LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

2 minutes ago, vile1 said:

It's just running stock setting cranked to Full.

Worked fine last night, woke up this morning to the GPU not doing anything and the CPU cranking away

There might not be any WUs when the client requests them, just hang tight

Cheers from the Border

1 minute ago, Ghilo said:

On my GPU WU, the percentage keeps jumping back, any idea why? It was just at 9%, then went back to 6%, and it's done it before.

You might have unstable clock or you are pausing it and resuming, therefore it is reverting back to it's last saved %.

Favebook's F@H Stats

Favebook's BOINC Stats

CPU i7-8700k (5.0GHz)  Motherboard Aorus Z370 Gaming 7  RAM Vengeance® RGB Pro 16GB DDR4 3200MHz  GPU  Aorus 1080 Ti

Case Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA  Storage  Samsung Evo 970 1TB & WD Red Pro 10TB

PSU Corsair HX850i  Cooling Custom EKWB loop

Display Acer Predator x34 120Hz

12 minutes ago, borderman16 said:

There might be something wrong with your settings, I've been getting GPU WUs nonstop

It's just running stock setting cranked to Full.

Worked fine last night, woke up this morning to the GPU not doing anything and the CPU cranking away

3 hours ago, Jaom said:

Apparently I'm not folding covid-19 anymore. I don't think it's my "fault" (is it?). Awkward a bit. Don't get me wrong, use my power but that's not what was on invitation: 

image.png.782bc835f0c73e22599232c5e87e890e.png

COVID folding is done on the GPU from what I can tell. But it also looks like they've run out of work units for COVID as I haven't had one for a while now.

Anybody have info when passkey isue will be fixed? i am still waiting one :(

Just now, Murphy Deffa said:

Anybody have info when passkey isue will be fixed? i am still waiting one :(

they have been delayed and people have had to wait a few hours. 

1 minute ago, mlitttler89 said:

COVID folding is done on the GPU from what I can tell. But it also looks like they've run out of work units for COVID as I haven't had one for a while now.

it's done on CPU too, but considering that they've essentially ran out of WUs to give, can't do much

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // Forum FAQ // The Parrot Gang
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

WE ARE THE DARK SIDE Don't be a light theme peasant

Spoiler

........:oo:........

o//ssssssssyhhysssss+////o               .''''''''''''''. 

mddmmm/::ddddddddddddddmmmyss::/mmN       |   PARTY ON   |

o..+oodddmmmhhhhhhhhhhhdmmmmmdddooy       | ,............'

h::oyyhddmmm+++///////////++++++mmmddy::s  |/

Nyyo[[sddhyyyyy::::::::::::::::::::yyymmh//oyym

h..:oohmm+:://///::::////////////////+mmmmms..sNN

m++sddmmm+::hddhhy::+ddddddddddddddhhhmmmmmdhh+++d

Nsssyyhmmhssooodmmhhh::+mmdyyyyyyyyddddddmmmmmmmmo::d

mmd../mmmmmo::shhdmmhhh::+mmhooooooooyhhmmmmmmmmmmmyssdmm

+++++smmdddo::///dmmhhh::+mmhooooooooooommmmmddddmmmdd/++m

``+hhhmmhoo/:::::oooooossymmhooooooooyyymmdoooooydddmmo//N

++:mmmmmy:::::::::::::/yyhmmhooooooooyhhmmd:::::+yyhmmyssddd

ooommmmmy:::::::::::::://ommhooooooooooommd:::::://shhdmm+..

yyhmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyyymmd::::::::/++hmm+//

dddmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyhhddh:::::::::::hmmysshhd

mmmmmdhhs::::::::::::::::+mmhoooooooohhhhhy:::::::::::hmmhhh``+

mmmmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmdhhsooooodmm++/:::::::::::hmmsss``+

dddmmhoo+::::::::::::::::+dddddyssyyydmm::::::::::::::hmmsoo++o

dddmmdhho::::::::::::::::+hhdmmddddmmmmm::::::::::::::hmmsooNNN

mmmmmh///::::::::::::::::+hhdmmmmmmmmddd::::::::::::::hmmsoo++/

yyhmmdss+::::::::::::::::/ooydddmmmmmsoo::::::::::::::yddhyy::+

++ommmmmy:::::::::::::::::::ohhdmmddd/::::::::::::::::shhdmmsssNNNmmN

..+mmmmmy:::::::::::::::::::://shh+//:::::::::::::::::://dmmmmdoo+..o

``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh

And we have just passed 1100 sigh ups, nice!

I am going to start work on the OP shortly so if there is anything you would like to be added please let me know by replying to this post ASAP

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Okay, just made an LTT Forum account for this... My Computer will be on for ~16h each day anyways, since I'll be working from home for the next months anyways (boss said so)

My "Gaming" Rig:
i5-9600k
RTX2070 Super
Three tier storage (nvme, SSDs, HDD)
Used for coding, gaming, photo and video editing.

5 hours ago, Kn1nJa said:

If your CPU is idle, just be patient. The servers are working as hard as they can to distribute work units. You'll get work eventually. Just keep the program running.

Now we need a distributed server project. Anyone knows how to make Plan 9 running in python?

5 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

And we have just passed 1100 sigh ups, nice!

I am going to start work on the OP shortly so if there is anything you would like to be added please let me know by replying to this post ASAP

Link up the install guide right at the top.

Hi, I'm sorry I thought I had this set up properly but nothing seems to be working now.

I set everything up earlier and the first work unit ran and completed but the programme just stopped doing anything after that. I rebooted my system and it started running another work unit, but now even after a reboot nothing seems to be happening, it also hasn't updated my points. It did start a work unit but said it would take 5 days, so after another reboot the work unit doesn't appear to be there anymore and nothing seems to be happening. Any suggestions would be great, thank you.

Once I've reworked the OP I will be replying to any outstanding DMs, I know a few of you are still waiting on that.

I really hope more WUs come available by the start of the event

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Just now, RestlessRancor said:

Hi, I'm sorry I thought I had this set up properly but nothing seems to be working now.

I set everything up earlier and the first work unit ran and completed but the programme just stopped doing anything after that. I rebooted my system and it started running another work unit, but now even after a reboot nothing seems to be happening, it also hasn't updated my points. It did start a work unit but said it would take 5 days, so after another reboot the work unit doesn't appear to be there anymore and nothing seems to be happening. Any suggestions would be great, thank you.

There is currently a drought of WUs as the massive influx of new folders have crashed many of the F@H servers and consumed much of the work available. They are currently working the problem. they are handing out over 170,000 WUs per hour so are pushing them out as fast as possible.

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 minute ago, GOTSpectrum said:

There is currently a drought of WUs as the massive influx of new folders have crashed many of the F@H servers and consumed much of the work available. They are currently working the problem. they are handing out over 170,000 WUs per hour so are pushing them out as fast as possible.

Ah thanks, sorry I was trying to keep up with all of the messages in this topic but wasn't sure if that was the case. I've clicked into the 'log' tab and can see it's failing to connect, so I'll leave it running and come back to it later to see how it's doing. Would you say that's also why it was a 5 day ETA?

Proud to be part of this

MOTHERBOARD: ASRock H97 Pro4 CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 @3.30 Ghz Intel Xeon E3-1271v3 @4.00 Ghz RAM: 32Gb (4x8Gb) Kingstone HyperX Fury DDR3@1600 Mhz (9-9-9-27)

GPU: MSI 390 8Gb Gaming Edition PSU: XFX TS 650w Bronze Enermax Revolution D.F. 650w 80+ Gold MOUSE: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum KEYBOARD: Monokey Standard Suave Blue

STORAGE: SSD Samsung EVO 850 250Gb // HDD WD Green 1Tb // HDD WD Blue 4Tb // HDD WD Blue 160Gb CASE: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed OS: Windows 11 Pro x64 Bit

MONITORS: Samsung CFG7 C24FG7xFQ @144hz // Samsung SyncMaster TA350 LT23A350 @60hz Samsung Odyssey G7 COOLER: Noctua NH-D15

2 minutes ago, Parideboy said:

Proud to be part of this

And we are proud to have you and your truly amazing soul!

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

when my cpu/gpu get stuck on download attempt loop. ive had luck removing cpu/gpu effected, saving, and then adding back the cpu/gpu, and saving. repeatedly if the first try doesn't work, or else it gets stuck for hours on a WU showing 0.0.0.0 as the collection server. I believe this is an issue on their end.

4 minutes ago, iced coffee said:

when my cpu/gpu get stuck on download attempt loop. ive had luck removing cpu/gpu effected, saving, and then adding back the cpu/gpu, and saving. repeatedly if the first try doesn't work, or else it gets stuck for hours on a WU showing 0.0.0.0 as the collection server. I believe this is an issue on their end.

Yep! They are overwhelmed by all the support they get! That should be fixed in the next days. 

Dont delete and restart your clients to often please. This is even more work for the servers. Just let it run and you will get work if they have some! 

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂