LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

Just now, SCSI15 said:

Nope, I am just an idiot....False alarm, I didn't have the page fully open and mistake a number....very sad now.

F

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

3 minutes ago, DonGuano said:

This is like fishing.

LTT would like to make explicit it does not advise sprinkling maggots all over the inside of your computer though.

1 minute ago, Yujah said:

LTT would like to make explicit it does not advise sprinkling maggots all over the inside of your computer though.

Why not, computer maggot just eat any dead hardware you have 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

According to my donor stats, I've done 50 WUs, but when I click on that number and it generates the certificate, it says I've done 1500 WUs. Ideas?

System Specs: Second-class potato, slightly mouldy

3 minutes ago, SCSI15 said:

Nope, I am just an idiot....False alarm, I didn't have the page fully open and mistake a number....very sad now.

I was gonna say!

Just now, YellowJersey said:

According to my donor stats, I've done 50 WUs, but when I click on that number and it generates the certificate, it says I've done 1500 WUs. Ideas?

glitch in the matrix?

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Just now, GOTSpectrum said:

glitch in the matrix?

I'm at 109,295 points for Team LTT, if that makes it any clearer.

2 minutes ago, J1mjam said:

I've done 7%...

F

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Adding maggots to your PC increases your FPS

Spoiler

FPS = Flies per Second

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

4 minutes ago, Valentyn said:

Oh nice! Just got a 225K WU!

Well, on this side of the pond and/or on far more modest hardware the thing I was a little afraid of is occurring; haven't gotten a WU in hours now; am never going to break 500K during the event at this rate...

12 minutes ago, YellowJersey said:

It ain't much, but it's honest work.

oldlaptops.jpg

Pretty much me, only with an bunch old desktops (AMD A8-5600K, AMD Phenom II X4 Black Edition 965 and a Intel i5-2130 and a crappy GT 1030 XD (also tried an old Intel Atom, is not worth the try for this XD ) Could add to the fight maybe a Intel E2160 or a Q6200 (that one is actually only running seti@home for now).

I have the gaming PC in my sig folding and that is it, 200k ish points a day at the moment. I wont win anything but hopefully if I can fold for most of the challenge I will place respectably.

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

2 minutes ago, Shigeru said:

Pretty much me, only with an bunch old desktops (AMD A8-5600K, AMD Phenom II X4 Black Edition 965 and a Intel i5-2130 and a crappy GT 1030 XD (also tried an old Intel Atom, is not worth the try for this XD ) Could add to the fight maybe a Intel E2160 or a Q6200 (that one is actually only running seti@home for now).

I got up this morning and, after four days of folding across 5 machines, I've got 109,000 points. I thought that was cool, then I saw some people get twice that in a single WU. Oh well, every little bit helps.

2 minutes ago, Yujah said:

Well, on this side of the pond and/or on far more modest hardware the thing I was a little afraid of is occurring; haven't gotten a WU in hours now; am never going to break 500K during the event at this rate...

If my system doesn't get anything in an hour I pause unpause, end, and restart the client, or just reboot the system.

Although last night it seems I got one WU at around 22:23; and this it was idle until I checked the morning :(

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

OK, SFF PC going to sleep for the night after 3 consecutive days... only going to let the main one with 2080S run during the night. More efficient and quieter

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

13 minutes ago, Valentyn said:

Oh nice! Just got a 225K WU! Not seen one that high yet.

i just got similar one

2 minutes ago, DelphinusVyse said:

Figure I'll join the folks posting their folding rigs. She's a bit of a hodgepodge of old and newish parts in a newer case, but she's all I got and still does the job.

Simply and nice, as I like'em!

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

5 minutes ago, Valentyn said:

If my system doesn't get anything in an hour I pause unpause, end, and restart the client, or just reboot the system.

Yes, I also noticed that "back-off system" where the client seems to wait exponentially longer between failed attempts; have indeed been pausing / unpausing due to that as well, but effect has still been minor it seems.

But... I did just now in fact land an 80K GPU WU; with 10 (or 14, what is it) days that would do as per-day result.

Finally got a new SFX PSU to complete my build. ATX won't fit. SFX is also a bit too thick so I will install it between the radiator and motherboard if possible...

15 minutes ago, Shigeru said:

Well hey, with their processing power combined, you should still be working with some serious horsepower there!

How many points per day are you seeing with that GT 1030? Just curious.