LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

3 minutes ago, StroopFX said:

It's one thing to have points delayed, but come on!  I have never folded nor would i ever fold for a team named "Grammar Nazis of America"

Anyone having points show up on another team?  I had an initial work unit when I first started - before I joined LTT, but the WTH is going on:

Sorry, I saw the opportunity and had to take it.
Someone else mentioned a similar issue. Their servers are under a lot of stress, so you just have to let it slide. Maybe it'll get corrected down the line.

1 hour ago, KendallR said:

im running 65C on my i9880H consistantly and 38 to 40 on my 2080 super XC@ 2095mhz Stable, No Errors. Everything is wide open to breath. nothing has changed but the Estimates are lower with no addition loads added to my system.

i figured it out. the Advanced WU dont give out the same ratio of points. Its actually a lower points ratio. ive been getting mostly advanced WU on my GPU slot

1 minute ago, C3Shark said:

1418138036_Annotation2020-04-04230840.png.cca62a8deee39cd12e5527a816b5f850.png

LOL!  Cee thats also y eye wud nevr fuld for dem!

Main Rig: CPU: Ryzen 9 3900x | Motherboard: Asus PRIME X570-PRO | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Elite DDR4 3600 (2x8GB) CL-16-18-18 | GPU: Radeon RX5700XT | Case: NZXT H700 - Black/White | Storage: Inland 512GB M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe 3.0 x4 | PSU: CORSAIR RM 850X 80+ Gold | Display(s): Alienware 34" Curved Monitor - AW3418DW | Cooling: CORSAIR H100i RGB Platinum AIO

Laptop: Lenovo Legion Y450

My logs show about 500,000 in points but Ive only seemed to get credit for 1/5th of that? But keep folding away cause at the end of the day it's not about the points. :)

4 minutes ago, KendallR said:

i figured it out. the Advanced WU dont give out the same ratio of points. Its actually a lower points ratio. ive been getting mostly advanced WU on my GPU slot

Something is better than nothing. I was flat dead not getting any WU's before adding Advanced

1 minute ago, rodarkone said:

Interesting - no cvid-19 -> image.png.200f204a162a239a57f1a4c2e0df90ee.png

If you believe the news. apparently there is a cure being fast tract for production for COVID 19. Maybe there pushing other things down the pipe line. We need the work units anyways. better to be doing something rather than nothing.

19 hours ago, marknd59 said:

Hey do you think it's save to run on surface Pro 5 or will I kill it?

I'm running it on a Surface Pro 2, using TS to disable turbo. Works pretty fine, but only nets around 5k PPD.

I also tried it on a Surface Pro 6, the highest it reached was 71c. So again, it's fine, but it was power limit throttling a lot.

Desktop 1 : Ryzen 5 3600 (O/C to 4Ghz all-core) | Gigabyte B450M-DS3H | 24GB DDR4-2400 Crucial(O/C to 2667) | GALAX RTX 2060 6GB | CoolerMaster MWE 650 Gold

Desktop 2 : i5 10400 | 32GB DDR4-3200(@ 2667Mhz) |  EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8 GB | Corsair CV450M

Laptop : ASUS ROG Strix G17 : i7-10750H, 16GB RAM, GTX 1660Ti 6GB(90W), 1TB NVMe SSD

Yoga 3 14 - i7-5500U, 8GB RAM, GeForce GT 940M, 256GB SSD

22 minutes ago, StroopFX said:

It's one thing to have points delayed, but come on!  I have never folded nor would i ever fold for a team named "Grammar Nazis of America"

Anyone having points show up on another team?  I had an initial work unit when I first started - before I joined LTT, but the WTH is going on:

image.png.eb3d98c7d8b23c536b0f9cb8c4cf460a.png

Double-checked the config on both Desktop and Laptop and they show the Team ID for LTT:

Desktop:

image.png.f16f14d149d3b0e28bc681b253278629.png

Laptop:

image.png.b26eea8a40a3751f72e1842514fb4786.png

Well the Laptop team number you have posted above is actually for the Grammar Nazis of America.

image.png.44525dc70c0dad041897894aa977964c.png

26 minutes ago, StroopFX said:

image.png.eb3d98c7d8b23c536b0f9cb8c4cf460a.png

Double-checked the config on both Desktop and Laptop and they show the Team ID for LTT:

Desktop:

image.png.f16f14d149d3b0e28bc681b253278629.png

Laptop:

image.png.b26eea8a40a3751f72e1842514fb4786.png

your laptop team number is Grammar Nazis. They're different numbers

52 minutes ago, Bitter said:

My poor i5 4590 got a huge CPU WU that's looking like it's going to take 21 hours to finish with 7% done already. WHY COULDN'T THE 2700X HAVE GOTTEN THAT? WHY?

Project 14190

only 21 hours? that's a rookie number

my ol' crappy intel celery 2955u gets 10 day WUs

edit: i've also never gotten QRB afaik

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // Forum FAQ // The Parrot Gang
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

WE ARE THE DARK SIDE Don't be a light theme peasant

Spoiler

........:oo:........

o//ssssssssyhhysssss+////o               .''''''''''''''. 

mddmmm/::ddddddddddddddmmmyss::/mmN       |   PARTY ON   |

o..+oodddmmmhhhhhhhhhhhdmmmmmdddooy       | ,............'

h::oyyhddmmm+++///////////++++++mmmddy::s  |/

Nyyo[[sddhyyyyy::::::::::::::::::::yyymmh//oyym

h..:oohmm+:://///::::////////////////+mmmmms..sNN

m++sddmmm+::hddhhy::+ddddddddddddddhhhmmmmmdhh+++d

Nsssyyhmmhssooodmmhhh::+mmdyyyyyyyyddddddmmmmmmmmo::d

mmd../mmmmmo::shhdmmhhh::+mmhooooooooyhhmmmmmmmmmmmyssdmm

+++++smmdddo::///dmmhhh::+mmhooooooooooommmmmddddmmmdd/++m

``+hhhmmhoo/:::::oooooossymmhooooooooyyymmdoooooydddmmo//N

++:mmmmmy:::::::::::::/yyhmmhooooooooyhhmmd:::::+yyhmmyssddd

ooommmmmy:::::::::::::://ommhooooooooooommd:::::://shhdmm+..

yyhmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyyymmd::::::::/++hmm+//

dddmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyhhddh:::::::::::hmmysshhd

mmmmmdhhs::::::::::::::::+mmhoooooooohhhhhy:::::::::::hmmhhh``+

mmmmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmdhhsooooodmm++/:::::::::::hmmsss``+

dddmmhoo+::::::::::::::::+dddddyssyyydmm::::::::::::::hmmsoo++o

dddmmdhho::::::::::::::::+hhdmmddddmmmmm::::::::::::::hmmsooNNN

mmmmmh///::::::::::::::::+hhdmmmmmmmmddd::::::::::::::hmmsoo++/

yyhmmdss+::::::::::::::::/ooydddmmmmmsoo::::::::::::::yddhyy::+

++ommmmmy:::::::::::::::::::ohhdmmddd/::::::::::::::::shhdmmsssNNNmmN

..+mmmmmy:::::::::::::::::::://shh+//:::::::::::::::::://dmmmmdoo+..o

``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh

So, I'm seeing some interesting temperature behaviour on this work unit I'm doing right now... It stays in the low 60's, the blasts up over 70 degrees before slowly ramping back down. And it doesn't appear to be a sensing issue, the UEFI is picking up on it too judging by the very annoying surges in fan speed. Is this just a facet of this WU? Has anyone else seen this?

Processor is a Ryzen 3600.

WU in question is PRCG 13832

2020-04-04-233519_801x412_scrot.png

9 minutes ago, sesim_nov said:

So, I'm seeing some interesting temperature behaviour on this work unit I'm doing right now... It stays in the low 60's, the blasts up over 70 degrees before slowly ramping back down. And it doesn't appear to be a sensing issue, the UEFI is picking up on it too judging by the very annoying surges in fan speed. Is this just a facet of this WU? Has anyone else seen this?

Processor is a Ryzen 3600.

WU in question is PRCG 13832

I see 10C variation on my CPU and the noise of the rad fans was getting to me so I decreased the threshold to keep them from slowing down.

Cap5.JPG

9 minutes ago, C3Shark said:

I see 10C variation on my CPU and the noise of the rad fans was getting to me so I decreased the threshold to keep them from slowing down.

I might have to try that, i know my bios has a timer setting for the fan speed stepdown, so I might try it when i reboot in the AM. Luckily my PC is in a separate room so it won't bother me overnight while it folds.

I am now getting GPU WU's how ever when they finish they are not showing up as completed nor counting in my totals is this a reporting issue or are they just not sending?

I decided to check on the folding server.... uhhh... what?

image.png.dd86681e16a4a74dced92d803350cefe.png

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Just now, LFreeman said:

Seems like a reboot is in order

But it literally takes like 10 mins cause the board is dying... URGH 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

2 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

first rule in IT reboot.. (insert meme here)JUST DO IT! 

3 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

have you already restarted the Program?

Just now, KendallR said:

have you already restarted the Program?

Aye!

1 minute ago, LFreeman said:

first rule in IT reboot.. (insert meme here)JUST DO IT! 

It's 0514 and I haven't slept yet... but... muh points! 

Spoiler

FINE. I'll do it 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

42 minutes ago, ItchyItch said:

Well the Laptop team number you have posted above is actually for the Grammar Nazis of America.

image.png.44525dc70c0dad041897894aa977964c.png

Like I said, I'm a member of the Grammar Nazis of America... dyslexic branch...

Thanks for that catch!

Main Rig: CPU: Ryzen 9 3900x | Motherboard: Asus PRIME X570-PRO | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Elite DDR4 3600 (2x8GB) CL-16-18-18 | GPU: Radeon RX5700XT | Case: NZXT H700 - Black/White | Storage: Inland 512GB M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe 3.0 x4 | PSU: CORSAIR RM 850X 80+ Gold | Display(s): Alienware 34" Curved Monitor - AW3418DW | Cooling: CORSAIR H100i RGB Platinum AIO

Laptop: Lenovo Legion Y450