LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

6 minutes ago, Metallus97 said:

Rosetta@Home GOGOGOGOGO! 

Sadly I cant contribute towads medicine with my AMD GPUs on BOINC ;( everything that does that is CUDA

ofc the client decides to crap out on me the second i launch it >.<

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // Forum FAQ // The Parrot Gang
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

WE ARE THE DARK SIDE Don't be a light theme peasant

Spoiler

........:oo:........

o//ssssssssyhhysssss+////o               .''''''''''''''. 

mddmmm/::ddddddddddddddmmmyss::/mmN       |   PARTY ON   |

o..+oodddmmmhhhhhhhhhhhdmmmmmdddooy       | ,............'

h::oyyhddmmm+++///////////++++++mmmddy::s  |/

Nyyo[[sddhyyyyy::::::::::::::::::::yyymmh//oyym

h..:oohmm+:://///::::////////////////+mmmmms..sNN

m++sddmmm+::hddhhy::+ddddddddddddddhhhmmmmmdhh+++d

Nsssyyhmmhssooodmmhhh::+mmdyyyyyyyyddddddmmmmmmmmo::d

mmd../mmmmmo::shhdmmhhh::+mmhooooooooyhhmmmmmmmmmmmyssdmm

+++++smmdddo::///dmmhhh::+mmhooooooooooommmmmddddmmmdd/++m

``+hhhmmhoo/:::::oooooossymmhooooooooyyymmdoooooydddmmo//N

++:mmmmmy:::::::::::::/yyhmmhooooooooyhhmmd:::::+yyhmmyssddd

ooommmmmy:::::::::::::://ommhooooooooooommd:::::://shhdmm+..

yyhmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyyymmd::::::::/++hmm+//

dddmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyhhddh:::::::::::hmmysshhd

mmmmmdhhs::::::::::::::::+mmhoooooooohhhhhy:::::::::::hmmhhh``+

mmmmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmdhhsooooodmm++/:::::::::::hmmsss``+

dddmmhoo+::::::::::::::::+dddddyssyyydmm::::::::::::::hmmsoo++o

dddmmdhho::::::::::::::::+hhdmmddddmmmmm::::::::::::::hmmsooNNN

mmmmmh///::::::::::::::::+hhdmmmmmmmmddd::::::::::::::hmmsoo++/

yyhmmdss+::::::::::::::::/ooydddmmmmmsoo::::::::::::::yddhyy::+

++ommmmmy:::::::::::::::::::ohhdmmddd/::::::::::::::::shhdmmsssNNNmmN

..+mmmmmy:::::::::::::::::::://shh+//:::::::::::::::::://dmmmmdoo+..o

``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh

1 minute ago, Gegger said:

Reinstall :D 

But yes the BOINC client sometimes is a bit... interesting!

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

GPU work units stuck waiting to download. Leave the client running and it will download a new work unit when available

I know this appears to be an issue but how long is it expected to take? I ran F@H all night and only completed 2 WU's because it stopped running after those. Its been waiting for a download now for over 12 hours even though the status of my components is ready and they are not set to be paused or stoped? Anyone else having a similar problem?

Ryzen 7 1700 @3.8GHz | Asus X370-F | 32gb Corsair Lpx | Nvidia Rtx 2070 super | WD black 256gb nvme | Crucial mx300 1Tb sata | Fractal Design Meshify C | Corsair RM750i | Noctua Nh-u12a | Samsung 1440p 144hz VA 

Certified Noctua fan

4 minutes ago, Metallus97 said:

Reinstall :D 

But yes the BOINC client sometimes is a bit... interesting!

i'm currently screaming at the client to run

dear boinc why you break

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // Forum FAQ // The Parrot Gang
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

Spoiler

``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh

8 minutes ago, Gegger said:

You need to have CUDA to fold for COVID?  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Hey all, I am new to the folding scene. I have the client installed and I am having troubles with getting jobs. This seems to be a common thing? If it is common, how long can be normal to let it sit before it finds a job and gets working?

I have no worthwhile GPU's to use atm, but I am running a Ryzen 5 3600, could this be the problem? Not enough cores?
I have tried to split it up and have it set to three separate CPU slots, 2/4/6 to use up all 12 threads available to me.

It just got a job while typing this on the 2core slot, but says its gonna take 15days... is that normal? 

Any help with optimizing this or making things run faster/smoother/more frequently, that would be much appreciated.
Also, I heard that the Covid19 event has a minimum requirement of 500,000 points by the end of 14 days. Will my machine be able to reach that?

Thanks,
- A

image.thumb.png.ce4b5eb29335ca0470260d59ceab5dfe.png

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

personally i don't really care if i'm folding for COVID or whatever

i just want my shitty pc to do something

Spoiler

@Bombastinator Nope, AMD GPUs work as well via OpenCL.

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X | MoBo MSI B550 Gaming Plus | RAM 32GB Teamgroup @3600/18 | GPU EVGA RTX 3070 Ti FTW | Case Enthoo Pro M SE
PSU bq! Straight Power 11 Plat. 750W CM | Cooling Scythe Fuma 2 & 5x Corsair ML140 | Sound SB Z Retail | Storage Samsung 970 EVO 500GB
Display(s) Iiyama GB3461WQSU, Dell 24", LG 34UM95 | Keyboard Kinesis Freestyle Edge | Mouse Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum | OS Windows 11

Just now, x17andrew71x said:

-snip-

there's not enough work to go around with the sheer amount of people that have joined

i'm running a celeron from 5+ years ago, 10+ day WUs are normal to me

Spoiler

Is there a place to find out what PPD I should expect for my hardware? Vega64 GPU. Right now with only GPU it's around 900k PPD (~80k per work unit). About the same for my 1950x Threadripper CPU work when it was running (~80k per work unit). Though CPU hasn't found work for a day now. GPU has been getting work every couple of hours though. Do those numbers seem about right?

image.png.3f9b2a5e4610e564475398d61e4f8a71.png

3 minutes ago, kingfoot said:

Is there a place to find out what PPD I should expect for my hardware? Vega64 GPU. Right now with only GPU it's around 900k PPD (~80k per work unit). About the same for my 1950x Threadripper CPU work when it was running (~80k per work unit). Though CPU hasn't found work for a day now. GPU has been getting work every couple of hours though. Do those numbers seem about right?

https://www.overclock.net/forum/55-overclock-net-folding-home-team/475163-gpu-projects-ppd-database.html

Also, I sent the passkey request hours ago and havent gotten an email. (Checked spam)

Just now, x17andrew71x said:

Also, I sent the passkey request hours ago and havent gotten an email. (Checked spam)

This is normal, it's part of their servers being hammered with requests

Mini-ITX Desktop: i9-9900K@5GHz, 32GB TridentZ RGB 3200MHz, Asus Strix Z390-i, EVGA 3090 Hybrid FTW3, Samsung 970 EVO+ NVMe 1TB, Lian Li O11 Air Mini White

Plex/Minecraft Server: Dell PowerEdge T320, Xeon E5-2470 v2, 48GB RAM, 19.25TB storage, RTX A2000 6GB

Tablet: iPad Pro 11” M1

1 hour ago, Metallus97 said:

Well... sadly then it will get scrapped and is wasted. Again this is due to suuper high demand and load on the servers. You cant really do anything about it. Dont restart the client to often as this creates even more load for the servers. Just let it try and hope for the best.

Gonna ad this to the FAQ! -> Thanks for the question!

What's the difference between Timeout and Expiration then?  Seems confusing to have both.

I also find it weird how the estimated credit seems to count down over time while its waiting to send, though that always seems an order of magnitude higher than the actual credit in the end anyway.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

17 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

No! OpenCL that works on AMD and Nvidia. But for the BOINC GPU projects that do medical science you need CUDA.

1 hour ago, Pascal... said:

You have to wait for the E-Mail with the Passkey, Servers are overwhelmed rn. LTT Team number is: 223518

Oh, ok. I thought I did something wrong or missed a step. Do they know when Passkeys will be available again? 

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 3.2Ghz Pinnacle Ridge | Asus Prime X570-Pro | Corsair Vengeances RGB PRO 64GB 3200Mhz | EVGA Nvidia Geforce 3060 XC | EVGA G2 SuperNova 750 Watt PSU

2 minutes ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

What's the difference between Timeout and Expiration then?  Seems confusing to have both.

I also find it weird how the estimated credit seems to count down over time while its waiting to send, though that always seems an order of magnitude higher than the actual credit in the end anyway.

That all has to do with the Quick Return Bonus. Info here: https://foldingathome.org/support/faq/points/

Will ad to FAQ :) 

8 minutes ago, Metallus97 said:

That all has to do with the Quick Return Bonus. Info here: https://foldingathome.org/support/faq/points/

Will ad to FAQ :) 

The nerve, penalising me for THEIR crappy servers! :P

In all honesty though, its just bragging rights and I'm never going to compete there as it brings my system to its knees.  The UI responds like Windows 95 without graphics drivers installed, not really practical in the long term.
  Not to mention I have an ITX system with a blower cooler, although bonus is it doubles up as a hand dryer while were all washing our hands more frequently anyway.  Bad thing is, it SOUNDS like a hand dryer too. 🤣

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

1 hour ago, Pascal... said:

You have to wait for the E-Mail with the Passkey, Servers are overwhelmed rn. LTT Team number is: 223518

Also, how do I pick in the folding app that I am trying to help with the Corona Research?

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 3.2Ghz Pinnacle Ridge | Asus Prime X570-Pro | Corsair Vengeances RGB PRO 64GB 3200Mhz | EVGA Nvidia Geforce 3060 XC | EVGA G2 SuperNova 750 Watt PSU

1 minute ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

In all honesty though, its just bragging rights and I'm never going to compete there as it brings my system to its knees.  The UI responds like Windows 95 without graphics drivers installed, not really practical in the long term.
  Not to mention I have an ITX system with a blower cooler, doubles up as a hand dryer, so it doubles up as were all washing our hands so much more often anyway but it SOUNDS like a hand dryer too. 🤣

FOLDATRON had a 980 FE and a 1080 FE in her... She has a loud mouth to say the least

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

The user list will be posted on the event blog shortly, There will be no DMs if your name is invalid in some way so please look it over, I will park any with an asterix that need attention. Please look it over, because after the event starts, if its wrong your pot outta luck.

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

3 minutes ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

Not to mention I have an ITX system with a blower cooler, doubles up as a hand dryer, so it doubles up as were all washing our hands so much more often anyway but it SOUNDS like a hand dryer too. 🤣

Yeha, wh not :D

I mean every bit helps and we are glad for every CPU+GPU we have on board!