LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

Finally caught up with all the posts! I got my old (relatively) gaming laptop with an i7-6700HQ and 970M up and folding. The SB2 is staying off because I don't want to subject the passively cooled CPU to this. I'm glad I took the time to get a very stable 5.0 OC on my 9900K. Is there an easy way to measure how much power my system is drawing without a UPC? 

Mini-ITX Desktop: i9-9900K@5GHz, 32GB TridentZ RGB 3200MHz, Asus Strix Z390-i, EVGA 3090 Hybrid FTW3, Samsung 970 EVO+ NVMe 1TB, Lian Li O11 Air Mini White

Plex/Minecraft Server: Dell PowerEdge T320, Xeon E5-2470 v2, 48GB RAM, 19.25TB storage, RTX A2000 6GB

Tablet: iPad Pro 11” M1

@ChuckNorrisI just sent a CPU WU in no problem. Do you have another connection you could use (Maybe a mobile hotspot)? I had luck yesterday switching connections, though for me there is a speed increase going to mobile hotspot.

If not a different connection, maybe make sure windows firewall is allowing F@H through. Otherwise, restart your F@H software and see if that fixes it.

1 minute ago, Xaiux said:

Finally caught up with all the posts! I got my old (relatively) gaming laptop with an i7-6700HQ and 970M up and folding. The SB2 is staying off because I don't want to subject the passively cooled CPU to this. I'm glad I took the time to get a very stable 5.0 OC on my 9900K. Is there an easy way to measure how much power my system is drawing without a UPC? 

A Kill-a-Watt is a much cheaper alternative to using a UPC, though it doesn't come with the added surge protection benefits or power outage protection.

4 minutes ago, LordKitsune said:

@ChuckNorrisI just sent a CPU WU in no problem. Do you have another connection you could use (Maybe a mobile hotspot)? I had luck yesterday switching connections, though for me there is a speed increase going to mobile hotspot.

If not a different connection, maybe make sure windows firewall is allowing F@H through. Otherwise, restart your F@H software and see if that fixes it.

A Kill-a-Watt is a much cheaper alternative to using a UPC, though it doesn't come with the added surge protection benefits or power outage protection.

The thing is my CPU workload went through perfectly fine as well. Just the GPU workload is still sitting on my pc...

In 4 minutes my next GPU workload is ready. Maybe I have luck that time.

2 minutes ago, ChuckNorris said:

The thing is my CPU workload went through perfectly fine as well. Just the GPU workload is still sitting on my pc...

In 4 minutes my next GPU workload is ready. Maybe I have luck that time.

I'll be honest, I'm not the best to ask. I'm new to folding myself. My GPU WU will be done in about an hour and a half., if I have issues uploading I'll let you know. 
@GOTSpectrum or @Metallus97 Would likely have much more information for ya! :D

CPU is having issues downloading it's next WU. 

Also, keep in mind that F@H has been getting a massive influx of contributors, so both uploads and downloads have been delayed here recently. Just be patient, and if you want to try ways of speeding it up, try not to spam their servers as this creates more of a workload on their already stressed systems which in turn slows the process down more. 

Let their end sort through the mountain of requests they have, we'll all get served our WU's and have our work collected in good time.

1 minute ago, LordKitsune said:

I'll be honest, I'm not the best to ask. I'm new to folding myself. My GPU WU will be done in about an hour and a half., if I have issues uploading I'll let you know. 
@GOTSpectrum or @Metallus97 Would likely have much more information for ya! :D

CPU is having issues downloading it's next WU. 

Also, keep in mind that F@H has been getting a massive influx of contributors, so both uploads and downloads have been delayed here recently. Just be patient, and if you want to try ways of speeding it up, try not to spam their servers as this creates more of a workload on their already stressed systems which in turn slows the process down more. 

Let their end sort through the mountain of requests they have, we'll all get served our WU's and have our work collected in good time.

Thanks for your answer.

I just finished my second GPU workload and it uploaded instantly while my first is still sitting on my PC.
I guess it's just a bug...

2 minutes ago, LordKitsune said:

-snip

The folding at home servers are experiencing massive unprecedented load and as such are struggling to both send and receive WUs. The WU will get uploaded eventually you just need to relax and let it do it's thing.

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

I just uploaded a CPU WU no problem. I didn't get a new one tho

MOTHERBOARD: ASRock H97 Pro4 CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 @3.30 Ghz Intel Xeon E3-1271v3 @4.00 Ghz RAM: 32Gb (4x8Gb) Kingstone HyperX Fury DDR3@1600 Mhz (9-9-9-27)

GPU: MSI 390 8Gb Gaming Edition PSU: XFX TS 650w Bronze Enermax Revolution D.F. 650w 80+ Gold MOUSE: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum KEYBOARD: Monokey Standard Suave Blue

STORAGE: SSD Samsung EVO 850 250Gb // HDD WD Green 1Tb // HDD WD Blue 4Tb // HDD WD Blue 160Gb CASE: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed OS: Windows 11 Pro x64 Bit

MONITORS: Samsung CFG7 C24FG7xFQ @144hz // Samsung SyncMaster TA350 LT23A350 @60hz Samsung Odyssey G7 COOLER: Noctua NH-D15

Just now, Parideboy said:

I just uploaded a CPU WU no problem. I didn't get a new one tho

WUs are being released as soon as they are ready. They are created in groups or batches and as such get sent out in drips and drabs. 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Just now, GOTSpectrum said:

WUs are being released as soon as they are ready. They are created in groups or batches and as such get sent out in drips and drabs. 

And we suck them up immediately

1 minute ago, LordKitsune said:

And we suck them up immediately

Exactly, so we just need to leave it running and let it do it's thing.

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

I got assigned to project 14310 which I believe is unrelated, 5 day work estimate. Possible to change or not?

9 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Yes, I'm aware. I was just reporting. Just out of curiosity, do you think the geographic location might have something to do with it?

6 minutes ago, Idontkno23 said:

I got assigned to project 14310 which I believe is unrelated, 5 day work estimate. Possible to change or not

Not that I'm aware of. Plus it's still medical research, so why not?

MOTHERBOARD: ASRock H97 Pro4 CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 @3.30 Ghz Intel Xeon E3-1271v3 @4.00 Ghz RAM: 32Gb (4x8Gb) Kingstone HyperX Fury DDR3@1600 Mhz (9-9-9-27)

GPU: MSI 390 8Gb Gaming Edition PSU: XFX TS 650w Bronze Enermax Revolution D.F. 650w 80+ Gold MOUSE: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum KEYBOARD: Monokey Standard Suave Blue

STORAGE: SSD Samsung EVO 850 250Gb // HDD WD Green 1Tb // HDD WD Blue 4Tb // HDD WD Blue 160Gb CASE: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed OS: Windows 11 Pro x64 Bit

MONITORS: Samsung CFG7 C24FG7xFQ @144hz // Samsung SyncMaster TA350 LT23A350 @60hz Samsung Odyssey G7 COOLER: Noctua NH-D15

Just now, Parideboy said:

Yes, I'm aware. I was just reporting. Just out of curiosity, do you think the geographic location might have something to do with it?

I think its luck of the draw more so. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

3 minutes ago, Idontkno23 said:

I got assigned to project 14310 which I believe is unrelated, 5 day work estimate. Possible to change or not?

Go into web viewer and click on the number beside project. It will give you information on what the project is about. Honestly, it'd be better to just let it run, you'll just be re-entering the over-saturated WU request queue and end up waiting for a considerable amount of time.

Just now, LordKitsune said:

Go into web viewer and click on the number beside project. It will give you information on what the project is about. Honestly, it'd be better to just let it run, you'll just be re-entering the over-saturated WU request queue and end up waiting for a considerable amount of time.

Yes completely unrelated

image.png.a39074a0d243d9a4cd38e72342756f85.png

17 minutes ago, ChuckNorris said:

I just finished my second GPU workload and it uploaded instantly while my first is still sitting on my PC.

Did you restart the program yet? (notification are, right click and exit on the fah icon, exiting the client won't stop the backend)

1 hour ago, RestlessRancor said:

Oh, I did have a question, am I able to use the same passkey on multiple devices?

Yes, passkey is tied to your name. So use the same name and passkey and everything will be combined.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

how do you access advanced view?

I live in misery USA. my timezone is central daylight time which is either UTC -5 or -4 because the government hates everyone.

into trains? here's the model railroad thread!

9 minutes ago, Idontkno23 said:

Don't look at the ETA too much at the beginning, it's usually very wrong.

I often get those "5 days" initially and then it falls down to 2-6 hours.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Just now, The King of the Undead said:

If ur on windows go to the hidden icons arrow by the time. Right click the F@H icon and it should give an option to open advanced view. 

Just now, The King of the Undead said:

type fahcontrol into start menu or right click on the folding icon on the right of the taskbar.

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

6 minutes ago, Parideboy said:

I don't think, IPs for the work servers that you could be assigned to are the same for everyone

Can someone explain why F@H doesnt use Intel HD graphics GPU to fold? does it do the same for AMD CPU/GPU?

The description for the GPU WU I got was strange. Not sure if it is a typo or they are porting CPU Tasks to GPU.

FaH.PNG.4dff015ac88e1f503efc8bf8947e2f43.PNG

I finished a gpu work unit about 20 minutes ago, but I can't tell if the work was accepted. Does it normally take a long time to get credited for points? I realize the servers are overloaded and there's more people than work currently, I just want to see if there's any way to tell if my work was accepted.

Scratch that! Work got accepted and points credited. Sorry for the annoying question :(

Edited by kingfoot

21 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

Don't look at the ETA too much at the beginning, it's usually very wrong.

I often get those "5 days" initially and then it falls down to 2-6 hours.

Yup it went down to 14 hours