Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GOTSpectrum

LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

 

 

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

And we have just passed 1100 sigh ups, nice!

 

I am going to start work on the OP shortly so if there is anything you would like to be added please let me know by replying to this post ASAP

 


My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

 

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates
 

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

 

  • CPU
    Ryzen 7 1700 3GHz 8-Core Processor @ 4Ghz
  • Motherboard
    GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    DOMINATOR Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) @ 3400mhz
  • GPU
    Aorus GTX 1080 Waterforce
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    BenQ - XL2430(144hz), Dell 24" portrait
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Kn1nJa said:

If your CPU is idle, just be patient. The servers are working as hard as they can to distribute work units. You'll get work eventually. Just keep the program running.

Now we need a distributed server project. Anyone knows how to make Plan 9 running in python?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

And we have just passed 1100 sigh ups, nice!

 

I am going to start work on the OP shortly so if there is anything you would like to be added please let me know by replying to this post ASAP

 

Link up the install guide right at the top.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, I'm sorry I thought I had this set up properly but nothing seems to be working now.

I set everything up earlier and the first work unit ran and completed but the programme just stopped doing anything after that. I rebooted my system and it started running another work unit, but now even after a reboot nothing seems to be happening, it also hasn't updated my points. It did start a work unit but said it would take 5 days, so after another reboot the work unit doesn't appear to be there anymore and nothing seems to be happening. Any suggestions would be great, thank you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

Once I've reworked the OP I will be replying to any outstanding DMs, I know a few of you are still waiting on that.

 

I really hope more WUs come available by the start of the event


My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

 

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates
 

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

 

  • CPU
    Ryzen 7 1700 3GHz 8-Core Processor @ 4Ghz
  • Motherboard
    GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    DOMINATOR Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) @ 3400mhz
  • GPU
    Aorus GTX 1080 Waterforce
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    BenQ - XL2430(144hz), Dell 24" portrait
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, RestlessRancor said:

Hi, I'm sorry I thought I had this set up properly but nothing seems to be working now.

I set everything up earlier and the first work unit ran and completed but the programme just stopped doing anything after that. I rebooted my system and it started running another work unit, but now even after a reboot nothing seems to be happening, it also hasn't updated my points. It did start a work unit but said it would take 5 days, so after another reboot the work unit doesn't appear to be there anymore and nothing seems to be happening. Any suggestions would be great, thank you.

There is currently a drought of WUs as the massive influx of new folders have crashed many of the F@H servers and consumed much of the work available. They are currently working the problem. they are handing out over 170,000 WUs per hour so are pushing them out as fast as possible.


My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

 

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates
 

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

 

  • CPU
    Ryzen 7 1700 3GHz 8-Core Processor @ 4Ghz
  • Motherboard
    GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    DOMINATOR Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) @ 3400mhz
  • GPU
    Aorus GTX 1080 Waterforce
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    BenQ - XL2430(144hz), Dell 24" portrait
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GOTSpectrum said:

There is currently a drought of WUs as the massive influx of new folders have crashed many of the F@H servers and consumed much of the work available. They are currently working the problem. they are handing out over 170,000 WUs per hour so are pushing them out as fast as possible.

Ah thanks, sorry I was trying to keep up with all of the messages in this topic but wasn't sure if that was the case. I've clicked into the 'log' tab and can see it's failing to connect, so I'll leave it running and come back to it later to see how it's doing. Would you say that's also why it was a 5 day ETA?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Proud to be part of this


MOTHERBOARD: ASRock H97 Pro4 CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 @3.30 Ghz (-75mV Core // -5mV Cache) RAM: 32Gb (4x8Gb) Kingstone HyperX Fury DDR3@1600 Mhz (9-9-9-27)

GPU: MSI 390 8Gb Gaming Edition (-5mV // +80mhz core // +120mhz memory)  PSU: XFX TS 650w Bronze Enermax Revolution D.F. 650w 80+ Gold

STORAGE: SSD Samsung EVO 850 250Gb // HDD WD Green 1Tb // HDD WD Blue 4Tb // HDD WD Blue 160Gb MOUSE: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum

MONITORS: Samsung CFG7 C24FG7xFQ @144hz // Samsung SyncMaster TA350 LT23A350 @60hz

CASE: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed OS: Windows 10 Pro x64 Bit // Manjaro

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, Parideboy said:

Proud to be part of this

And we are proud to have you and your truly amazing soul!


My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

 

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates
 

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

 

  • CPU
    Ryzen 7 1700 3GHz 8-Core Processor @ 4Ghz
  • Motherboard
    GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    DOMINATOR Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) @ 3400mhz
  • GPU
    Aorus GTX 1080 Waterforce
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    BenQ - XL2430(144hz), Dell 24" portrait
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240
Link to post
Share on other sites

when my cpu/gpu get stuck on download attempt loop. ive had luck removing cpu/gpu effected, saving, and then adding back the cpu/gpu, and saving. repeatedly if the first try doesn't work, or else it gets stuck for hours on a WU showing 0.0.0.0 as the collection server. I believe this is an issue on their end.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, iced coffee said:

when my cpu/gpu get stuck on download attempt loop. ive had luck removing cpu/gpu effected, saving, and then adding back the cpu/gpu, and saving. repeatedly if the first try doesn't work, or else it gets stuck for hours on a WU showing 0.0.0.0 as the collection server. I believe this is an issue on their end.

Yep! They are overwhelmed by all the support they get! That should be fixed in the next days. 

Dont delete and restart your clients to often please. This is even more work for the servers. Just let it run and you will get work if they have some! 


HELP the LTT F@H TEAM FIGHT COVID-19!! Its easy: 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, saibalroop said:

Mine is working on the cpu, but not GPU now...

Screen_Shot_2020-03-15_at_5_56.06_PM.png

Give it time, GPU WUs are being pumped as fast as they can. Not enough to go around. F@H staff is working to fix all issues like these

 


Cheers from the Border

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

The OP has been slightly reworked, more work wil possibly be carried out on it in the coming days as we decided if the starting date will be brought forward. In the meantime please do feel free to ask here any questions you have and @Metallus97 can add teh most frequent ones to the FAQ he has posted.

 

Thank you everyone for your amazing support on this!


My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

 

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates
 

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

 

  • CPU
    Ryzen 7 1700 3GHz 8-Core Processor @ 4Ghz
  • Motherboard
    GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    DOMINATOR Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) @ 3400mhz
  • GPU
    Aorus GTX 1080 Waterforce
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    BenQ - XL2430(144hz), Dell 24" portrait
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Metallus97 said:

Yep! They are overwhelmed by all the support they get! That should be fixed in the next days. 

Dont delete and restart your clients to often please. This is even more work for the servers. Just let it run and you will get work if they have some! 

or better yet start BOINC until F@H settles down. Instructions are in this topic.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Since I've been having GPU issues I can't pin down I decided to move up my purchase of a better heat sink for my 2700X, it's not nearly as powerful as my Vega56 (which is matching a V64/1080ti in Luxmark) but it's better than nothing. As soon as it gets here and get's installed (mid week) I'll get back up and running. It's too loud/too hot until then and I don't want my GPU sending a bunch of bad data/fails back and making more work/trouble for the servers.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Same here, 2 of 3 GPU:s have been idle for hours, have tried restarting once or twice but no luck, i'll just let it run and see when the servers decide to give me something. CPU is running Boinc so no problems there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.


×