LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

1 minute ago, Xsilent(X) said:

You can fold with Both nVidia and AMD GPU cards in same systems. Just make sure the latest driver you install is in the firsts top PCI-E 16X slot.

Ah - so, do I install the AMD drivers at all (i.e., might have the two cards fighting agaist each other) and let the OS handle it, or do I still install the latest drivers for the AMD card?

1 minute ago, Xsilent(X) said:

You can fold with Both nVidia and AMD GPU cards in same systems. Just make sure the latest driver you install is in the firsts top PCI-E 16X slot.

Hrm.  The only machine I have with free slots and enough PCIe power is my main one, and I don't really want to deal with idiosyncrasies of that on my gaming machine.

R5 3600, 5700 XT, AX370 K7...  and that's plenty for me.  If you ignore the masses of other parts I occasionally put together and laugh about.

1 hour ago, GOTSpectrum said:

My 2070 is over 90C.... 

so your better off asking someone else 

Are you using that gpu inside a sealed off oven? 90C for a 2070 is hot af. Mine folds at 55-60, depending on the WU, overclocked.

3 minutes ago, WaldorfMan said:

Ah - so, do I install the AMD drivers at all (i.e., might have the two cards fighting agaist each other) and let the OS handle it, or do I still install the latest drivers for the AMD card?

Yes need to install the AMD driver to get the slot to fold, just make sure the driver of the card from nVidia or AMD you install in the top slot.

1 minute ago, hydrochloric said:

Hrm.  The only machine I have with free slots and enough PCIe power is my main one, and I don't really want to deal with idiosyncrasies of that on my gaming machine.

Nah should be just fine GPU Drivers are independent and have other file and map structures.  

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

2 minutes ago, ShortRouter said:

Max temp of 89 °C. You are literally cooking it alive.

It's usually power limited. Planning to reshuffle my cards when this is all open swing as I have a free x16 in my gaming rig these days

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 hour ago, GOTSpectrum said:

My 2070 is over 90C.... 

so your better off asking someone else 

Yeeowchies. Thats gonna fry it :( I mean I know it was a good deal but ouch

Inari - Ryzen 9 3900X, Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master, 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB DDR4-3400, eVGA RTX 3080 FTW3, Corsair Crystal 680X, 2x Corsair MP510 960gb SSD, 1x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD, 2x Toshiba 5TB HDDs, Acer Predator X27, Lots of Sony camera equipment

Asus RoG Zephyrus G15 5900HS/3070/QHD On Order

1 minute ago, GOTSpectrum said:

It's usually power limited. Planning to reshuffle my cards when this is all open swing as I have a free x16 in my gaming rig these days

no, at this temp it certainly runs into the temp limit. Max allowed is 89 °C.

1 minute ago, ShortRouter said:

no, at this temp it certainly runs into the temp limit. Max allowed is 89 °C.

It produces more folds this way. Trust me I look at the stats enough. 

But, tbf I have taken the side panel off, I hate the case but it was only one I could afford to take the EATX board and have the 9 expansion slots I required. 

I'm currently trying to work out how to take the tempered glad from the front that's glued on off. 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

7 minutes ago, Gorgon said:

Once you have HfM running for a while just search by slot name in the Work Unit History Viewer, export to CSV, open in Sheets or Excel and away you go.

Haven't seen 1.4MPPD on Windows for the 5700s yet

Huhderp, that's such a simple solution why did I not think of it lol.  Must be the heat at my desk, thanks.

So the average for all my (recorded) 5700XT WUs is 1,118,372, but the max is 1,307,799!  This is a stock PowerColor dual-fan unit too, no OC.

R5 3600, 5700 XT, AX370 K7...  and that's plenty for me.  If you ignore the masses of other parts I occasionally put together and laugh about.

I'm sure someone can tell me pretty quickly, but what time (UK time) does the EOC site update?

Its every 3 hours from Central, but then goes on to say GMT -6.   Central time (CT) right now is 6 hours behind UK time (BST) right now. However, GMT-6 would be 1 hour earlier..

Is the us currently in Daylight savings, and therefore it is actually CDT right now?

I hate times.

So the XPS 8500 with my R7 350 gave thanks to the smoke gods when I turned it on rip I have moved the video card over to a different board on a cheap piece of shit I have it works so luckily did not find the card  So I pulled another system out of mouth balls when I was planning on going out but I wasn’t sure what case to put it in. I have one full-size ATX case that has both side panels. Say hello to the XPS studio 435t conversion 

comes complete with a decade old XFX 650 XXX edition power supply

A heatsink I pulled off of AM1 motherboard
A gigabyte X470 ultra gaming

A Ryzen R5-2600

16 GB of dominator 3000 RGB ram

A 256 GB NVME SSD

Noctua 120 mm intake fan 
and an invisible 92 mm exhaust fan. (Trying to find a visible one invisible ones suck. 
A Radeon R7 350x

And An OPGA11 Dell video card. 

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpg.083fcedc4f7bef35b97b5f3dc4a52543.jpg

My EOC F@H stats | My F@H Stats | My Real time F@H Production | My Boinc Stats

My team in point Generation order:

- Bender: Corsair CARBIDE 600C | Win 11 Pro | AMD Ryzen 2600 | 32GB DDR4-3200MHz Crucial CL22 4x8GB | Noctua NH-U14H | 1TB Toshiba SSD | EVGA XC3 Ultra 3070LHR 8GB Metal BackPlate | EVGA FTW 3070FHR 8GB Metal BackPlate | Gigabyte X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING | Seasonic FOCUS Plus 1000 Gold SSR-1000FX | 55" Samsung 120Hz 3D TV

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Scooty-Puff: Alienware M15R5 | Win 11 Pro | AMD R7-5800H | 64GB DDR4-3200 | PC711 & WD SN750 SE 1TB | 3070M | 240 Watt ACadapter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Omicron_Persei_8: Dell G5 5511 | Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS | Intel i7-11800 | 32GB DDR4-3200 | 1x512GB BC711 & 2TB Intel 660p | 3060M | 240 Watt ACadapter

- Calculon (MainTower): Fractal Design Meshify S2 White | Win 11 Pro | AMD Ryzen 3900x | 32GB DDR4-3200 TridentZ RGB | Noctua NH-D15 | 1x SN750SE | AMD 5700XT XFX Rx-57XT8OFF6 | Gigabyte X570 WiFi Pro | Seasonic FOCUS Plus 750 Gold SSR-750FX | 2x Dell S3422DWG & Dell U2715H & Dell U2917W

- Leela:  Fractal Design Focus G Blue | Win 11 Pro | AMD Ryzen 2600 | 32GB DDR4-3200MHz | AMD Wraith cooler | Toshiba KSG60ZMV256G | EVGA 2060 KO | Gigabyte X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING | Seasonic FOCUS Plus 650 Gold SSR-650-FX | 

Honorable Mentions:

- iZac (Server): Fractal Design Node 804 | Win 11 Pro | Ryzen 5700G | 32GB DDR4-3200MHz Crucial CL22 4x8GB | AMD Wraith Prism

5x1TB NVME | 2x2TB 7x4TB 1x 8TB SATA HDD | ASROCKRACK x470D4U | RM750i PSU | NO Monitor

- Nibbler: Framework 16 | Win 11 Pro | AMD R7 7840HS | 16" 2560x1600 | 64 GB RAM DDR5-5600 | 2TB WD SN770m & 2TB Seagate FireCuda 530 | AMD 780M  | 180Watt ACadapter

2023 Model 3 Ryzen APU | 2TB Samsung T7

Useful stuff i may mention

F@H Babysitter | F@H in the Dark | HFM Setup

It produces more folds this way. Trust me I look at the stats enough. 

But, tbf I have taken the side panel off, I hate the case but it was only one I could afford to take the EATX board and have the 9 expansion slots I required. 

I'm currently trying to work out how to take the tempered glad from the front that's glued on off. 

I had an In Win GR One case from several years back that held 7 hard drives.  Not sure you can get that case anymore or if it even held EATX, but I sure remember it being big enough to!

Just now, Inkertus said:

I had an In Win GR One case from several years back that held 7 hard drives.  Not sure you can get that case anymore or if it even held EATX, but I sure remember it being big enough to!

I mean PCIe expansion slots

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

4 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

I mean PCIe expansion slots

Dis guy.  It has, like, pretty much everything from what I can tell.

3 minutes ago, J1mjam said:

I'm sure someone can tell me pretty quickly, but what time (UK time) does the EOC site update?

Its every 3 hours from Central, but then goes on to say GMT -6.   Central time (CT) right now is 6 hours behind UK time (BST) right now. However, GMT-6 would be 1 hour earlier..

Is the us currently in Daylight savings, and therefore it is actually CDT right now?

I hate times.

Dunno'bout yours, but my stats page at EOC also has a counter (top-left!) and going from that the next run will be at 1AM Amsterdam time, which is midnight in London. Which is not even half an hour from now. ;)

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision"

(Faithless, 'Reverence' from the 1996 Reverence album)

1 minute ago, Inkertus said:

Not bad, shame I already have this one now. 

I have to say being somewhat trained in a kitchen is a useful skill when all the restaurants close! 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 minute ago, Dutch_Master said:

Dunno'bout yours, but my stats page at EOC also has a counter (top-left!) and going from that the next run will be at 1AM Amsterdam time, which is midnight in London. Which is not even half an hour from now. ;)

I feel like the most stupid person in the world.

EDIT: Look, I'm a software dev by day, jesus christ do timezones give me the heebie jeebies

15 minutes ago, Gorgon said:

Gee. I have an open PCIe slot in my Win10 daily driver and in my KVM system but that one is in a Fractal Core 1100 and even with a Noctua iPPC2000 running full-bore tends to get a little hot with a GPU in it.

Must resist urge ...

My next purchase will probably be a 3900x or 3950x to replace the 2700 in my x570 Pro WiFi

Well if I could go to the office I could have an Epyc 2nd gen server built by this weekend, but it doesn't look like that will happen for at least 3 to 4 weeks.

6 minutes ago, J1mjam said:

EDIT: Look, I'm a software dev by day, jesus christ do timezones give me the heebie jeebies

It would be nice not to have time zones but unfortunately they are here to stay. Now lets get rid of daylight savings time

- Bender: Corsair CARBIDE 600C | Win 11 Pro | AMD Ryzen 2600 | 32GB DDR4-3200MHz Crucial CL22 4x8GB | Noctua NH-U14H | 1TB Toshiba SSD | EVGA XC3 Ultra 3070LHR 8GB Metal BackPlate | EVGA FTW 3070FHR 8GB Metal BackPlate | Gigabyte X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING | Seasonic FOCUS Plus 1000 Gold SSR-1000FX | 55" Samsung 120Hz 3D TV

- Scooty-Puff: Alienware M15R5 | Win 11 Pro | AMD R7-5800H | 64GB DDR4-3200 | PC711 & WD SN750 SE 1TB | 3070M | 240 Watt ACadapter

- Omicron_Persei_8: Dell G5 5511 | Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS | Intel i7-11800 | 32GB DDR4-3200 | 1x512GB BC711 & 2TB Intel 660p | 3060M | 240 Watt ACadapter

- Calculon (MainTower): Fractal Design Meshify S2 White | Win 11 Pro | AMD Ryzen 3900x | 32GB DDR4-3200 TridentZ RGB | Noctua NH-D15 | 1x SN750SE | AMD 5700XT XFX Rx-57XT8OFF6 | Gigabyte X570 WiFi Pro | Seasonic FOCUS Plus 750 Gold SSR-750FX | 2x Dell S3422DWG & Dell U2715H & Dell U2917W

- Leela:  Fractal Design Focus G Blue | Win 11 Pro | AMD Ryzen 2600 | 32GB DDR4-3200MHz | AMD Wraith cooler | Toshiba KSG60ZMV256G | EVGA 2060 KO | Gigabyte X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING | Seasonic FOCUS Plus 650 Gold SSR-650-FX | 

Honorable Mentions:

- iZac (Server): Fractal Design Node 804 | Win 11 Pro | Ryzen 5700G | 32GB DDR4-3200MHz Crucial CL22 4x8GB | AMD Wraith Prism

5x1TB NVME | 2x2TB 7x4TB 1x 8TB SATA HDD | ASROCKRACK x470D4U | RM750i PSU | NO Monitor

- Nibbler: Framework 16 | Win 11 Pro | AMD R7 7840HS | 16" 2560x1600 | 64 GB RAM DDR5-5600 | 2TB WD SN770m & 2TB Seagate FireCuda 530 | AMD 780M  | 180Watt ACadapter

2 minutes ago, J1mjam said:

I've slowly been changing over to 24H time.  It makes things much, much simpler, even though it doesn't get rid of DST.

1 minute ago, hydrochloric said:

I've slowly been changing over to 24H time.  It makes things much, much simpler, even though it doesn't get rid of DST.

Wait... you guys don't use 24 hour clocks as standard?

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Just now, GOTSpectrum said:

No, much like the metric system we're far too proud of our choices to change them lol.  (To be fair, changing a country to the metric system would not be fun, and SI is mostly metric, so all of the engineering/scientific community does use it.)

Nope we call that military time lol

Honorable Mentions:

I can feel the call of the spreadsheet!

She sings to me, the song of folding data 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240