LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

4 minutes ago, yaboistar said:

there is an automated system which looks at the number of dumped WU's and will actually disable your QRB if you're found to be doing it on a regular basis

They might have turned it off to save resources, but fair enough. I've only seen it once, and my scores haven't changed. I only do it when the wait time is in hours and another device recently got a task for the same component.

Since I work Mon-Fri with little time to play with f@h in such ways I'll only do it in extreme cases but I think restarting services will be a better option esp since one CPU progress (maybe 2 if I ever get my house server running) will be terminal based.

What we need is remote restart services inside the advance control panel.

Recently started Folding. Everything has been working fine since I started but now I don't get any projects or I get one and a long time until I get another one. Anyone know what the issue is? Or maybe point me to the right thread if this is a known issue?

Just now, BareFinn said:

Recently started Folding. Everything has been working fine since I started but now I don't get any projects or I get one and a long time until I get another one. Anyone know what the issue is? Or maybe point me to the right thread if this is a known issue?

A lot of people folding, limited projects available right now. Keep F@H on and a project will come to you.

My Folding Stats

• CPU
    Ryzen 7 1700 3GHz 8-Core Processor @ 3.725Ghz
  • Motherboard
    GA-X470-AORUS-ULTRA-GAMING
  • RAM
    Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) @ 3200mhz
  • GPU
    Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB GAMING OC
  • Case
    Cooler Master HAF XM
  • Storage
    Western Digital SN750 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME, Seagate Barracuda 2 TB x2
  • PSU
    Cooler Master Silent Pro Hybrid 1050 W
  • Display(s)
    LG 43UD79-B : 43'' Class 4K UHD IPS LED
  • Cooling
    Corsair H75 2018 64 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

I seem to be very rarely geting CPU work units; it just sits there attempting over and over with the time between attempts increasing. Is this normal? 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3900X

GPU: GTX 1070

pCy5bUk.png

This new waiting for GPU WU's thing sucks...mine has been "ready" for the past 12 hours and haven't gotten a single one yet😅

3 minutes ago, Onyx1640 said:

I seem to be very rarely geting CPU work units; it just sits there attempting over and over with the time between attempts increasing. Is this normal? 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3900X

GPU: GTX 1070

pCy5bUk.png

My last CPU project was ~10 hours ago. I believe that GPUs are generally prioritized because they can complete the project more efficiently than a CPU. There are however projects that can only be worked by CPUs. YMMV

My Folding Stats

• CPU
    Ryzen 7 1700 3GHz 8-Core Processor @ 3.725Ghz
  • Motherboard
    GA-X470-AORUS-ULTRA-GAMING
  • RAM
    Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) @ 3200mhz
  • GPU
    Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB GAMING OC
  • Case
    Cooler Master HAF XM
  • Storage
    Western Digital SN750 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME, Seagate Barracuda 2 TB x2
  • PSU
    Cooler Master Silent Pro Hybrid 1050 W
  • Display(s)
    LG 43UD79-B : 43'' Class 4K UHD IPS LED
  • Cooling
    Corsair H75 2018 64 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

9 minutes ago, SeanStoube said:

A lot of people folding, limited projects available right now. Keep F@H on and a project will come to you.

Thank you. I was hoping it was as simple that. It both means everything is OK with my setup and a lot of people are folding, helping a good cause.

7 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

This new waiting for GPU WU's thing sucks...mine has been "ready" for the past 12 hours and haven't gotten a single one yet😅

Ditto......

1 minute ago, garydeppenbaugh said:

Ditto......

Guess I'm just too used to the thing going 24/7 during past events when nobody cared about doing it.

Like I get that it's amazing that so many people are doing it now that there is a severe shortage of work but I want my points damn it😂

1 hour ago, yaboistar said:

if you get to the point where your wait for the next retry is over an hour then yeah, otherwise no

Yup, just came back to the PC seeing that next GPU retry was in 2 hours, restarted the client and got a GPU WU straight away.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Just scrolled through the last 24 pages of new posts.... WOW. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

12 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

Yup, just came back to the PC seeing that next GPU retry was in 2 hours, restarted the client and got a GPU WU straight away.

I did the same when I got up this morning. The check interval gets ridiculously long after a while; when I got up it had something like 4 hours before it would check again on both CPU and GPU. After I restarted the program I got a GPU unit almost immediately. 

https://i.gyazo.com/efd9b02025d8f06eeebc48719802ffcb.png

wow that's slow to download.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

I aml getting new WU for my GPU but not for my cpu. I get that non are available but was wondering why my gpu does get WUs, are they of a different kind?

Yes.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Just now, 42thgamer said:

I aml getting new WU for my GPU but not for my cpu. I get that non are available but was wondering why my gpu does get WUs, are they of a different kind?

CPU and GPU WU aren't the same, it seems like GPU batches are being released more often than CPU, thats why you may not get a WU immediately, just wait a bit

1 minute ago, Willy1992 said:

CPU and GPU WU aren't the same, it seems like GPU batches are being released more often than CPU, thats why you may not get a WU immediately, just wait a bit

Well more people fold with GPUs so it would make sense that they would prioritise that tbf

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 minute ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Well more people fold with GPUs so it would make sense that they would prioritise that tbf

Yeah, GPUs are more powerfull to. So they are different (gpu-WU vs cpu-WU)?

The No WU's available is hitting ITNOS's PPD hard :/ 

image.png.8939db40481e0139a3ca633bc44633cc.png

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Just now, 42thgamer said:

Yeah, GPUs are more powerfull to. So they are different (gpu-WU vs cpu-WU)?

Yes,

GPUs use core-21  and the newer core-22

CPUs run core-A7

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Just now, GOTSpectrum said:

Yes,

GPUs use core-21  and the newer core-22

CPUs run core-A7

Hmmm, I am not enough of a tech to understand that. Gonna ask my friend google ;)