LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

7 minutes ago, BrewThatStew said:

I have a GeForce 7800 GTX from 2005 I can use to fold. It's an absolute space heater so I wonder how warm I can make my garage lol

If I had room in my rig, I'd throw in my old 9600 GT with the REVERSE blower cooler.

Nothing says high performance like recirculating your own hot air while the fan is screaming in desperation to cool things down... 🤷🏽‍♂️

3 minutes ago, DayDreamer2734 said:

If I had room in my rig, I'd throw in my old 9600 GT with the REVERSE blower cooler.

Nothing says high performance like recirculating your own hot air while the fan is screaming in desperation to cool things down... 🤷🏽‍♂️

Yeah my 7800 GTX has the reverse cooler. I used to have two of them and they came out of an Alienware Aurora 7500 SLI. Very powerful for the time and still sought after. I sold the Athlon FX-51 out of it a few years ago for over $100... too bad the motherboard went bad.

Q

22 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

@Metallus97 @leadeater Preliminary testing of the data-handling system has just been completed.

So far all system are nominal, the next test will be in 24 hours time, if that is good, we are green for launch. 

Validation of the sheets calculations, conditional formatting and formulas is also showing green across the board.

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Just now, BrewThatStew said:

Yeah my 7800 GTX has the reverse cooler. I used to have two of them and they came out of an Alienware Aurora 7500 SLI. Very powerful for the time and still sought after. I sold the Athlon FX-51 out of it a few years ago for over $100... too bad the motherboard went bad.

I recently got into vintage hardware in the past year and I have collected a RIVA TNT2, RIVA TNT2 Ultra and a GeForce 3 ti 200. I've been lucky with the 20+ year old hardware not coming in DOA. *knocks on wood* But I have the means to refurb if need be.

Either way, happy folding! 🦾

Finally got my rig up and running, will be adding a 1080 and i7 6700k to the cause as well in a few minutes. But man, its been YEARS, and many GPU's ago. What is the best GPU OC for folding? IIRC it was pump the memory as far as possible, even sacrifice GPU core speed for memory if needed.

I typically run a 2025 MHz core and 7800 memory for gaming. Sound about right for folding? I doubt I can push my memory THAT much higher, and also don't want any errors....

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

24 minutes ago, x17andrew71x said:

So what data-handling system is this? What does this do and why is it important? Sorry for my ignorance, eager to learn.

Pulls the full FAH stats flat file from Standford, converts it from Tab delimited to Comma because screw Tabs in scripts, grabs all the folders folding for LTT and puts them in to a new CSV file, cross check this LTT CSV file against people that have signed up and puts that in to another CSV containing Folding Username, Total Points, Total WU. All data files are kept and I run the script every hour, because all the data!

Basically generating 3 CSV files that get progressively more filtered until it's just data for this event.

2 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Pulls the full FAH stats flat file from Standford, converts it from Tab delimited to Comma because screw Tabs in scripts, grabs all the folders folding for LTT and puts them in to a new CSV file, cross check this LTT CSV file against people that have signed up and puts that in to another CSV containing Folding Username, Total Points, Total WU. All data files are kept and I run the script every hour, because all the data!

Basically generating 3 CSV files that get progressively more filtered until it's just data for this event.

And this is why I didn't give a technical answer. The artist himself can explain much better.

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

@leadeater Fantastic! That's quite the workload in itself there too i bet.

Is there a way to see if my form submission was accepted or whatever? Can I see if I've been added to the list for the event?

Just now, x17andrew71x said:

@leadeater Fantastic! That's quite the workload in itself there too i bet.

Is there a way to see if my form submission was accepted or whatever? Can I see if I've been added to the list for the event?

-.- look on the blog post... It's literally at the top of this thread as the best answer...

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Just now, x17andrew71x said:

That's quite the workload in itself there too i bet.

In previous events we did all this by hand... It was a large workload to say the least

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 minute ago, GOTSpectrum said:

-.- look on the blog post... It's literally at the top of this thread as the best answer...

😢 I'm sorry... I will look back.. 

1 minute ago, x17andrew71x said:

😢 I'm sorry... I will look back.. 

No need to be sorry!

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Anyone know how to fix waiting for 127.0.0.1 error, it looks like the page keeps reloading. 

The screen flashes super quick and doesnt allow me to change any settings?

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

1 minute ago, scuff gang said:

Anyone know how to fix waiting for 127.0.0.1 error, it looks like the page keeps reloading. 

The screen flashes super quick and doesnt allow me to change any settings?

use incognito mode or a diff browser

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // Forum FAQ // The Parrot Gang
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

WE ARE THE DARK SIDE Don't be a light theme peasant

Spoiler

........:oo:........

o//ssssssssyhhysssss+////o               .''''''''''''''. 

mddmmm/::ddddddddddddddmmmyss::/mmN       |   PARTY ON   |

o..+oodddmmmhhhhhhhhhhhdmmmmmdddooy       | ,............'

h::oyyhddmmm+++///////////++++++mmmddy::s  |/

Nyyo[[sddhyyyyy::::::::::::::::::::yyymmh//oyym

h..:oohmm+:://///::::////////////////+mmmmms..sNN

m++sddmmm+::hddhhy::+ddddddddddddddhhhmmmmmdhh+++d

Nsssyyhmmhssooodmmhhh::+mmdyyyyyyyyddddddmmmmmmmmo::d

mmd../mmmmmo::shhdmmhhh::+mmhooooooooyhhmmmmmmmmmmmyssdmm

+++++smmdddo::///dmmhhh::+mmhooooooooooommmmmddddmmmdd/++m

``+hhhmmhoo/:::::oooooossymmhooooooooyyymmdoooooydddmmo//N

++:mmmmmy:::::::::::::/yyhmmhooooooooyhhmmd:::::+yyhmmyssddd

ooommmmmy:::::::::::::://ommhooooooooooommd:::::://shhdmm+..

yyhmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyyymmd::::::::/++hmm+//

dddmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyhhddh:::::::::::hmmysshhd

mmmmmdhhs::::::::::::::::+mmhoooooooohhhhhy:::::::::::hmmhhh``+

mmmmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmdhhsooooodmm++/:::::::::::hmmsss``+

dddmmhoo+::::::::::::::::+dddddyssyyydmm::::::::::::::hmmsoo++o

dddmmdhho::::::::::::::::+hhdmmddddmmmmm::::::::::::::hmmsooNNN

mmmmmh///::::::::::::::::+hhdmmmmmmmmddd::::::::::::::hmmsoo++/

yyhmmdss+::::::::::::::::/ooydddmmmmmsoo::::::::::::::yddhyy::+

++ommmmmy:::::::::::::::::::ohhdmmddd/::::::::::::::::shhdmmsssNNNmmN

..+mmmmmy:::::::::::::::::::://shh+//:::::::::::::::::://dmmmmdoo+..o

``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh

Just now, Gegger said:

Okay 🤦‍♂️

Edge is gonna get taken for a spin today...

AMD blackout rig

3 minutes ago, Gegger said:

Yay it worked! Thank you!

AMD blackout rig

So I have it started and it says “ready” my gpu isn’t being used or nothings 

do I just have to wait?

AMD blackout rig

Got both an old dell box with a Xeon quad core and a Quadro 600 running 24/7 under my desk and my main gaming PC with it's I9 and RTX2070 working most of the time on this, heck yeah

2 minutes ago, LordKitsune said:

Read blue message at top :D

Ah, it was working on a wu for a second and then stopped when I tried to tweak my gpu in msi afterburner... 😂😂

gives me time to tweak some stuff i guess, how often do new work units come?

and I can I fold with multiple devices on the same account?

AMD blackout rig

I still have not got a CPU task on one of my machines.... GPU is going strong on this guy tho. Just, keep waiting?

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

2 minutes ago, scuff gang said:

Ah, it was working on a wu for a second and then stopped when I tried to tweak my gpu in msi afterburner... 😂😂

gives me time to tweak some stuff i guess, how often do new work units come?

and I can I fold with multiple devices on the same account?

Usually there is more WU's then people to crunch them.... but right now there are so many of us going absolutely HAM on this, seems to be a shortage which is nuts.

And yes you can. I am folding on two machines right now.

And is this as gpu intensive as furmark?

@LIGISTX

AMD blackout rig