Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GOTSpectrum

LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

2 minutes ago, NinjaWolfess said:

Finally picked up a CPU WU a little bit ago. Didn't notice until I leaned over to fiddle with cords and noticed my space heater was heating again :P

I've been getting more CPU WUs than GPUs lol.

R5 3600, 5700 XT, AX370 K7...  and that's plenty for me.  If you ignore the masses of other parts I occasionally put together and laugh about.

2 minutes ago, Gorgon said:

This is just sad.

Fold7_CPU.thumb.png.575445b37f8d1947544a003ecb62e3c4.png

Damm you UPS. Why don't you deliver on Weekends

From what I've been hearing of their distribution centers, you might want to leave deliveries on the doorstep for a few days anyway...  I feel bad ordering things knowing what the workers have to go through.

R5 3600, 5700 XT, AX370 K7...  and that's plenty for me.  If you ignore the masses of other parts I occasionally put together and laugh about.

Went from 1906 on day 1 to 1224 on day 2 to 1030 today!!

My Folding Stats

My BOINC Stats

VelosterN:

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X - Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming - Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200Mhz 32GB - Asus ROG Strix Gaming 5700 XT OC

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 - Samsung 970 Evo Plus 250GB M.2-2280 NVMe - Samsung 970 Pro 512GB M.2-2280 NVMe - Samsung 860 Pro 256 GB 2.5" SSD X2

EVGA P2 80+ Platinum 850Watt PSU - BenQ XL2730Z 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz - Corsair H115i

Corsair K70 LUX - Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum - HyperX Cloud Revolver S

Windows 10 Professional Build 1909

BettyBoop:

AMD Ryzen 5 2600X - Asus ROG Strix B450-I Gaming - Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz 16GB - AMD HD7950 - Fractal Design Core 500

Samsung 860 Pro 512GB Sata - EVGA 550GM 80+ Gold 550Watt SFX PSU - be quiet! Dark Rock 4

TestBench:

Intel i7 6700K - Asus Maximus Hero VIII - Corsair Vengence LPX 3000MHz 16GB - MSI RX480 Gaming-X 8GB - Cooler Master 932 HAF

Seagate 250GB HDD - EVGA G2 80+ Gold 650Watt PSU - Corsair H100i

Ubuntu Linux 20.04 Beta LTS

HTPC:

HPE ProLiant ML10 Gen9 Server

Intel Xeon E3-1225v5 - Micron 2133Mhz 16GB ECC

I’m currently unable to do folding@ home  do to internet service Outage due to power outages in my area. My power was out for three hours  and came back on at 9:58 pm finally. Im using smart phone hotspot To write this

4 minutes ago, Gorgon said:

This is just sad.

Fold7_CPU.thumb.png.575445b37f8d1947544a003ecb62e3c4.png

Damm you UPS. Why don't you deliver on Weekends

🤣 Averaging 14.45 million PPD is sad. (If you say so) The next few behind you in the competition are averaging 10 million PPD or less. So you want it to be a massacre and not just a win or are you just trying to ensure the top spot on the team in general? 😁 

Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, LFreeman said:

Hmm..🧐 Seems Legit!

Yep, I see nothing wrong here!

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 7 1700 3GHz 8-Core Processor @ 4Ghz
  • Motherboard
    GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    DOMINATOR Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) @ 3400mhz
  • GPU
    Aorus GTX 1080 Waterforce
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    BenQ - XL2430(144hz), Dell 24" portrait
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240
1 hour ago, hydrochloric said:

My parents had solar installed on their barn almost 15 years ago, it's already paid back their return.  Along with the heat pump replacing about 70% of their heating/AC needs, and a Generac for backup, they're fine.

On the other hand, I have a portable Harbor Freight generator and a 6-circuit transfer switch I installed myself lol.

Don't knock installing it yourself.  I installed my own solar and fixed a bunch of random crap wiring I've found around our new house.  When the solar company folks came to give me a quote on a heat pump and saw what I did for the solar install, they asked to take a bunch of pictures to take back and show how nice and clean and secure it had all been done.  Sometimes, simply because you care to find out how to do it right, it'll be better.

2 hours ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

Hope its a dGPU, I was curious if Ryzen 5 Mobile was up to the task but due to it thermal throttling at a really low temp, it can't quite make the timeout so is pointless.  (well you get points, but no point folding is the data is late so ends up being re-sent to someone else thus wasting a slot)

It might be fast enough in Linux (it utilises more of the GPU I believe) but I can't get the drivers working. :( The CPU does some good folding though.

Well it's just a Nvidia GT635M so it's not like it really has any power. Almost 8 year old laptop and it still runs, swapped to SSD naturally. Ran DDU and still didn't fix it so I just removed the GPU slot so it won't keep asking for work units and heat up only to fail. Gotta leave that thermal capacity for the CPU to use.

Got my trusty main rig going at 70C peak CPU and 65C peak GPU with a Ryzen 5 2600x and RTX2080 Super. Churning out those Work Units really well.

1 minute ago, justpoet said:

Don't knock installing it yourself.  I installed my own solar and fixed a bunch of random crap wiring I've found around our new house.  When the solar company folks came to give me a quote on a heat pump and saw what I did for the solar install, they asked to take a bunch of pictures to take back and show how nice and clean and secure it had all been done.  Sometimes, simply because you care to find out how to do it right, it'll be better.

Thanks, no knock on myself.  Sometimes just feels like I can't ever match what I grew up in.  I definitely got real lucky in that way though.

13 minutes ago, Den-Fi said:

3P7A8561-Edit.thumb.jpg.8668852dae47f4fa4fcefe15fc4ed63a.jpg

Just my definitely RX580s hard at work, fighting the good fight.

hmm, that looks suspiciously like a 4U Rackmount case......  nice RTX 580's you got there.....

3 minutes ago, Den-Fi said:

image.thumb.png.eb901e30ef3d779e183a97597ef86ded.png

Seems so.

Thank you. Appreciated!

Is this sheet public? Could you post the link?
If not, how can I check my earned point during the LTT event?

Just now, wagnerbraw said:

Thank you. Appreciated!

Is this sheet public? Could you post the link?
If not, how can I check my earned point during the LTT event?

Check the pinned post for @GOTSpectrum's blogs each day.

Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, Den-Fi said:

Check the pinned post for @GOTSpectrum's blogs each day.

I still find it amazing how people miss that and the blue box y'know

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 7 1700 3GHz 8-Core Processor @ 4Ghz
  • Motherboard
    GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    DOMINATOR Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) @ 3400mhz
  • GPU
    Aorus GTX 1080 Waterforce
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2