LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

Just now, Full_Metal_Jacob said:

I just see a red head,a blonde...

self isolation already getting to you I see

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

15 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

PUSH HARDER!!!!!!!

Scream at it, I find that helps, at least with the way I feel anyway

Submitted WU :D

Fingers crossed the stats update prior to the snapshot!

1 minute ago, GOTSpectrum said:

self isolation already getting to you I see

A crappy Matrix reference... that too though. Weird how in normal times its preferred, but as soon as your forced to... 

Could anyone tell my if my progress is slow or normal? I didn't experience any idle or waiting for download WUs since the last 24 hours. I restart my pc and couple hours ago and took nap, wake up with 3 or 5 extra WUs idk, i upload my fah log as well. Sorry kinda new to all of these.

10wu.jpg

15wu.jpg

fahlog.txt

3 minutes ago, snorlaxgangs said:

Could anyone tell my if my progress is slow or normal? I didn't experience any idle or waiting for download WUs since the last 24 hours. I restart my pc and couple hours ago and took nap, wake up with 3 or 5 extra WUs idk, i upload my fah log as well. Sorry kinda new to all of these.

fahlog.txt 65.98 kB · 0 downloads

Give it time. Servers are somewhat overloaded atm.

@Rune I love you!!!

image.png.fdaf7dbbd4663fbd2067197c6c59195d.png

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

I really hope that the statistic catch up. Some of my finished WU's today still are not recognised by neither the official statistics nor folding extreme 😰

ESL Profile: https://play.eslgaming.com/player/2432327/

F@H Profile: https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=847206

Old System:                                                                 Current System :

i7-3770k + Cooler Master Hyper 212                           i9 9900k + Noctua NH-D15

Gigabyte Z77M-D3H                                                    Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Master

Evga Geforce GTX 970 SC                                          GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING OC (F@H OC +70core/+580 mem)

HyperX FURY Red 16GB  DDR3 1600                        Corsair Vengeance  LPX 2x16GB DDR4 3200

bequiet PURE POWER 600W 80+ bronze                  Corsair RM 650x 80+ gold

Samsung 850 Evo 120 GB + 1TB HDD                       Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500GB 

Thermaltake Level 20 MT ARGB 

On 3/13/2020 at 9:21 AM, GOTSpectrum said:

LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Minimum Participation Requirements For Prizes

10 Days Active, 500,000 Points

This is our highest yet but should be possible for most people seeing as most modern GPUs and CPUs can hit this. These must be met DURING the event. Points produced before the start date do not count!

550,000 points and 10 days active? I'm new here, does my computer need to be folding 24/7 for 10 days? Thanks!

Just now, DonBeto said:

550,000 points and 10 days active? I'm new here, does my computer need to be folding 24/7 for 10 days? Thanks!

During the competition. Doesn't need to be 24/7 as long as you get the PPD.

Just now, bmichaels556 said:

I gotta' wonder... What the hell does LegendaryPoet have access to!? (top LTT folding member)

That would be @Den-Fi

@Gorgon is just as mental

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 minute ago, DonBeto said:

1 WU per 24 hour period, that is 0000-2359GMT to be considered active

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Foldy Puff Jr is having a hard time getting work units. I have the PC out in the shop at work folding both CPU and GPU, but the Radeon 7570 isn't getting ANY work units over several days. Is it just too old? The CPU is a dual core Haswell Pentium and it's doing some work units.

Ugh! My GPU keeps getting the "clWaitForEvents" error. Its a GTX 1660 and Im trying to limit it to 75C because I dont want another big heat source in Florida. The latest gaming drivers installed fresh, voltage set to 100, and power delivery set to 110. Rebooting the client and PC didnt help. I had the core clock set to -500 and it still failed! Im going to keep decreasing it till it passes...the lowest it can set it to is -1000. I might have a dud of a GPU and I definitely wont hit 500k points in 10 days on CPU alone.

12.82.98.119 really struggling, taking SOOOOOOOO long to download a WU

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 minute ago, virus86 said:

Ugh! My GPU keeps getting the "clWaitForEvents" error. Its a GTX 1660 and Im trying to limit it to 75C because I dont want another big heat source in Florida. The latest gaming drivers installed fresh, voltage set to 100, and power delivery set to 110. Rebooting the client and PC didnt help. I had the core clock set to -500 and it still failed! Im going to keep decreasing it till it passes...the lowest it can set it to is -1000. I might have a dud of a GPU and I definitely wont hit 500k points in 10 days on CPU alone.

leave the core or mem and just set the power limit to 70%, if its still to hot drop it to 60% ect. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Just joined the team, have been running FAH on and off since it's inception (and Seti@Home from the first day!),

just recently started folding again, but missed the LTT team, so have just switched/set team ID.

3900X with a Vega 64 LC 

and a  HP DL380p Gen8 32 core Xeon(R) CPU E5-2650 (folding in a VM with 28 assigned)

Might be able to get a DL360 joined in a few days.

Just now, Urgentemente said:

Just joined the team, have been running FAH on and off since it's inception (and Seti@Home from the first day!),

just recently started folding again, but missed the LTT team, so have just switched/set team ID.

3900X with a Vega 64 LC 

and a  HP DL380p Gen8 32 core Xeon(R) CPU E5-2650 (folding in a VM with 28 assigned)

Might be able to get a DL360 joined in a few days.

Not bad!

welcome to the team!!!

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

10 minutes ago, bmichaels556 said:

I gotta' wonder... What the hell does LegendaryPoet have access to!? (top LTT folding member)

He's just some entitled brat. Ignore him.

3 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Not bad!

welcome to the team!!!

Cheers, every bit helps.

Wish their was a way to 'donate' the points I crunched in the last week (1,560,652) 

1 minute ago, Urgentemente said:

Cheers, every bit helps.

Wish their was a way to 'donate' the points I crunched in the last week (1,560,652) 

All folds are good folds, no matter the team! 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

6 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

leave the core or mem and just set the power limit to 70%, if its still to hot drop it to 60% ect. 

Thanks. Ill try that if/when my -600 core clock fails.

To the guys talking about the linus server, it is not a WU assignment server, it is used as an accept server, this is the one that you upload your finished work onto.

And to those wondering, no you cannot force your client to only communicate with that server, you have to go get assigned from the assignment servers, (that is the two on the top of stats page, labeled in white background)

On a sidennote, it seems they have upgraded server software to 9.6, so something has changed.

https://apps.foldingathome.org/serverstats