LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

22 minutes ago, Ayren said:

Check for dust and other air flow restrictions. this is reaching cpu-fan-broke levels of temperature. 95W is barely anything for a decent cooler.. if its even 95W and not more via OC settings. Maybe try lowering voltages? 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In other news:
image.png.7299f2f7d4bfa3b736c365e2e642518c.png
+ an additional 1.5-1.7m ppd back at home :3

lets just hope i can keep em fed

Not competent enough to mess with CPU voltage settings...

My Stats

Gigabyte Z390 AORUS Master/ i9-9900K/ 64GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz/ Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2080 Ti x2 (NVlink)/ 14TB Seagate Barracuda/ 64GB M10 Optane Memory (Modifies 14TB HDD)/ 2TB 970 EVO PLUS M.2, PCIe NVMe/ Corsair 1200W HX Series™ Modular 80 Plus®/ Corsair H115i Pro Cooler/ Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Rev. 2

40 minutes ago, Zonker said:

9900k runs at 95w TDP... seems silly it runs so hot.

Intel's TDP spec is crap, 95W is if all cores are at the 3.6GHz meaningless "base freq", which never happens. When you boost to rated 4.7 all core it'll draw about 140W.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

1 minute ago, Kilrah said:

Intel's TDP spec is crap, 95W is if all cores are at the 3.6GHz meaningless "base freq", which never happens. When you boost to rated 4.7 all core it'll draw about 140W.

True! GamersNexus has had some pretty epic rants over this.

43 minutes ago, Zonker said:

That TDP is literally useless. Actual power usage is much higher.

Edit: @Daniel_SClmao I guess we had the same idea at the same moment.

All tdp aside its still weirds me out how my PC draws 200W from the wall on idle xD

Probably all the harddrives and the fans got something to do with it >.>

35 minutes ago, Daniel_SC said:

True! GamersNexus has had some pretty epic rants over this.

My Stats

Gigabyte Z390 AORUS Master/ i9-9900K/ 64GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz/ Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2080 Ti x2 (NVlink)/ 14TB Seagate Barracuda/ 64GB M10 Optane Memory (Modifies 14TB HDD)/ 2TB 970 EVO PLUS M.2, PCIe NVMe/ Corsair 1200W HX Series™ Modular 80 Plus®/ Corsair H115i Pro Cooler/ Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Rev. 2

1 hour ago, zassou said:

btw when will amazon overtake us?

Currently Amazon don't register as a 'threat' to the LTT team according to extremeoverclocking.com so at this stage, if the production of the LTT team and the Amazon team stays constant, never.

image.png.4ad3f31dbe1f91110bd6857a55feb954.png

Currently AWSFolds are averaging almost 1.2 billion PPD while team LTT are averaging almost 3.3 billion PPD (according to 24hr averages)

35 minutes ago, ShortRouter said:

That TDP is literally useless. Actual power usage is much higher.

Edit: @Daniel_SClmao I guess we had the same idea at the same moment.

Yah, makes more sense now.

My Stats

1 hour ago, Spotty said:

Look for this error just before sending the work unit.

WARNING:WU00:FS00:Exception: Failed to send results to work server: Transfer failed
WU00:FS00:Trying to send results to collection server

This is a problem when the work unit cannot upload to the Work Server so it gets sent to the backup Collection Server instead.

Is there any way to avoid this error from happening? Or is it a problem on the server side and there is nothing I can do nothing about it.?

Also, I checked the logs for that error and sure enough, all of the WU for which the credit estimate showed only the base credit had that error in common.

Thanks a lot for a proper explanation. I've been trying to find a proper explanation for a almost a week now and finally got one.

Well great, for the past hour I can't force acquisition of a WU by pausing and starting.

It just says paused then unpaused at that's it, no timer showing at all before next attempt :/

Servers pls

1 hour ago, Zonker said:

My 3950X is running 24/7 since March 21st on 100% (Rosetta and F@H) and maxed at around 75°C with just an AIO. There needs to be an issue with cooling for you.

Which cooling system do you have on hat 9900K? Is the thermal paste still okay, or is it a bit old and not contacting properly?

Ryzen9 3950X | ROG Strix X570-E Gaming | 64GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 | Gigabyte Radeon 5700XT Gaming OC 8GB | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB, WD RED 3TB | Seasonic Focus DX 750W | NZXT Kraken X72 with Noctua NF-A12x25 | NZXT H700

1 minute ago, Ayren said:

Found the mother of GPU workloads

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.472eda7f9c9e7dac0de8d2e09fb7612e.png

Hey I got maybe a little more than a quarter of that power... nice

Just now, Ayren said:

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.472eda7f9c9e7dac0de8d2e09fb7612e.png

I haven't received such a WU yet. Eagerly waiting for one.😁

5 minutes ago, Tsuga said:

My 3950X is running 24/7 since March 21st on 100% (Rosetta and F@H) and maxed at around 75°C with just an AIO. There needs to be an issue with cooling for you.

Which cooling system do you have on hat 9900K? Is the thermal paste still okay, or is it a bit old and not contacting properly?

I believe it's just Intel... this CPU seems to draw up to 140w and Folding is greedy.

My Stats

Just now, Classified101 said:

I haven't received such a WU yet. Eagerly waiting for one.😁

I think you have to put 
<client-type v='beta'/>
into your config file to get em...
But be warned... they do tend to be able to crash your machine every once in a while... I learned that the hard way < ->

2 minutes ago, Ayren said:

image.png.bf5dc2deafda7f34ff485fd1d648799c.png

Found the sequel 😁:

image.png.7fd6eccd2082508184590e83f7be3c35.png

The PPD is a bit lower than what I expected from how people described large WU's :o 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

9 minutes ago, Lamibi said:

Well great, for the past hour I can't force acquisition of a WU by pausing and starting.

It just says paused then unpaused at that's it, no timer showing at all before next attempt :/

Servers pls

restart F@H can help in that case

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

5 minutes ago, Stormseeker9 said:

restart F@H can help in that case

Thanks, that worked. FYI I think it's Gigabyte Aorus for your signature.

15 minutes ago, Ayren said:

I think you have to put 
<client-type v='beta'/>
into your config file to get em...
But be warned... they do tend to be able to crash your machine every once in a while... I learned that the hard way < ->

Can you walk me through it? Or give a link to a post or something?

19 minutes ago, Zonker said:

I believe it's just Intel... this CPU seems to draw up to 140w and Folding is greedy.

that should not be the problem. My current real power draw is 160w for the 16 cores and 190-210w for the whole package. (information is based on readings by the software of CPUID HWMonitor

Ryzen9 3950X | ROG Strix X570-E Gaming | 64GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 | Gigabyte Radeon 5700XT Gaming OC 8GB | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB, WD RED 3TB | Seasonic Focus DX 750W | NZXT Kraken X72 with Noctua NF-A12x25 | NZXT H700

On 3/13/2020 at 7:24 AM, yaboistar said:

Let’s go crash FAH’s work servers again!

I was wondering where you folks came from.

One positive - the Folding infrastructure group seem to have finally figured out how to ramp up their production of work units to work on BIG TIME over the last few days.

Are you planning to continue pushing on Folding after your Covid event passes?

For reference, I'm a fairly long time fairly big hitter from Team Curecoin - won't be joining y'all for this situation, but under the circumstances I can certainly consider your impressive response a major positive to the project as a whole. Says a lot you've managed to pass up ANONYMOUS and the DEFAULT team.

If any of you have questions especially on multi-card and mixed GPU type rigs under LINUX, I can probably help you sort them out.

4 minutes ago, QuintLeo said:

yes, but i do a bit lower than at the moment

6 minutes ago, QuintLeo said:

Wouldn't expect the whole 60k to continue but some will!