LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

1 hour ago, Thaltrad said:

FoldingAtHome-wus-certificate-72816612(3).jpg.fd449875509c776d4e82b1e5013dfb91.jpg

woot woot~

Were is mine darn it.

I like recognition as well

Main Rig -- AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | Asus Tuf Gaming X570-plus (Wifi) | 4 x 8gb DDR4 G Skill Trident Z 3600Mhz | Nvidia 2060 Super | Thermaltake Lvl 20 HT | Firecuda 520 500 gb m.2 | Thermaltake 1050 Platinum | Dual Asus VG279Q Monitors

1 minute ago, snorlaxgangs said:

Well, it's hard to ask the right question since i don't know much abt mix gpu.

For example, i can't use gigabyte rgb fusion or AORUS ENGINE. RGB didn't detect 1080ti. Aorus engine gave me green screen(blue screen).  

I already use the latest msi afterbuner, just wondering why it doesn't show 1080ti as 1080ti.

When i run heaven benchmark, only 1080Ti load, 980Ti is idling. Is it normal? 

Ok, so in order for you to be able to use both GPUs at the same time, you need to use them in SLI. But AFAIK this is not possible (for Nvidia) unless they are the same card. The game also needs to support SLI. SLI is not very common anymore, although there are some newer developments, but again this doesn't really apply to you because you have two different cards.

I don't know about the AORUS Engine, as I don't use it. Have you tried reinstalling it? If not, maybe your card is not seated 100% perfectly, so I would try to reseat the card next. If the problem still persists, maybe write a support ticket to Gigabyte, they can probably help you out there.

1 minute ago, Jeremiah.Schorn said:

Were is mine darn it.

check your stats page and click on the work units number

10 minutes ago, Tomatodude95 said:

Yes, 140.163.231 and 140.163.4.241 both don't have a collection server at the moment, that's why uploads are failing.

You can see this here: https://apps.foldingathome.org/serverstats

I have the same problem with 140.163.241 for one of my WUs. But mine only gets the message after about 95% upload.

Thanks!

Catching up on the pages of posts this morning I'm kinda laughing....

EOC stats get delayed due to either the RAW data not being available, their server processing having errors or whatever.  They will show a 0 for that run, and do a roll up correction later, it's fine.   

EOC stats are not F@H live stats, they are delayed batched stats and a 3rd party site / service, so it's fine when its 0 and delayed, and your points are fine regardless what they are showing, the LTT team event stats are pulled from the raw file provided by F@H.

Reporting here that you are having problems with specific work servers, dropped WUs, submission problems, delayed stats reporting of your scores as you have interpreted them in your local client logs etc... that's all stuff that's Folding@Home server related, no one here can do anything about that, you need to let it go and just move on to the next WU.

Remember that the people working at Folding@Home are trying to get the WU's up which are science data, so they can have you process it and they can use it for research.  The points are gameification for fun, they don't matter, which is why we fold for Science & Glory!   

It's also why most LTT events prizes are awarded via random draws at the end of the event.

We have no power here other than to do what we can to help beat Covid... and the points don't matter.

Hardware & Programming Enthusiast - Creator of LAR_Systems "Folding@Home in the Dark" browser extension and GPU / CPU PPD Database. 

27 minutes ago, Jeremiah.Schorn said:

Were is mine darn it.

EDIT: nvm... you got your certificate already 😁

🇫🇮 Regular ol folder´s Stats... What Event 🤪                            

Main PC: 8700K & MSI 2080Ti Seahawk

Utility PC: Threadripper 1920x & MSI 2080 Seahawk

Dedicated to the Fold: i7 2600K & MSI 1080Ti OC Armor

...good to be back to folding...   🇫🇮

9 minutes ago, LAR_Systems said:

Catching up on the pages of posts this morning I'm kinda laughing....

EOC stats get delayed due to either the RAW data not being available, their server processing having errors or whatever.  They will show a 0 for that run, and do a roll up correction later, it's fine.   

EOC stats are not F@H live stats, they are delayed batched stats and a 3rd party site / service, so it's fine when its 0 and delayed, and your points are fine regardless what they are showing, the LTT team event stats are pulled from the raw file provided by F@H.

Reporting here that you are having problems with specific work servers, dropped WUs, submission problems, delayed stats reporting of your scores as you have interpreted them in your local client logs etc... that's all stuff that's Folding@Home server related, no one here can do anything about that, you need to let it go and just move on to the next WU.

Remember that the people working at Folding@Home are trying to get the WU's up which are science data, so they can have you process it and they can use it for research.  The points are gameification for fun, they don't matter, which is why we fold for Science & Glory!   

It's also why most LTT events prizes are awarded via random draws at the end of the event.

We have no power here other than to do what we can to help beat Covid... and the points don't matter.

Meme Maker - POINTS DON'T MATTER

12 minutes ago, Tomatodude95 said:

Ok, so in order for you to be able to use both GPUs at the same time, you need to use them in SLI. But AFAIK this is not possible (for Nvidia) unless they are the same card. The game also needs to support SLI. SLI is not very common anymore, although there are some newer developments, but again this doesn't really apply to you because you have two different cards.

I don't know about the AORUS Engine, as I don't use it. Have you tried reinstalling it? If not, maybe your card is not seated 100% perfectly, so I would try to reseat the card next. If the problem still persists, maybe write a support ticket to Gigabyte, they can probably help you out there.

16 minutes ago, Ghost.Hunterzz said:

You aren't expecting SLI with two different nvidia model, right? Your MSI after burner is showing your 1080ti tho in your picture. Its selected in picture and then from right pop up you can select your 980ti

I see. I didn't know abt the whole sli thing. About the gigabyte software, i was trying to turn off the rgb, probably download the wrong software. Thank you. 

1 minute ago, snorlaxgangs said:

I see. I didn't know abt the whole sli thing. About the gigabyte software, i was trying to turn off the rgb, probably download the wrong software. Thank you. 

You need to download RGB fusion to control the rgb on gigabyte hardware 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.4d312dfe788d63f60b917cea68b4b847.png

Aorus X570 Xtreme | Ryzen 3900X | Aorus RTX 2080 Ti Xtreme  | G.Skill Trident Z 64GB 3200 MHz  CL14

BTW: I see allskindsofscreenshots taken... google Greenshot... it is very handy, recommend it... 

6 minutes ago, walderston said:

You need to download RGB fusion to control the rgb on gigabyte hardware 

Yeah i did but it shows blank window

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.4d312dfe788d63f60b917cea68b4b847.png

rgbfusion.jpg

1 minute ago, LU0P10 said:

BTW: I see allskindsofscreenshots taken... google Greenshot... it is very handy, recommend it... 

any reason to use it over the already built in snipping tool, now called snip and stich? assuming you're on windows. 

I've got a beefy WU on my GPU. 136k base credit currently. Will probably still be above 100k by the time I finish it in about 3 hours. CPU is also a big boi at 14k, my usual cpu WU is 2k for 12 hours of work

1 minute ago, SCSI15 said:

any reason to use it over the already built in snipping tool, now called snip and stich? assuming you're on windows. 

Haven´t used snip and stich, I assume it´s same as snipping tool? Greenshot has some neat features in it..

Just now, LU0P10 said:

Haven´t used snip and stich, I assume it´s same as snipping tool? Greenshot has some neat features in it..

its the newer version of snipping tool microsoft is replacing snipping tool with.  I'll have to check out greenshot.

2 minutes ago, snorlaxgangs said:

rgbfusion.jpg

Thats I think Aorus motherboard utility program. You need to download fusion for Aorus GPU... Let me see,

Here, get this RGB fusion from utility and try https://www.gigabyte.com/bd/Graphics-Card/GV-N108TAORUS-X-11GD/support#support-dl-utility

Normally Aorus RGB fusion was buggy when I used first time with my mobo.

I have a WU that just does't get uploaded... Never happened to me. It's at 12 attempts now... Is there a way I can save it?

Spoiler

image.png.37c3a8ceab69453683e34d0523263e28.png

image.thumb.png.ae4d7187755dff09e20ee268ac390029.png

The german at the end basically says connection timeout

Good news. Negotiation with "She who must be obeyed" took a little longer than anticipated but after some concessions, bribes that were taken and a bit of groveling, I finally got the budget approved and the funds allocated. Orders were very quickly placed ( before she could change her mind ) and I should soon have 2 x RTX 2060 and 12 cores of R7 2700X to throw into the fight. I hope by Sunday afternoon.

The main Parts list

8 minutes ago, SCSI15 said:

I'll have to check out greenshot.

You can open a screenshot straight in the Greenshot for some simple editing... the very simple feature "add counter" is to me very handy whenever I need to make a guide with many steps... and fast  (just for example)

2 minutes ago, marknd59 said:

Good news. Negotiation with "She who must be obeyed" took a little longer than anticipated but after some concessions, bribes that were taken and a bit of groveling, I finally got the budget approved and the funds allocated. Orders were very quickly placed ( before she could change her mind ) and I should soon have 2 x RTX 2060 and 12 cores of R7 2700X to throw into the fight. I hope by Sunday afternoon.

The main Parts list

Awesome!

How do you get 12 cores tho... 2700X is 8 core

Inari - Ryzen 9 3900X, Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master, 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB DDR4-3400, eVGA RTX 3080 FTW3, Corsair Crystal 680X, 2x Corsair MP510 960gb SSD, 1x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD, 2x Toshiba 5TB HDDs, Acer Predator X27, Lots of Sony camera equipment

Asus RoG Zephyrus G15 5900HS/3070/QHD On Order

Just now, avgbits said:

I have a WU that just does't get uploaded... Never happened to me. It's at 12 attempts now... Is there a way I can save it?

Hide contents

image.png.37c3a8ceab69453683e34d0523263e28.png

image.thumb.png.ae4d7187755dff09e20ee268ac390029.png

The german at the end basically says connection timeout

It will eventually get uploaded (but you WILL get point reduction), from my experience nothing you can do with it... watch the countdown, stare at the log, cross your finger.... or you can use different VPN just hope there is error in your side...

Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish. Stay Folding. Stay at home!