LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

1 hour ago, chaozbandit said:

There are a bunch of CPU only projects that contribute to good science so its worth it if you look at it in this regard, not so much for if you're just in it for a number. My 1700X yields the same PPD as a single unit on my 290.

My 8700k at 5ghz (avx) puts out between 1:10 to 1:6 of what my Vega 64 puts out, so yeah CPU is a drop in the bucket for me.

32 minutes ago, Shigeru said:

I will try my luck in the next event, but happy for all what I learned and to found something to hammer with my computers like I did with Seti@home for 11 years :)

Even I was unable to resit and after fixing a computer for somebody I test it also running a few F@H WUs XD, a Phenom X3 455, but hey every bit counts... maybe I will have it run it a bit more if they can`t pick up the computer ;)

imagen.thumb.png.8aedecac49435b12776cdaf43728bdbd.png

Didn't know about this program, nice!!!

MOTHERBOARD: ASRock H97 Pro4 CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 @3.30 Ghz Intel Xeon E3-1271v3 @4.00 Ghz RAM: 32Gb (4x8Gb) Kingstone HyperX Fury DDR3@1600 Mhz (9-9-9-27)

GPU: MSI 390 8Gb Gaming Edition PSU: XFX TS 650w Bronze Enermax Revolution D.F. 650w 80+ Gold MOUSE: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum KEYBOARD: Monokey Standard Suave Blue

STORAGE: SSD Samsung EVO 850 250Gb // HDD WD Green 1Tb // HDD WD Blue 4Tb // HDD WD Blue 160Gb CASE: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed OS: Windows 11 Pro x64 Bit

MONITORS: Samsung CFG7 C24FG7xFQ @144hz // Samsung SyncMaster TA350 LT23A350 @60hz Samsung Odyssey G7 COOLER: Noctua NH-D15

4 minutes ago, aselwyn1 said:

i have no idea the first few days were fine but now i cant get anything but cpu https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=883762  its a 9900K with a 2080TI on a fairly fresh windows install

Please limit your CPU cores to 70% and underclock your GPU so it doesn't boost to insane clocks, and leave MC at stock. And then try without advanced next few WUs

Favebook's F@H Stats

Favebook's BOINC Stats

CPU i7-8700k (5.0GHz)  Motherboard Aorus Z370 Gaming 7  RAM Vengeance® RGB Pro 16GB DDR4 3200MHz  GPU  Aorus 1080 Ti

Case Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA  Storage  Samsung Evo 970 1TB & WD Red Pro 10TB

PSU Corsair HX850i  Cooling Custom EKWB loop

Display Acer Predator x34 120Hz

4 minutes ago, Parideboy said:

Didn't know about this program, nice!!!

HFM.NET? Well, I started to use it a week ago or maybe a bit more after reading about it in this thread ;)

Very useful to control all your computers clients when they are distributed around the house :)

2 minutes ago, Favebook said:

Please limit your CPU cores to 70% and underclock your GPU so it doesn't boost to insane clocks, and leave MC at stock. And then try without advanced next few WUs

not sure how to limit my cpu cores in F@H?  but i droped my gpu clock by 7 mhz in afterburner and turned off advanced and will see how it goes

Aselwyn1

2 minutes ago, Shigeru said:

HFM.NET? Well, I started to use it a week ago or maybe a bit more after reading about it in the thread ;)

Very useful to control all your computers clients when they are distributed around the house :)

Yeah, I was using the Client Advanced Control (since all pcs are running folding anyway) but this is way cleaner. Plus, it allows to import and export configurations

MOTHERBOARD: ASRock H97 Pro4 CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 @3.30 Ghz Intel Xeon E3-1271v3 @4.00 Ghz RAM: 32Gb (4x8Gb) Kingstone HyperX Fury DDR3@1600 Mhz (9-9-9-27)

GPU: MSI 390 8Gb Gaming Edition PSU: XFX TS 650w Bronze Enermax Revolution D.F. 650w 80+ Gold MOUSE: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum KEYBOARD: Monokey Standard Suave Blue

STORAGE: SSD Samsung EVO 850 250Gb // HDD WD Green 1Tb // HDD WD Blue 4Tb // HDD WD Blue 160Gb CASE: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed OS: Windows 11 Pro x64 Bit

MONITORS: Samsung CFG7 C24FG7xFQ @144hz // Samsung SyncMaster TA350 LT23A350 @60hz Samsung Odyssey G7 COOLER: Noctua NH-D15

2 minutes ago, Shigeru said:

HFM.NET? Well, I started to use it a week ago or maybe a bit more after reading about it in this thread ;)

That probably would have been easier than logging into my two computers with teamviewer at regular intervals 🤣

I can very audibly hear my case and monitors metal and plastic creak from the thermal expansion contraction in the morning and evening.  Bit surprising to suddenly hear a TICK come from my case while I'm half asleep. This thing's getting toasty to do that.

Just now, Kyouki_IE said:

That probably would have been easier than logging into my two computers with teamviewer at regular intervals 🤣

Indeed! The only problem I have if what sometimes I need to move the clients between the medium and full settings and HFM.NET can`t do that,,, but TeamViewer can deal with that :)

1 hour ago, Kyouki_IE said:

Nice. Do you run stock or do any overclocking or anything? I wouldn't expect much of a difference in performance from a better cooler but would consider a cooler upgrade at some point for lower temps/noise.

I'm not just in it for a number, as mentioned I would have left the 3700X running but didn't feel comfortable with the amount of heat/noise for 24/7 use. Noise especially, it vibrates through the whole house! 🤣

i use AMD overdrive precision boost thing on (i have OC mode always ON anyways)...

My GPU is stock around 68°c (154°F) (and playing)

But the worst is my laptop... i added a 2 fan, something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/SkyGenius-Battery-Operated-Clip-Black/dp/B01FFWG0I8/ref=sr_1_7?dchild=1&keywords=mini+fan&qid=1586443815&sr=8-7

it is open and the fan is blowing air towards the heat pipes, ram, chipset, etc...

with a full CPU + GPU load temperatures are around

CPU: 81°(177°F)

GPU:74°(165°F)

MB:76°(165°F)

without the 2 fan: 90°~

HOT!!!

2 minutes ago, Inkertus said:

I can very audibly hear my case and monitors metal and plastic creak from the thermal expansion contraction in the morning and evening.  Bit surprising to suddenly hear a TICK come from my case while I'm half asleep. This thing's getting toasty to do that.

If I forget to open the window at regular intervals, then it gets so hot that when I finally open it, everything including monitors starts to creak.

@chaozbandit

PPD per day difference between 8700k and Vega64. I picked the best performers for each. Night and day, lol. Are you sure that your 570 is at parity with your CPU?

CPU

image.png.14ca838cffae47c93851f7be5a28c67f.png

GPU

image.png.07c2cc296e9b3bd7719348a08427f22d.png

Good morning LTT Folders!

Silly question… Does anyone know if there is another Craig folding for the LTT team?  I looked at Donor Stats on their web site using Craig and Team 223518 showed me with 212 WUs and 1.7M+ credits which I think is pretty unlikely. It’s a new computer and doesn’t have a video card so I’m am only using CPUs.  Do they measure some other metric other than the credits they show as I’ve only seen a few for around 20K but the others are in the 5k-7k range and I don’t think I’ve had 212 WUs either.

I don’t really care about internet “credits” but it is nice to know you’re accomplishing something and maybe Craigs united can take over the 2nd spot!!!

Craig stats LTT Team.PNG

1 minute ago, Boyce1 said:

Silly question… Does anyone know if there is another Craig folding for the LTT team?  I looked at Donor Stats on their web site using Craig and Team 223518 showed me with 212 WUs and 1.7M+ credits which I think is pretty unlikely. It’s a new computer and doesn’t have a video card so I’m am only using CPUs.  Do they measure some other metric other than the credits they show as I’ve only seen a few for around 20K but the others are in the 5k-7k range and I don’t think I’ve had 212 WUs either.

I don’t really care about internet “credits” but it is nice to know you’re accomplishing something and maybe Craigs united can take over the 2nd spot!!!

Craig stats LTT Team.PNG

Are you the OG Craig with 113 Million points? @GOTSpectrum has been complaining about people with duplicate folding names this whole event.

F@H    EOC

3 minutes ago, Boyce1 said:

Just check your donor stats on the F@H site, that will tell you your actual production.

https://stats.foldingathome.org/donors

EDIT:  I'm dumb lol.

R5 3600, 5700 XT, AX370 K7...  and that's plenty for me.  If you ignore the masses of other parts I occasionally put together and laugh about.

8 minutes ago, Psedog said:

@chaozbandit

PPD per day difference between 8700k and Vega64. I picked the best performers for each. Night and day, lol. Are you sure that your 570 is at parity with your CPU?

CPU

GPU

I don't have a 570.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

6 minutes ago, Boyce1 said:

Craig stats LTT Team.PNG

Uhmmm... looks like the same case what happened with me when first trying F@H, I used just "Hugo" and that was too generic since duplicated folding names are allowed by the system. I lost around 50k credits but after changing my folding name to something less generic all was good :) (also, remember to get your passkey)

Edited by Shigeru
typos

5 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

I don't have a 570.

Oh snap. My bad. My brain made up some stuff. I don't know how I got 570 out of the R9-290, lol. My fault.

4 minutes ago, jctappel67 said:

Are you the OG Craig with 113 Million points? @GOTSpectrum has been complaining about people with duplicate folding names this whole event.

No I'm a fairly technically challenged old fart who just started this with a new computer I'm building that was supposed to replace my old dieing PC that I'm dedicating to folding at least until the old one dies.

4 minutes ago, GalaxyNetworks said:

Only 5.000.000 points left to get the GOLD badge!!! Or should I say... 3-4 hours left to get the GOLD badge. 😁

7.5 hours actually.

@TVwazherety for badge :D

2 minutes ago, GalaxyNetworks said:

Only 5.000.000 points left to get the GOLD badge!!! Or should I say... 3-4 hours left to get the GOLD badge. 😁

I am jealous. I won't be able to reach that for at least a month, if I were to leave my computer folding 24/7, and I CAN'T...

F@H    EOC

10 minutes ago, Shigeru said:

Uhmmm... looks like the same case what happened with me when first trying F@H, I used just "Hugo" and that was too generic since duplicated folding names are allowed by the system. I lost around 50k credits but after changing my folding name to something less generic all was good :) (also, remember to get your passkey)

Yeah I figured it was probably something like that.  I did get a passkey thingy.