LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

Yes, OPENMM_22, OPENMM_21 are GPU and GRO_A7 are made for CPU

when does this event end?

I live in misery USA. my timezone is central daylight time which is either UTC -5 or -4 because the government hates everyone.

into trains? here's the model railroad thread!

6 minutes ago, The King of the Undead said:

image.png.ca42485dfa4146e491633065d7367c78.png

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

6 minutes ago, The King of the Undead said:

First post covers that.

4 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

image.png.ca42485dfa4146e491633065d7367c78.png

4 minutes ago, justpoet said:

First post covers that.

sorry. I read through it I just missed it.

I live in misery USA. my timezone is central daylight time which is either UTC -5 or -4 because the government hates everyone.

"15:24:17:ERROR:Receive error: 10053: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine."

I am getting this error a lot.....am I doing something wrong?

27 minutes ago, garydeppenbaugh said:

"15:24:17:ERROR:Receive error: 10053: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine."

I am getting this error a lot.....am I doing something wrong?

I've only seen this in my log when trying to use the viewer. The only thing that loads in the viewer is the demo. Folding should still run with that error.

I haven't had a WU since 5pm yesterday which finished at about 11, the pc was on until this morning and still did not get a WU all morning. I restarted the PC and still nothing...

Screen_Shot_2020-03-16_at_12_01.42_PM.png

Finally got my key... sadly the 100k I had put in doesn't port over but no fear...  The fold continues!

Couldn't get my 2nd GPU to work last night. It detected, but couldn't get clocks to go over 200mhz. Issue seems to be more of the PCIE slot (likely just don't have enough CPU to support both a 1650 super and a GT 1030) because just the 1030 works. Oh well, probably just missing out on a couple thousand points anyways.

Passkeys are what allow for massive amounts of points. My EPD is close to 400k whereas last night before I had a passkey it wouldn't go over 100k (16k for a GPU completion w/o passkey).

1 minute ago, LordKitsune said:

Finally got my key... sadly the 100k I had put in doesn't port over but no fear...  The fold continues!

Couldn't get my 2nd GPU to work last night. It detected, but couldn't get clocks to go over 200mhz. Issue seems to be more of the PCIE slot (likely just don't have enough CPU to support both a 1650 super and a GT 1030) because just the 1030 works. Oh well, probably just missing out on a couple thousand points anyways.

Passkeys are what allow for massive amounts of points. My EPD is close to 300k whereas last night before I had a passkey it wouldn't go over 100k.

I've not even gotten a passkey or any work.

5 minutes ago, garydeppenbaugh said:

I've not even gotten a passkey or any work.

Passkeys are taking a while. I requested mine around 10PM the night before last and received it 8:30 this morning (little over 30 hours). I've not had much of an issue getting WUs except for my CPU, and that seems to be getting better. 

How long has your client been running without work? It should automatically pick up work from the server as work becomes available, but sometimes it can bug out and a reset of your software should fix it. Open your task manager (ctrl+shft+esc), scroll down until you find FAHClient, end the process, and reopen it. 

Hope this helps and hope the folds are quick for you!

you guys with OP machines need to leave some WU's for us plebs. :)

Hi all,

I'll be honest, I'm not 100% sure how the passkeys work, but I know they are important.

When I requested mine yesterday (for a gmail account) it didn't arrive, so I tried a different one (an old ntlworld account) - that didn't work either, but I then found the tweet that they were being treated as spam.

This morning I had an email in my ntlworld inbox, but not the gmail one - I know for a fact the gmail spam filters are far better, though it wasn't filtered as spam in the ntlworld account. I don't know if it would be recommended that you try a different email provider, but that is what worked for me.

Unfortunately I've only managed to run one WU today and since that completed it's been failing to connect / no WUs available, so I'm hoping they are able to get more loaded up today. In the meantime, I'm asking friends if they have old GPU's lying around I could make use of!

3 minutes ago, RestlessRancor said:

Hi all,

I'll be honest, I'm not 100% sure how the passkeys work, but I know they are important.

When I requested mine yesterday (for a gmail account) it didn't arrive, so I tried a different one (an old ntlworld account) - that didn't work either, but I then found the tweet that they were being treated as spam.

This morning I had an email in my ntlworld inbox, but not the gmail one - I know for a fact the gmail spam filters are far better, though it wasn't filtered as spam in the ntlworld account. I don't know if it would be recommended that you try a different email provider, but that is what worked for me.

Unfortunately I've only managed to run one WU today and since that completed it's been failing to connect / no WUs available, so I'm hoping they are able to get more loaded up today. In the meantime, I'm asking friends if they have old GPU's lying around I could make use of!

They don't even hit my spam folder.

2 minutes ago, RestlessRancor said:

Hi all,

Do you have the domain that the passkey emails are coming from?

It might help GMail users whitelist that domain and get the emails before the spam filter gets them

My Folding Stats

• CPU
    Ryzen 7 1700 3GHz 8-Core Processor @ 3.725Ghz
  • Motherboard
    GA-X470-AORUS-ULTRA-GAMING
  • RAM
    Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) @ 3200mhz
  • GPU
    Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB GAMING OC
  • Case
    Cooler Master HAF XM
  • Storage
    Western Digital SN750 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME, Seagate Barracuda 2 TB x2
  • PSU
    Cooler Master Silent Pro Hybrid 1050 W
  • Display(s)
    LG 43UD79-B : 43'' Class 4K UHD IPS LED
  • Cooling
    Corsair H75 2018 64 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

Spam is nothing you can do about, it's sender side, not recipient side.

When an organization suddenly sends unusually large amounts of emails and it gets them flagged their mails are just not relayed so they never even get near your provider.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

3 minutes ago, The King of the Undead said:

you guys with OP machines need to leave some WU's for us plebs. :)

BAHAHAHAH

My poor little:

CPU: FX-4350 (4.5Ghz (don't do this with stock cooler. You'll pin this CPU at TJmaxx if you don't have a jet engine blowing air over it like I did. That gave me min temps of 60C [120mm AIO will keep temps fine])

RAM: 16GB CL10 RAM (OC to about 2000Mhz (don't ask me, it wouldn't run stable at it's recommended OC of 1833 and has survived days of burn-in))

GPU: GTX 1650 SUPER (OC to 1950Mhz out of the box)

PSU: Thermaltake 750W 80+ Gold

Mainboard: MSI 970a-G43 (The jet engine that was directly over the CPU has been repositioned to directly pass air over the VRM's, haven't had any issues with heat on them even running overclocked :D)

4 minutes ago, SeanStoube said:

It might help GMail users whitelist that domain and get the emails before the spam filter gets them

@KilrahIt's a google side thing. Dude linked here described it perfectly. 

18 minutes ago, SeanStoube said:

Oh, that might help, but it's probably being filtered by Google before it gets to the inbox if that makes sense?

The email was from noreply @ foldingathome . org

1 minute ago, RestlessRancor said:

Oh, that might do something.

The email was from noreply @ foldingathome . org

Go ahead and try, but when I received mine (it was sent to a gmail account) it came in to the normal folder. Didn't have to go hunting through spam. The passkey was some 24 digits long or something like that. 

You'll know it when you see it, trust me :D

Just now, LordKitsune said:

Go ahead and try, but when I received mine (it was sent to a gmail account) it came in to the normal folder. Didn't have to go hunting through spam.

Yeah, I think it's probably being blocked before they attempt to deliver on Google's end. I think adding to a whitelist only effects how it's handled in the inbox, but I'm not an expert on that.

Oh, I did have a question, am I able to use the same passkey on multiple devices? If I get a 2nd computer up and running that is? Thanks

Just now, RestlessRancor said:

Yeah, I think it's probably being blocked before they attempt to deliver on Google's end. I think adding to a whitelist only effects how it's handled in the inbox, but I'm not an expert on that.

Oh, I did have a question, am I able to use the same passkey on multiple devices? If I get a 2nd computer up and running that is? Thanks

I believe so. I want to attempt to get my laptop back up and running, last time I used it I was trying to install android x86 on it and the screen just died. Everything was working a-ok, left for work and left it on charge. Came back and no screen. Actually no post. The Hard Drive in the pos wasn't even spinning up.

19 minutes ago, LordKitsune said:

I believe so. I want to attempt to get my laptop back up and running, last time I used it I was trying to install android x86 on it and the screen just died. Everything was working a-ok, left for work and left it on charge. Came back and no screen. Actually no post. The Hard Drive in the pos wasn't even spinning up.

That's frustrating!

I have a Dell XPS 15 laptop so once there are WUs available I'm going to give it a go on this laptop to see how it goes, but I'm home from university as my lessons have been cancelled, so have been making use of my old desktop for now. I'm planning on remote connecting to it when I (eventually) return to university to essentially have it running 24/7.

2 minutes ago, RestlessRancor said:

That's frustrating!

I have a Dell XPS 15 laptop so once there are WUs available I'm going to give it a go on this laptop to see how it goes, but I'm home from university as my lessons have been cancelled, so have been making use of my old desktop for now. I'm planning on remote connecting to it when I (eventually) return to university to essentially have it running 24/7.

This is the only pc I have and I'm leaving it going for this 24/7 currently. Not looking forward to that power bill.

Hey Guys,

I am new to folding and I seem to have a little problem.
I already finished a CPU WU, it uploaded and I got credited the points. Just an hour after that I finished my first GPU WU and since then (almost 3 hours from now) it is trying to send the results. In Advanced View, I can see that it already attempted to upload it 16 times since then. In the log I always see:

17:09:36:WU01:FS01:Trying to send results to collection server
17:09:36:WU01:FS01:Uploading 55.24MiB to 155.247.164.214
17:09:36:WU01:FS01:Connecting to 155.247.164.214:8080
17:09:36:ERROR:WU01:FS01:Exception: Transfer failed

Almost every 2-5 seconds the result is worth fewer points. Is this a problem on my side or are the servers simply to busy right now?

Thanks in advance.