LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

9 minutes ago, hydrochloric said:

I'm pretty sure I could fold on literally every computer I've ever owned and not make a dent in Den-fi's points lol.

I’m just very good at undervolting my two RX580s. 

Didnt do too hot in points today...seems like my slower pc got all of the wu's while the more powerful pc just sat idle...

I really want someone to take the oprah car giving episode and edit it so it says work unit instead of car... That would be grand  

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

3 minutes ago, hydrochloric said:

I got the 9PM one.

My updated no problem. F32B76DB-F4B1-4A93-BBDB-D769A5144F5C.thumb.jpeg.b2e94f4046befc5dba7f8145416ef2a2.jpeg

My EOC F@H stats | My F@H Stats | My Real time F@H Production | My Boinc Stats

My team in point Generation order:

- Bender: Corsair CARBIDE 600C | Win 11 Pro | AMD Ryzen 2600 | 32GB DDR4-3200MHz Crucial CL22 4x8GB | Noctua NH-U14H | 1TB Toshiba SSD | EVGA XC3 Ultra 3070LHR 8GB Metal BackPlate | EVGA FTW 3070FHR 8GB Metal BackPlate | Gigabyte X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING | Seasonic FOCUS Plus 1000 Gold SSR-1000FX | 55" Samsung 120Hz 3D TV

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Scooty-Puff: Alienware M15R5 | Win 11 Pro | AMD R7-5800H | 64GB DDR4-3200 | PC711 & WD SN750 SE 1TB | 3070M | 240 Watt ACadapter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Omicron_Persei_8: Dell G5 5511 | Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS | Intel i7-11800 | 32GB DDR4-3200 | 1x512GB BC711 & 2TB Intel 660p | 3060M | 240 Watt ACadapter

- Calculon (MainTower): Fractal Design Meshify S2 White | Win 11 Pro | AMD Ryzen 3900x | 32GB DDR4-3200 TridentZ RGB | Noctua NH-D15 | 1x SN750SE | AMD 5700XT XFX Rx-57XT8OFF6 | Gigabyte X570 WiFi Pro | Seasonic FOCUS Plus 750 Gold SSR-750FX | 2x Dell S3422DWG & Dell U2715H & Dell U2917W

- Leela:  Fractal Design Focus G Blue | Win 11 Pro | AMD Ryzen 2600 | 32GB DDR4-3200MHz | AMD Wraith cooler | Toshiba KSG60ZMV256G | EVGA 2060 KO | Gigabyte X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING | Seasonic FOCUS Plus 650 Gold SSR-650-FX | 

Honorable Mentions:

- iZac (Server): Fractal Design Node 804 | Win 11 Pro | Ryzen 5700G | 32GB DDR4-3200MHz Crucial CL22 4x8GB | AMD Wraith Prism

5x1TB NVME | 2x2TB 7x4TB 1x 8TB SATA HDD | ASROCKRACK x470D4U | RM750i PSU | NO Monitor

- Nibbler: Framework 16 | Win 11 Pro | AMD R7 7840HS | 16" 2560x1600 | 64 GB RAM DDR5-5600 | 2TB WD SN770m & 2TB Seagate FireCuda 530 | AMD 780M  | 180Watt ACadapter

2023 Model 3 Ryzen APU | 2TB Samsung T7

Useful stuff i may mention

F@H Babysitter | F@H in the Dark | HFM Setup

3 minutes ago, Inkertus said:

I'm barely keeping my GPUs fed.  My poor CPUs are starving meanwhile.

same, feels off when my poor 970 is soo cold. 

3 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

I too remember that kinda feeling when we dropped to 12th or something like that, I made it my mission to restore the glory to the team after a good while of bad management... Well... Here we are!

been folding for years for the glory of the LTT team 

1 minute ago, Den-Fi said:

Yea, but you also have better coolers on them..

2 minutes ago, Den-Fi said:

Seriously, I have NO idea how you guys undervolt.  I tried like, a 2% undervolt and started failing WU's.  Card was stable, but folding was failing.

R5 3600, 5700 XT, AX370 K7...  and that's plenty for me.  If you ignore the masses of other parts I occasionally put together and laugh about.

Just now, lewdicrous said:

Yea, but you also have better coolers on them..

I took those off. I wanted to see what they looked like underneath, but lost the screws. So now I just have a USB fan pointed at them. 

On 3/27/2020 at 8:04 PM, Tad Bittoomuch said:

I might be able to save you some headache.

To pass through a GPU with ESXi you need:

a) an Nvidia enterprise licence and
b) professional GPU (ESXi doesn't have drivers for consumer GTX/RTX cards)

Also as far as I'm aware, it won't work at all with AMD gpus.

Source: I asked a a friend who works with VMware/ESXi every day and knows about this stuff

Just wanted to let you know...

Got my GPU passthrough working on my ESXi host. Wasn't that hard at all once I realized why I couldn't load the driver... :)

image.thumb.png.e7f3f04d514da262fe5b1dfb4c0fcae5.png

image.png.1b3ab6bdd6bb223a458a68d61c8312b9.png

image.thumb.png.14bf4b67a42fbfce65e17a9c6ba4f94d.png

2 minutes ago, EchoSoldi3r said:

When will my score be updated on EOC?

Potentially next update, 2.5 hours 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

It's pretty cool checking EOC and seeing people around my score getting beaten by my rate, all of that green text saying I'm gonna overtake. Decent number greyed out so they have a higher initial score and rate. Only 1 direct contender right (behind in score but greater rate).

At this point I'm just trying to make sure I get those work units so I can get as close as I can to that PPD they tease us with.

1 minute ago, leadeater said:

3ul59e.jpg

Love it!

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Just now, GOTSpectrum said:

Potentially next update, 2.5 hours 

Cool! I already got 2 WUs done, but now I'm stuck on ready for my CPU.

It's 0330 and I'm here making garlic cheese stuffed mushrooms...

Fun times!

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 minute ago, GOTSpectrum said:

It's 0330 and I'm here making garlic cheese stuffed mushrooms...

Fun times!

I'm watching Jumanji: Enter the Jungle.  3rd week of lockdown, woo!  Gotta make a new Chrysthanemum, too...

R5 3600, 5700 XT, AX370 K7...  and that's plenty for me.  If you ignore the masses of other parts I occasionally put together and laugh about.

it's weird many of the teams I'm looking at didn't get updates, but there's people here who did. 

6 minutes ago, hydrochloric said:

Seriously, I have NO idea how you guys undervolt.  I tried like, a 2% undervolt and started failing WU's.  Card was stable, but folding was failing.

Lots of non-verbal threats of violence. 

Just now, j0hn0b said:

it's weird many of the teams I'm looking at didn't get updates, but there's people here who did. 

The team stats and the users stats come from different files off the Stanford servers 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Just now, j0hn0b said:

You know what else is weird? 
A parrot stuck in a washing machine that’s also a lime. 

1 minute ago, GOTSpectrum said:

The team stats and the users stats come from different files off the Stanford servers 

Interesting, I wonder how that relates to the official stats server not updating at all for a day or so now.

2 minutes ago, Den-Fi said:

I'd quote you a Zero Punctuation intro bit but can't recall which of the 700+ vids it is.

EDIT:  Google saved my bacon.  The Driver: San Francisco ZP.

1 minute ago, Den-Fi said:

Ill have what he's having! 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240