LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

Just now, LFreeman said:

Hmm..🧐 Seems Legit!

Yep, I see nothing wrong here!

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 hour ago, hydrochloric said:

My parents had solar installed on their barn almost 15 years ago, it's already paid back their return.  Along with the heat pump replacing about 70% of their heating/AC needs, and a Generac for backup, they're fine.

On the other hand, I have a portable Harbor Freight generator and a 6-circuit transfer switch I installed myself lol.

Don't knock installing it yourself.  I installed my own solar and fixed a bunch of random crap wiring I've found around our new house.  When the solar company folks came to give me a quote on a heat pump and saw what I did for the solar install, they asked to take a bunch of pictures to take back and show how nice and clean and secure it had all been done.  Sometimes, simply because you care to find out how to do it right, it'll be better.

1 minute ago, LFreeman said:

Hmm..🧐 Seems Legit!

It ain't much, but it's mine.

2 hours ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

Hope its a dGPU, I was curious if Ryzen 5 Mobile was up to the task but due to it thermal throttling at a really low temp, it can't quite make the timeout so is pointless.  (well you get points, but no point folding is the data is late so ends up being re-sent to someone else thus wasting a slot)

It might be fast enough in Linux (it utilises more of the GPU I believe) but I can't get the drivers working. :( The CPU does some good folding though.

Well it's just a Nvidia GT635M so it's not like it really has any power. Almost 8 year old laptop and it still runs, swapped to SSD naturally. Ran DDU and still didn't fix it so I just removed the GPU slot so it won't keep asking for work units and heat up only to fail. Gotta leave that thermal capacity for the CPU to use.

Got my trusty main rig going at 70C peak CPU and 65C peak GPU with a Ryzen 5 2600x and RTX2080 Super. Churning out those Work Units really well.

1 minute ago, justpoet said:

Don't knock installing it yourself.  I installed my own solar and fixed a bunch of random crap wiring I've found around our new house.  When the solar company folks came to give me a quote on a heat pump and saw what I did for the solar install, they asked to take a bunch of pictures to take back and show how nice and clean and secure it had all been done.  Sometimes, simply because you care to find out how to do it right, it'll be better.

Thanks, no knock on myself.  Sometimes just feels like I can't ever match what I grew up in.  I definitely got real lucky in that way though.

R5 3600, 5700 XT, AX370 K7...  and that's plenty for me.  If you ignore the masses of other parts I occasionally put together and laugh about.

13 minutes ago, Den-Fi said:

3P7A8561-Edit.thumb.jpg.8668852dae47f4fa4fcefe15fc4ed63a.jpg

Just my definitely RX580s hard at work, fighting the good fight.

hmm, that looks suspiciously like a 4U Rackmount case......  nice RTX 580's you got there.....

Just now, Unilevers said:

hmm, that looks suspiciously like a 4 Rackmount case......  nice RTX 5080's you got there.....

No sir. That's a cardboard box that I painted black.

Hey, How can I check if I am participating in that Tournament?
My folding user name is wagnerbraw.
Ty.

2 minutes ago, wagnerbraw said:

Hey, How can I check if I am participating in that Tournament?
My folding user name is wagnerbraw.
Ty.

image.thumb.png.eb901e30ef3d779e183a97597ef86ded.png

Seems so.

3 minutes ago, Den-Fi said:

image.thumb.png.eb901e30ef3d779e183a97597ef86ded.png

Seems so.

Thank you. Appreciated!

Is this sheet public? Could you post the link?
If not, how can I check my earned point during the LTT event?

Just now, wagnerbraw said:

Thank you. Appreciated!

Is this sheet public? Could you post the link?
If not, how can I check my earned point during the LTT event?

Check the pinned post for @GOTSpectrum's blogs each day.

1 minute ago, Den-Fi said:

Check the pinned post for @GOTSpectrum's blogs each day.

I still find it amazing how people miss that and the blue box y'know

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Just now, GOTSpectrum said:

How do I put the folding points in my bitcoin wallet?

Just now, Den-Fi said:

well you see there is this new service.......😁

1 minute ago, GOTSpectrum said:

I don't have a blue box at the top…just some spammy text. :P

2 minutes ago, Den-Fi said:

It's simple, i send you my username and passkey and you will just get bitcoins, easy!

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 minute ago, REDYul said:

This link is great about modeling the virus path and downfall.

https://aatishb.com/covidtrends/?country=Canada&country=Italy&country=South+Korea&country=Spain&country=US&country=United+Kingdom

hope it's ok to share this type of link?

No, only positive links that bolster the stock market are allowed!  No facts!

...I don't expect to stop being work from home until June.

R5 3600, 5700 XT, AX370 K7...  and that's plenty for me.  If you ignore the masses of other parts I occasionally put together and laugh about.

2 minutes ago, REDYul said:

This link is great about modeling the virus path and downfall.

https://aatishb.com/covidtrends/?country=Canada&country=Italy&country=South+Korea&country=Spain&country=US&country=United+Kingdom

hope it's ok to share this type of link?

That's well done.  I wish they'd show the rates as percentages of total population though.  It changes perspective of things drastically.

6 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

I've cleaned up the Recommended posts and Topic Message so your Solved blog posts are always at the top.

1 minute ago, justpoet said:

That's well done.  I wish they'd show the rates as percentages of total population though.  It changes perspective of things drastically.

Yeah like Bangladesh with dense 161M population and only 5 cases. Makes ya wonder!

740317712_Screenshot(4).thumb.png.ab4b9bf95793686ddd40583e0a53d615.png

lets hope this help speed up finding the cure

2 hours ago, Inkertus said:

What's an amazon compute instance cost per month for a project like this?  Couldn't find any numbers on that.  Someone mentioned that earlier.  Paging that guy!

https://aws.amazon.com/ec2/spot/pricing/

Spot instances are subject to being shut down at any time, but are far, far cheaper than dedicated.

You want the "GPU Instances - Current Generation", Linux if you can.

https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSEC2/latest/UserGuide/accelerated-computing-instances.html

You have to be really careful with AWS though.  If you don't set certain limits on spot pricing, it can get pricey quickly.

If you are going to fire up in mass scale, that's a whole different discussion as there are a lot of different ways to do it.

Beyond that, I wouldn't do anything at the moment until more of the WU servers come online.  I ran my 32 GPU servers and ended up with a lot of idle GPUs, which is pointless considering that the cost is the same.

10 minutes ago, Macaw2000 said:

Yeah like Bangladesh with dense 161M population and only 5 cases. Makes ya wonder!

Some countries are also purposely hiding their numbers to make the country look better.  Not claiming your example is, but it is definitely happening with some.

57 minutes ago, ZombieStew said:

🤣 Averaging 14.45 million PPD is sad. (If you say so) The next few behind you in the competition are averaging 10 million PPD or less. So you want it to be a massacre and not just a win or are you just trying to ensure the top spot on the team in general? 😁 

No, having a system sitting there generating 150kPPD from the Ryzen 2700 with two available PCIe x16 slots just waiting on Video Cards is just sad ☹️

And BTW I'm not competing in the competition and @Den-Fi is almost 1.5 Billion Points in front of me so it's not for the sake of competition I'm sad just not being able to do more work to fight this thing.

And after being locked in the house for three days with the famdamily I might be going just a little stir crazy 🤪

FaH BOINC HfM

Bifrost - 6 GPU Folding Rig  Linux Folding HOWTO Folding Remote Access Folding GPU Profiling ToU Scheduling UPS

Systems:

desktop: Lian-Li O11 Air Mini; Asus ProArt x670 WiFi; Ryzen 9 7950x; EVGA 240 CLC; 4 x 32GB DDR5-5600; 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 500GB PCIe3 NVMe; 2 x 8TB NAS; AMD FirePro W4100; MSI 4070 Ti Super Ventus 2; Corsair SF750

nas1: Fractal Node 804; SuperMicro X10sl7-f; Xeon e3-1231v3; 4 x 8GB DDR3-1666 ECC; 2 x 250GB Samsung EVO Pro SSD; 7 x 4TB Seagate NAS; Corsair HX650i

nas2: Synology DS-123j; 2 x 6TB WD Red Plus NAS

nas3: Synology DS-224+; 2 x 12TB Seagate NAS

dcn01: Fractal Meshify S2; Gigabyte Aorus ax570 Master; Ryzen 9 5900x; Noctua NH-D15; 4 x 16GB DDR4-3200; 512GB NVMe; 2 x Zotac AMP 4070ti; Corsair RM750Mx

dcn02: Fractal Meshify S2; Gigabyte ax570 Pro WiFi; Ryzen 9 3950x; Noctua NH-D15; 2 x 16GB DDR4-3200; 128GB NVMe; 2 x Zotac AMP 4070ti; Corsair RM750x

dcn03: Fractal Meshify C; Gigabyte Aorus z370 Gaming 5; i9-9900k; BeQuiet! PureRock 2 Black; 2 x 8GB DDR4-2400; 128GB SATA m.2; MSI 4070 Ti Super Gaming X; MSI 4070 Ti Super Ventus 2; Corsair TX650m

dcn05: Fractal Define S; Gigabyte Aorus b450m; Ryzen 7 2700; AMD Wraith; 2 x 8GB DDR 4-3200; 128GB SATA NVMe; Gigabyte Gaming RTX 4080 Super; Corsair TX750m

dcn06: Fractal Focus G Mini; Gigabyte Aorus b450m; Ryzen 7 2700; AMD Wraith; 2 x 8GB DDR 4-3200; 128GB SSD; Gigabyte Gaming RTX 4080 Super; Corsair CX650m