LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

2 minutes ago, avgbits said:

I have a WU that just does't get uploaded... Never happened to me. It's at 12 attempts now... Is there a way I can save it?

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.37c3a8ceab69453683e34d0523263e28.png

image.thumb.png.ae4d7187755dff09e20ee268ac390029.png

The german at the end basically says connection timeout

Give it some time, a many people have had problems with the server you're trying to upload to. It seems to be a bit overloaded currently, but it will upload eventually. Don't worry about it, the whole network is still strapped pretty tight for the number of users that are now helping so this can occur from time to time.

4 minutes ago, avgbits said:

I have a WU that just does't get uploaded... Never happened to me. It's at 12 attempts now... Is there a way I can save it?

its already saved in your system. you can try pouse client and restart system

2 minutes ago, KenjiS9965 said:

Awesome!

How do you get 12 cores tho... 2700X is 8 core

I was just wondering exactly the same thing. I was wondering if he was making 2 PCs with a 2700x each, but even then that would make 14 cores (after the 2x core reduction for the 2 2060s).

2 minutes ago, marknd59 said:

OK 12 threads then

I still don't get how you get to 12, you need 1 thread per GPU, but not 1 core. According to my calculations it still should be 14 threads or 7 cores.

1 minute ago, marknd59 said:

I said 12 because I'm keeping 4 back 2 for the GPUs and to for other stuff.

2 for "She who must be obeyed" I think 🤣

Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish. Stay Folding. Stay at home!

1 minute ago, marknd59 said:

I said 12 because I'm keeping 4 back 2 for the GPUs and to for other stuff.

My 3700x has 4 threads reserved for a GPU and other stuff I'm doing.  Good policy if you don't want stuff to interfere with each other. My 1700 has one for windows stuff and the other for a GPU.

9 minutes ago, efka112 said:

its already saved in your system. you can try pouse client and restart system

Good idea, this did at least reset the timer :)
But I guess the server had a pretty stressful week so it's ok to take some rest from receiving all WU in time...

My uploads were often extremely slow but never failed till now. But If my other units go through it's fine.

2 minutes ago, avgbits said:

Good idea, this did at least reset the timer :)
But I guess the server had a pretty stressful week so it's ok to take some rest from receiving all WU in time...

My uploads were often extremely slow but never failed till now. But If my other units go through it's fine.

uploads are slow because servers overload. most of times WUs uploads without any issue but sometimes it takes some time

22 minutes ago, Ghost.Hunterzz said:

Thats I think Aorus motherboard utility program. You need to download fusion for Aorus GPU... Let me see,

Here, get this RGB fusion from utility and try https://www.gigabyte.com/bd/Graphics-Card/GV-N108TAORUS-X-11GD/support#support-dl-utility

Normally Aorus RGB fusion was buggy when I used first time with my mobo.

20 minutes ago, walderston said:

Oh man Aorus engine gave me endless green screen bc it was apply at startup somehow. i have too boot to safemode to uninstall old. 

I'm having an odd behaviour when folding with both CPU and GPU. Running on GPU alone is fine, but if I run on my CPU (using only 6 threads of my 12 available) for any extended period of time I will randomly get a BSOD and have to restart my PC. Anyone know how I might fix this. Specs are as in my signature.

|| CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (@3.9GHz) || Motherboard: ASUS Prime B350 Plus || Cooler: Arctic Freezer 33 eSports Edition || GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 SC || Memory: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB C16 (@2933MHz) || SSD: SanDisk 128GB || HDD: WD Blue 2TB, Toshiba 2TB, Transcend 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM550x || Case: Fractal Design Focus G || Monitor: 2x AOC 23” I2369VM IPS Full HD, Samsung 32" LED TV Monitor || Mouse: Logitech G703 Wireless || Keyboard: Cooler Master MK750 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) || Speakers: Dell Stereo Speakers || Headphones: Sennheiser HD 4.40 BT / Samsung Galaxy Buds ||

The stats seem to be really struggling at the moment!

Do we have any info as to what is causing all the 0s on EOC?  Is it a problem with the F@H batch files or a problem on the EOC side?

8 minutes ago, Inversion said:

I'm having an odd behaviour when folding with both CPU and GPU. Running on GPU alone is fine, but if I run on my CPU (using only 6 threads of my 12 available) for any extended period of time I will randomly get a BSOD and have to restart my PC. Anyone know how I might fix this. Specs are as in my signature.

download BSOD viewer and it'll tell you whats causing the crash.

https://bluescreenview.en.softonic.com/

Guys... Do you even know how many notifications I came back to? 

I had to deal with a..... issue.... 

Anyway I see leadeater didn't post the stats after he made the correction, currently the googlesheet is not playing ball so I'm just trying to fox that atm then will post the ranks asap 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Just now, GOTSpectrum said:

Anyway I see leadeater didn't post the stats after he made the correction, currently the googlesheet is not playing ball so I'm just trying to fox that atm then will post the ranks asap 

Hope all is well, dude! 

1 minute ago, GOTSpectrum said:

All in good time. Thanks for your commitment! :D

Just now, Talking Waterfall said:

All in good time. Thanks for your commitment! :D

Much appreciated, 

I always love it when google sheets breaks something that has worked fine for the last 6 days though! Honestly... /s

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 minute ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Much appreciated, 

I always love it when google sheets breaks something that has worked fine for the last 6 days though! Honestly... /s

Isn't that the charm of it though? ;)

But I know the feeling. Just gotta find that one little thing that is often the cause :/ 

8 minutes ago, J1mjam said:

Do we have any info as to what is causing all the 0s on EOC?  Is it a problem with the F@H batch files or a problem on the EOC side?

Think it is F@H as I have a long list over the last 7 hours which are yet to be credited. 

(checked at https://apps.foldingathome.org/wu)

Aorus X570 Xtreme | Ryzen 3900X | Aorus RTX 2080 Ti Xtreme  | G.Skill Trident Z 64GB 3200 MHz  CL14

3 minutes ago, walderston said:

Think it is F@H as I have a long list over the last 7 hours which are yet to be credited. 

Are so are run, clone and gen unique, as in, only one user processes them?  Ill grab some of the PRCG codes from my logs and see.  

Apparently this issues has been going on for the last few days and it just hasn't caused any major issues yet, I'm expecting the fix to change the rankings. Just glad we picked up on it now rather than right at the end! 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

14 minutes ago, J1mjam said:

7 minutes ago, walderston said:

for me 6pm and 9pm on 04.02; then 6am and 9am today 04.03 is 0 points. Whats wrong with these 69 clocks?

2.JPG

1 minute ago, Ghost.Hunterzz said:

for me 6pm and 9pm on 04.02; then 6am and 9am today 04.03 is 0 points. Whats wrong with these 69 clocks?

2.JPG

Yea, I'm seeing similar, but I did get something for 6pm.  
image.png.4fb60798ff3850850d98bf12eb181f02.png