LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

Have I missed the post, or have we not got a Day 7 update? I suppose @GOTSpectrum needs to sleep at some point :D

14 minutes ago, ItchyItch said:

Have I missed the post, or have we not got a Day 7 update? I suppose @GOTSpectrum needs to sleep at some point :D

FYI

9 minutes ago, ItchyItch said:

Just chill, it will be here when he has time :)

Anyone else basically getting no WU's? At first it was crashing WU's, that solved now its actually getting any... 

As I have seen others gettting consistent steady stream of WU's/

image.png.b7d5315fcd43ea26e877623a963d05e3.png

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

Is anyone having issues with WU being completed but your points don't increase?

9 minutes ago, Lavonthomon said:

FYI

Ok, that would explain why I haven't seen it pinned at the top of the page yet :)

12 minutes ago, Stormseeker9 said:

Anyone else basically getting no WU's? At first it was crashing WU's, that solved now its actually getting any... 

As I have seen others gettting consistent steady stream of WU's/

image.png.b7d5315fcd43ea26e877623a963d05e3.png

Does everyone have 0 points for 04.02, 9pm? The reason I ask is that I am seeing a trend in the last few screenshots people have been posting. I have the same. 

image.png.a446f1da059070059cd50f2911db6f93.png

1 minute ago, ItchyItch said:

Does everyone have 0 points for 04.02, 9pm? The reason I ask is that I am seeing a trend in the last few screenshots people have been posting

My trend is nog getting WU's!

See you in brissy mate, used to live out there for 3 years man! Lovely town it is. Miss the Story Bridge hotel 🤪

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

14 minutes ago, Stormseeker9 said:

My trend is nog getting WU's!

See you in brissy mate, used to live out there for 3 years man! Lovely town it is. Miss the Story Bridge hotel 🤪

I have been to the Story Bridge Hotel a fair few times... Also don't remember leaving there too a fair few times as well :P They have the cockroach races on Australia Day.  Glad to see you liked the town. People think it is a bit quiet... :)

8 minutes ago, ItchyItch said:

Does everyone have 0 points for 04.02, 9pm?

Yup. Caught up right in the next one though. Seems there's a 0 every day...

image.png.f40e3eda85ead05db2869a264dd9c806.png

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Im getting a lot of work units suddenly @.@ its amazing

Inari - Ryzen 9 3900X, Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master, 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB DDR4-3400, eVGA RTX 3080 FTW3, Corsair Crystal 680X, 2x Corsair MP510 960gb SSD, 1x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD, 2x Toshiba 5TB HDDs, Acer Predator X27, Lots of Sony camera equipment

Asus RoG Zephyrus G15 5900HS/3070/QHD On Order

So I disabled Windows 10 defender and real time protection, this seems to have cured the 'core package' errors, but I'm still getting endless 997 errors. These are on Threadripper machines, any Ryzen users experienced similiar issues?

08:31:19:ERROR:Receive error: 997: Overlapped I/O operation is in progress.

15 minutes ago, damnfinecoffee said:

So I disabled Windows 10 defender and real time protection, this seems to have cured the 'core package' errors, but I'm still getting endless 997 errors. These are on Threadripper machines, any Ryzen users experienced similiar issues?

i have no issue with Ryzen. 

2 minutes ago, efka112 said:

i have no issue with Ryzen. 

It has to be our hardware firewall, I just have no idea what I need to allow/configure

4 minutes ago, damnfinecoffee said:

Ok, scrap that, back to the usual errors.. I give up.

so looks you have issue with your GPU (core 22)

1 minute ago, efka112 said:

so looks you have issue with your GPU (core 22)

No CPU or GPU activity at all..

08:56:56:ERROR:WU01:FS01:Exception: Failed reading core package header.
08:56:56:WU00:FS00:Downloading core from http://cores.foldingathome.org/v7/win/64bit/avx/Core_a7.fah
08:56:56:WU00:FS00:Connecting to cores.foldingathome.org:80
08:56:56:ERROR:WU00:FS00:Exception: Failed reading core package header.

1 minute ago, damnfinecoffee said:

No CPU or GPU activity at all..

you installed F@H in default location or custom?

Just now, efka112 said:

you installed F@H in default location or custom?

All default. Clean install, fresh Win 10 install.

Same issue on Ryzen and Xeon machines. BUT.. my work machine that I have at home outside of work's network.. absolutely fine.

The only difference is that there is a hardware firewall at the office. It's a Kerio Control box, I have access to it, but I'm by no means an expert.

Strangely I can ping that URL and download those .fah files manually no problem. And as far as I know it's just 8080/80 traffic..

3 minutes ago, Agent-Zero said:

Anyone else spotted this yet?

image.thumb.png.fcd10ec61d3d853847f4b2328f5a3567.png

Yeah, like 100 pages back :P

And various ppl have reported they've actually received WUs from the LTT server. I'm still awaiting the video Linus promised over a week ago on this subject. :annoyed-fingertapping:

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision"

(Faithless, 'Reverence' from the 1996 Reverence album)

1 minute ago, damnfinecoffee said:

All default. Clean install, fresh Win 10 install.

Same issue on Ryzen and Xeon machines. BUT.. my work machine that I have at home outside of work's network.. absolutely fine.

The only difference is that there is a hardware firewall at the office. It's a Kerio Control box, I have access to it, but I'm by no means an expert.

Strangely I can ping that URL and download those .fah files manually no problem. And as far as I know it's just 8080/80 traffic..

Try white-listing the F@H server IP addresses in the FW?

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision"

(Faithless, 'Reverence' from the 1996 Reverence album)