LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

Still not getting any WUs here.

image.png.f13bded82eaff1187707fd2b7f670d3b.png

RX 480 Gaming x running full blast @1380MHz 💪

Liquid metal keeps it so cool it's unreal

(not bothering with the CPU since it's an old i7 2600, eats up 65W for 1/20th the score of the GPU!)

Cattura.PNG

I got no WU for 3 days (Only one GPU GTX 960M) and when I got one, the OpenCL core misconfigured (I think it is due to a recent Windows Update 29020-3 Cumulative update, KB4541335). Tryed to re-install but now I got no WU on "Any Disease".

Tryed other research and got one WU so the misconfiguration was resolved.

We'll soon catch evga for monthly, I think we have a change to beat Default team for monthly as well. 

Would be nice, but it's pretty unlikely... 

Leaving my setup active as it is now permanently would add about $80/month to my power bill.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

3 minutes ago, 42thgamer said:

Am I the only one here hoping every new folder will stick around? We could get so much more work done!

i hope too, but i think even 10% of new folders stays after cov19 pandemic ends it be nice

4 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

Would be nice, but it's pretty unlikely... 

Leaving my setup active as it is now permanently would add about $80/month to my power bill.

Yeah I get that, but some people use it as heating (like me). Heating with natrualgas or someting else is cheaper but this helps science too!

And you don't have to fold 24/7 just a few hours a day is also great!

3 minutes ago, efka112 said:

i hope too, but i think even 10% of new folders stays after cov19 pandemic ends it be nice

Yeah, 10 % of the new people would be great. But the more the better!

I've noticed that restarting my computer dramatically improves my chances of receiving another work unit. Worth a try if you've been sitting idle for more than 10 minutes.

8 hours ago, GOTSpectrum said:

I'm currently pulling like 1.4ish Kw.... and to think I do this year round!

@Valentyn told you... no sanity here 

I think I've had two blown power supplies in my life. Ultra 1000W, and Gigabyte Odin 850W.

Now that I think about it, they all involved multiple GPUs!!!
This folding thing is the root of all insanity, and extra monetary loss.

I've not needed the heating on in the rooms with the computers lately, and it's wonderful.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

3 minutes ago, 42thgamer said:

Yeah I get that, but some people use it as heating (like me). Heating with natrualgas or someting else is cheaper but this helps science too!

Unfortunately it doesn't help here, I'm in a building with 4 apartments and the heating bill for the building is shared equally, even if I used nothing from the central heating (I already don't heat much) I would barely save anything. 

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

1 minute ago, Kilrah said:

Unfortunately it doesn't help here, I'm in a building with 4 apartments and the heating bill for the building is shared equally, even if I used nothing from the central heating (I already don't heat much) I would barely save anything. 

Yeah it is different for every one. Do what you can!

2 minutes ago, JGL90 said:

I've noticed that restarting my computer dramatically improves my chances of receiving another work unit. Worth a try if you've been sitting idle for more than 10 minutes.

pause folding, and start. it helps  

4 minutes ago, 42thgamer said:

Yeah it is different for every one. Do what you can!

Just think about us poor Aussies that are helping out... It is just coming off summer so we definitely don't need the extra heat :)

Just now, ItchyItch said:

Just think about us poor Aussies that are helping out... It is just coming off summer so we definitely don't need the extra heat :)

Yeah pff, I can't even handle the heat here in Western Europe during the summer...

3 minutes ago, ItchyItch said:

Australian folders be like...

image.png.8bdff21d4975ac09c121f6ac65d52d47.png

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

18 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Australian folders be like...

image.png.8bdff21d4975ac09c121f6ac65d52d47.png

I just noticed you were an Aussie (I am from Brisbane)... :) Just joined up after seeing Linus's Youtube video this week. Will be putting all my spare hardware to use over the next few weeks. Not much but hopefully it will help.

image.png.438034911404d04c16edccdf942ff553.png

Edited by ItchyItch

One of my desktops are stuck at "FahCore update". 

isostream stream error: access denied. Anyone knows how to solve this?

Error.JPG

35 minutes ago, 42thgamer said:

Yeah pff, I can't even handle the heat here in Western Europe during the summer...

I'm in Ireland, and I get uncomfortable once it gets passed 18 degrees celcius.

The summers recently hit mid to high 20's and it was unbearable. Sitting in the office shirtless with a towl over the back of the chair.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

1 minute ago, Valentyn said:

I'm in Ireland, and I get uncomfortable once it gets passed 18 degrees celcius.

The summers recently hit mid to high 20's and it was unbearable. Sitting in the office shirtless with a towl over the back of the chair.

I only fold when it is cold. Keeping the climate in mind ;)

16 hours ago, LordKitsune said:

Let me know if that fixes it for ya!

Sure did ! Also read online that manually deleting the F@H files in "program files" folder works as well

12 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Who's that?

https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=812397

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

I'm not in the event... could someone pls fix this

I reistered twice in time - first time I think it didnt went through

CTmanGer

CTmanGer

https://stats.foldingathome.org/donor/CTmanGer

just started folding, yesterday.

i9 10900K | RTX 3090 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XII FORMULA | 32 GB DDR4 3596 | Corsair MP510 4TB