the University of Washington

finally got my key today after waiting for 3 days. my estimated points per day went from 150000 to 1.7mill with my gtx 2070s so i guess the bonus points are no joke will see how it comes out after a few hours on these.

Fold away my friends!

9 minutes ago, wirthi said:

@maximumzero

you might wanna check out rosetta@home, a similar project by the University of Washington

But does it go toward LTT group event? idts

1 minute ago, krep said:

finally got my key today after waiting for 3 days. my estimated points per day went from 150000 to 1.7mill with my gtx 2070s so i guess the bonus points are no joke will see how it comes out after a few hours on these.

Fold away my friends!

With a passkey there really is a pot o' fold at the end of the rainbow 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Threw a bunch of spare systems on and got them to folding! Glad to be able to help the cause

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

1 minute ago, Spaceduck413 said:

Just dug out and reassembled my 390x for this. My office is now a furnace lol

Welcome to the team!

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

I'm having some issues with my client. It finished the first set of folding hours ago, but it is not sending the results to the server. I have included my log here: https://gist.github.com/CrystalSpore/964e07d1660e9cb00782052bfe4d8b47

My only antivirus is windows defender, and I have disabled it, which still failed. Thank you for any help!

I get some non-responsive servers atm - assume they can't quite keep up with the volumes, both in terms of available work units and server capacity.

https://twitter.com/hardwarecanucks/status/1239738606882873344?s=19

Glad to see more YouTubers jumping into this

MOTHERBOARD: ASRock H97 Pro4 CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 @3.30 Ghz Intel Xeon E3-1271v3 @4.00 Ghz RAM: 32Gb (4x8Gb) Kingstone HyperX Fury DDR3@1600 Mhz (9-9-9-27)

GPU: MSI 390 8Gb Gaming Edition PSU: XFX TS 650w Bronze Enermax Revolution D.F. 650w 80+ Gold MOUSE: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum KEYBOARD: Monokey Standard Suave Blue

STORAGE: SSD Samsung EVO 850 250Gb // HDD WD Green 1Tb // HDD WD Blue 4Tb // HDD WD Blue 160Gb CASE: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed OS: Windows 11 Pro x64 Bit

MONITORS: Samsung CFG7 C24FG7xFQ @144hz // Samsung SyncMaster TA350 LT23A350 @60hz Samsung Odyssey G7 COOLER: Noctua NH-D15

16 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Welcome to the team!

Thanks! Happy to contribute to fighting this! I'm sure just about everyone in the world has a loved one who is at high risk

Things were getting a little toasty last night, so I rigged up a fan blowing air directly into the stock cooler and another blowing air in the gpu 

while I’m waiting for my hyper 212

forum still doesn’t like images it seems 🤦‍♂️
-no offense to people who are working on the forum I know you guys are trying hard, thank you, I just wanted to show how bootlegged this setup is 😂

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

7 minutes ago, scuff gang said:

Things were getting a little toasty last night, so I rigged up a fan blowing air directly into the stock cooler and another blowing air in the gpu 

while I’m waiting for my hyper 212

forum still doesn’t like images it seems 🤦‍♂️
-no offense to people who are working on the forum I know you guys are trying hard, thank you, I just wanted to show how bootlegged this setup is 😂

Upload it to photo-host or social media and it should embed if you drop the link here. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Just now, Micole.3 said:

Long time lurker, semi new folder. Let's do it!

Welcome to the team!!!!!!! LET'S GOOOO!!!!!!

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

https://photos.app.goo.gl/xZzSYKyXr8VExLVSA

-didnt embed... I don't use social media either.

@GOTSpectrum

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

If things stay as they are it will probably be needed to change the "10 days active" rule, normally you can have your PCs churning all day long but as it is you can leave your PC on all day and it only being active 4 hours because of no WUs..

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Just now, Kilrah said:

If things stay as they are it will probably be needed to change the "10 days active" rule, normally you can have your PCs churning all day long but as it is you can leave your PC on all day and it only being active 4 hours because of no WUs..

I'm already planning to waive that specific requirement, I'm just trying to work out the best way to move forward.

Don't worry, no one will miss out due to the server outage, I am monitoring the situation with the F@H servers closely over the next few days. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

3 minutes ago, scuff gang said:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/xZzSYKyXr8VExLVSA

-didnt embed... I don't use social media either.

@GOTSpectrum

Hmm... 

I believe imgur does embed, but regardlesss Nice fan placement.

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

When my PC finally gets a WU:

NjFNKFN.png

I got my laptop running as well, so at least I have something going on..

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I just turned the kettle on while the shower was in use and crashed my computer... It has to be said the electrician was right, the electrics are not happy bunnies. None the less we must fold on! 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240