Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GOTSpectrum

LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

I have the gaming PC in my sig folding and that is it, 200k ish points a day at the moment. I wont win anything but hopefully if I can fold for most of the challenge I will place respectably.

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

2 minutes ago, Shigeru said:

Pretty much me, only with an bunch old desktops (AMD A8-5600K, AMD Phenom II X4 Black Edition 965 and a Intel i5-2130 and a crappy GT 1030 XD (also tried an old Intel Atom, is not worth the try for this XD ) Could add to the fight maybe a Intel E2160 or a Q6200 (that one is actually only running seti@home for now).

I got up this morning and, after four days of folding across 5 machines, I've got 109,000 points. I thought that was cool, then I saw some people get twice that in a single WU. Oh well, every little bit helps.

2 minutes ago, Yujah said:

Well, on this side of the pond and/or on far more modest hardware the thing I was a little afraid of is occurring; haven't gotten a WU in hours now; am never going to break 500K during the event at this rate...

If my system doesn't get anything in an hour I pause unpause, end, and restart the client, or just reboot the system.

Although last night it seems I got one WU at around 22:23; and this it was idle until I checked the morning :(

5820K 4.0GHz | NH D15S | 32 GB RAM | Titan V + 2060S | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

OK, SFF PC going to sleep for the night after 3 consecutive days... only going to let the main one with 2080S run during the night. More efficient and quieter

F@H
Desktop: i7-5960X 4.4GHz, Noctua NH-D14, ASUS Rampage V, 32GB, RTX2080S, 2TB NVMe SSD, 2x16TB HDD RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Thermaltake Overseer RX1, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB NVMe SSD RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Dell XPS 2 in 1 2019, 32GB, 1TB, 4K

GPD Win 2

2 minutes ago, DelphinusVyse said:

Figure I'll join the folks posting their folding rigs. She's a bit of a hodgepodge of old and newish parts in a newer case, but she's all I got and still does the job.

Simply and nice, as I like'em!

5 minutes ago, Valentyn said:

If my system doesn't get anything in an hour I pause unpause, end, and restart the client, or just reboot the system.

Yes, I also noticed that "back-off system" where the client seems to wait exponentially longer between failed attempts; have indeed been pausing / unpausing due to that as well, but effect has still been minor it seems.

But... I did just now in fact land an 80K GPU WU; with 10 (or 14, what is it) days that would do as per-day result.

Finally got a new SFX PSU to complete my build. ATX won't fit. SFX is also a bit too thick so I will install it between the radiator and motherboard if possible...

15 minutes ago, Shigeru said:

Pretty much me, only with an bunch old desktops (AMD A8-5600K, AMD Phenom II X4 Black Edition 965 and a Intel i5-2130 and a crappy GT 1030 XD (also tried an old Intel Atom, is not worth the try for this XD ) Could add to the fight maybe a Intel E2160 or a Q6200 (that one is actually only running seti@home for now).

Well hey, with their processing power combined, you should still be working with some serious horsepower there!

How many points per day are you seeing with that GT 1030? Just curious. 

just had a bad gate way to the forum site.

me: hmmm forum is down.🤔

Also me:   does this mean that papa linus is linking up the new server? MWAHAHAHAHAHAH!! YES WU'S FOR EVERYONE!!

mabey just me going fold crazy !!😅

El Psy Congroo out!

Folding since 15/03/20

Rig specs

Mobo - crosshair hero 7

Ram -  trident z 3400

Processor- Ryzen 7 2700x @ 4.1 Ghz

Graphics card - Gigabyte 1080 TI

1 minute ago, El_Psy_CoNGR00 said:

just had a bad gate way to the forum site.

me: hmmm forum is down.🤔

Also me:   does this mean that papa linus is linking up the new server? MWAHAHAHAHAHAH!! YES WU'S FOR EVERYONE!!

mabey just me going fold crazy !!😅

Same for me

Desktop:RM650X, x570 Gaming Plus, Ryzen 5 3600, Cooler Master ML240L CPU cooler, Sapphire Pulse RX5700, 2x8 G.Skill Ripjaws V, NvME Intel 660p 1TB and Seagate 2 TB 7200RPM, Cooler Master MB530P case, ASUS VG278 27'' 1080p Monitor 165Hz 

Folding Stats

12 minutes ago, Valentyn said:

Simply and nice, as I like'em!

Thanks. I am planning to upgrade at some point in the not so distant future so I can move up to a much newer CPU, faster RAM, and other niceties like NVMe SSDs, but I continue to be surprised/impressed that I can still play modern games on a 3 year old graphics card and a 7 year old CPU (i7-3770K, albeit overclocked to 4.2GHz). It's certainly been a system I've more than gotten my monies worth out of, considering besides a larger SSD and replacing the PSU recently, the only performance related upgrade I made was going from a GTX760 to the 1080. I did as mentioned replace the case too, the Antec 902 seemed cool in 2013, but it's a pain in the butt to clean the filters and I'd had enough. 😛

2 minutes ago, bmichaels556 said:

Well hey, with their processing power combined, you should still be working with some serious horsepower there!

How many points per day are you seeing with that GT 1030? Just curious. 

Well, will tell that tomorrow since I reseted my point thanks to a problem with a duplicated folding user name, but just got this WU now :)imagen.thumb.png.4a97f28c8bbf8dfc07065e6da2510d52.png

Hey gang. I was just curious why F@H is so bad when it comes to multiple cores? I've got 12 cores / 24 threads and only get a bit less hashrate using say, 12 threads, as opposed to all 24, or even 20. Clock speed seems relatively unaffected too with those different settings, but the numbers are what they are, but with vastly less power consumption. Why?

Could it maybe have to do with cache or something like that where there ends up being a big diminishing returns because you're already running close to max? Same kind of situation on my i7-4600u. 1 thread gets me like 5,000+ PPD. Two gets me like ~8,500. 3 gets about the same. And 4 actually seems lower! But clock speed and cache frequency do suffer after 3+ threads which is expected I guess.

3 minutes ago, DelphinusVyse said:

Thanks. I am planning to upgrade at some point in the not so distant future so I can move up to a much newer CPU, faster RAM, and other niceties like NVMe SSDs, but I continue to be surprised/impressed that I can still play modern games on a 3 year old graphics card and a 7 year old CPU (i7-3770K, albeit overclocked to 4.2GHz). It's certainly been a system I've more than gotten my monies worth out of, considering besides a larger SSD and replacing the PSU recently, the only performance related upgrade I made was going from a GTX760 to the 1080. I did as mentioned replace the case too, the Antec 902 seemed cool in 2013, but it's a pain in the butt to clean the filters and I'd had enough. 😛

I'm still running a 5820K, some older CPUs really just keep on chugging, and I love it.

Holding out for Zen 3, and I'll likely get an NVME drive myself then.

1 hour ago, Yujah said:

Yes, those don't support double precision in/through OpenCL; if you study the log you will undoubtedly see being assigned a work server 192.0.2.1 for the GPUs which is in fact an unroutable address, reserved for documentation and examples, and F@h's way of telling you that the GPU is unsupported. It's not evident in the frontend that it is because in theory the queue's available for single-precision work units, but well, those don't actually tend to exist anymore in practice.

Of that generation of AMD only a few top-models in the HD 58xx, HD 59xx and HD 68xx, HD 69xx series support OpenCL DP. I do believe that anything "new" does but I couldn't really tell you where the break-off point is specifically. The Nvidia types you mention would to me also seem too old but frankly I haven't payed much attention to Nvidia for many, many years now (am a Linux user) so perhaps simply trying is the best method: if you're assigned 192.0.2.1 as a work server, then you know they're not going to fly either.

Understood, guess those units can only do CPU folding then. How about R9 M275X? it seems to be picking up jobs, but it was stuck at FAHCore, I try resetting the GPU value to 0, and it seems to be running, but it resets and returned back to ready. I already installed the latest driver from AMD.

Hy, I'm new but I want to do my part. Can you run multiple computers under the same account on the same assignment with Folding@home?

tnx

1 minute ago, Cas_DS said:

Hy, I'm new but I want to do my part. Can you run multiple computers under the same account on the same assignment with Folding@home?

tnx

Yes! Edit: well, not the same WU, but the same type of WU yes.

Problem folding? TOO BAD THE BLUE BOX IS GONE

Just now, Cas_DS said:

tnx

Hello. You can definitely run multiple computers under your account for the team. But the assignments are assigned randomly. Just keep folding with whatever you are given. Anything counts.

3 minutes ago, Valentyn said:

I'm still running a 5820K, some older CPUs really just keep on chugging, and I love it.

Holding out for Zen 3, and I'll likely get an NVME drive myself then.

Indeed! I used for years an Intel E2180 and still missing that old machine... now my oldest running one is an AMD A8 and after dealing with its termal issues is just on all day :)

And that make me wonder if its worth to try and Old Athlon64+.... could be worse that the old Intel Atom? Uhmm.... and a GeForce 8400 GS? (I dont think what that one is support, and would melt anyway XD )

14 minutes ago, Shigeru said:

Well, will tell that tomorrow since I reseted my point thanks to a problem with a duplicated folding user name, but just got this WU now :)imagen.thumb.png.4a97f28c8bbf8dfc07065e6da2510d52.png

Updated now to more credits? Well, still new in this XD

1 minute ago, Shigeru said:

Indeed! I used for years an Intel E2180 and still missing that old machine... now my oldest running one is an AMD A8 and after dealing with its termal issues is just on all day :)

And that make me wonder if its worth to try and Old Athlon64+.... could be worse that the old Intel Atom? Uhmm.... and a GeForce 8400 GS? (I dont think what that one is support, and would melt anyway XD )

Heh, I remember those days. I had an Athlon 64 X2 and an 8800GTS 512. Ended more or less giving the 8800 to a friend who was building a PC on a very tight budget and when the thermal paste finally crapped out and the thing cooked itself, EVGA ended up sending us a GT650 as a replacement. Man I miss those lifetime warranties. 😛

This is my contribution.

CPU Cores: 40

GPUs:          2

Still trying to figure out how to run the client in Manjaro Linux without having a term window open, as well as configuring the client to allow remote tracking.

Cheers!

Jeff

13f130fca155cca5bef975d41fb86ed6.png

My Folding Stats

My BOINC Stats

VelosterN:

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X - Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming - Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200Mhz 32GB - Asus ROG Strix Gaming 5700 XT OC

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 - Samsung 970 Evo Plus 250GB M.2-2280 NVMe - Samsung 970 Pro 512GB M.2-2280 NVMe - Samsung 860 Pro 256 GB 2.5" SSD X2

EVGA P2 80+ Platinum 850Watt PSU - BenQ XL2730Z 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz - Corsair H115i

Corsair K70 LUX - Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum - HyperX Cloud Revolver S

Windows 10 Professional Build 1909

BettyBoop:

AMD Ryzen 5 2600X - Asus ROG Strix B450-I Gaming - Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz 16GB - AMD HD7950 - Fractal Design Core 500

Samsung 860 Pro 512GB Sata - EVGA 550GM 80+ Gold 550Watt SFX PSU - be quiet! Dark Rock 4

TestBench:

Intel i7 6700K - Asus Maximus Hero VIII - Corsair Vengence LPX 3000MHz 16GB - MSI RX480 Gaming-X 8GB - Cooler Master 932 HAF

Seagate 250GB HDD - EVGA G2 80+ Gold 650Watt PSU - Corsair H100i

Ubuntu Linux 20.04 Beta LTS

HTPC:

HPE ProLiant ML10 Gen9 Server

Intel Xeon E3-1225v5 - Micron 2133Mhz 16GB ECC