Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GOTSpectrum

LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

So I started folding yesterday and I found my old r9 380 GPU, would it work for folding if I connected it to my current system or would it need tinkering to make it work? Its ryzen 5 3600, rx 5700, RM650X, x570 gaming plus MB, and 16Gb ram.

Desktop:RM650X, x570 Gaming Plus, Ryzen 5 3600, Cooler Master ML240L CPU cooler, Sapphire Pulse RX5700, 2x8 G.Skill Ripjaws V, NvME Intel 660p 1TB and Seagate 2 TB 7200RPM, Cooler Master MB530P case, ASUS VG278 27'' 1080p Monitor 165Hz 

Folding Stats

1 minute ago, gmouz said:

So I started folding yesterday and I found my old r9 380 GPU, would it work for folding if I connected it to my current system or would it need tinkering to make it work? Its ryzen 5 3600, rx 5700, RM650X, x570 gaming plus MB, and 16Gb ram.

It should work out of the box. And every bit helps.

5 minutes ago, Technane said:

Boo comp started and my WU collection has gone stale :( 

https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=977064

Def try the pause and unpause a couple times.  My 2080ti seems to keep busy, but my 2070 needs constant prodding it seems.  If im not pausing and unpausing it just stops getting any WU

El Zoido: 9900k / Hydro X / z390 Aorus master / 32 gb Corsair vengeance 3000mHz LPX / RTX 2080 ti / Fractal Define R6

The Box: 3900x / DR4 / b450 Asrock ITX / 32 gb Corsair vengeance 3000mHz LPX / RTX 2080 ti / Meshify mini w/ Noctua 140 Blacks

already have done, 
and as i say that the 2070 pics something up to fold. 

ICT professional, Addicted to PC

6 minutes ago, Technane said:

Boo comp started and my WU collection has gone stale :( 

https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=977064

It’s not really a ‘competition’ is it - we try and help find cures!

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

My less powerful PC is getting all of the work while my other PC is just sitting waiting for work.

44 minutes ago, enterprise-psi said:

yeap next-unit-percentage 100.

Any recommended down clocks ? Default is 1360mhz core and 2000mhz memory.  Or just reduce power limit?

-snip-

You can leave that flag there, it won't affect your WUs, but it's good for PPD. However, try avoiding client-type Advanced flag while you are having problems.

My RX 580 worked perfectly with 1350 CC and 2050 MC, but if you are having problems with current setup, try going for 1300 CC and 1900 MC and slowly raise CC first and then MC (up to 2050) every few WUs, once you hit failed WU, go back to what was stable and then one more step back just to be sure.

If I find screenshots of exact settings from 6 months ago, I'll share them with you.

Favebook's F@H Stats

Favebook's BOINC Stats

CPU i7-8700k (5.0GHz)  Motherboard Aorus Z370 Gaming 7  RAM Vengeance® RGB Pro 16GB DDR4 3200MHz  GPU  Aorus 1080 Ti

Case Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA  Storage  Samsung Evo 970 1TB & WD Red Pro 10TB

PSU Corsair HX850i  Cooling Custom EKWB loop

Display Acer Predator x34 120Hz

9 minutes ago, steelo said:

It's strange, my PC with the less powerful GPU is getting all of the GPU WU's while my other PC seems to only be getting CPU WU's...tried pausing and restarting several times.

My Vega 56 seems to be getting more WU than my 5700xt. They might prioritize certain architectures, or it might just be down to luck of the draw.

You're helping just by contributing capacity, even if they don't saturate it. Just means the WU they do push out get started immediately.

19 minutes ago, Stormseeker9 said:

It’s not really a ‘competition’ is it - we try and help find cures!

THIS IS A WAR!!!

LOL...I'm just kidding, friendly competition is always fun 😃

Posted · Original PosterOP
5 minutes ago, leadeater said:

You are entered and in the stats tracking, duplicate entry was cleaned up.

I was just replying to the guy! 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 7 1700 3GHz 8-Core Processor @ 4Ghz
  • Motherboard
    GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    DOMINATOR Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) @ 3400mhz
  • GPU
    Aorus GTX 1080 Waterforce
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    BenQ - XL2430(144hz), Dell 24" portrait
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240
Just now, leadeater said:

First

I'm not sure if I love you for your support or hate toy for being childish 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
  • Motherboard
    GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Dont know if this is relevant, but they have a potential vaccine for the virus now, they just need time for testing and approval. 

10 hours ago, GOTSpectrum said:

I look at everything from a folding point of view, nothing offensive there to me... well other than you could get more folding power with 2060 cards for the same price but still...

how?

8 minutes ago, Lordofcheez said:

how?

How to which point?

• CPU
  • Motherboard
    GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240
1 minute ago, Xhristophan said:

Dont know if this is relevant, but they have a potential vaccine for the virus now, they just need time for testing and approval. 

there is a lot of them for testing (16-18 month) but still they need more info