LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

Just now, JimStew said:

Please confirm that selecting "I support research fighting Any disease" is the correct choice. Seems like Covid19 is missing from the list.

Any Disease is the correct choice.

4 hours ago, Metallus97 said:

Yep. But reset after a few minutes seems odd... Can you please post the log?

The GPU started working again. Still resetting ofter just a few percent completion.

Here's the logs:

log_copy.txt

Anyone else having an issue where neither the browser mode or the advanced mode actually adds the points to the account? I just finished a WU and no points were added.

Cheers from the Border

1 minute ago, borderman16 said:

Anyone else having an issue where neither the browser mode or the advanced mode actually adds the points to the account? I just finished a WU and no points were added.

You've gto to wait a good while before the points actually update :)

1 minute ago, borderman16 said:

This can take a few hours. Especially now it can take longer because of the high load on the servers

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

I remember watching this a few years ago, its crazy to watch now in the current climate.

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Just now, Warlock5822 said:

You've gto to wait a good while before the points actually update :)

Just now, Metallus97 said:

This can take a few hours. Especially now it can take longer because of the high load on the servers

Aight, thanks fam.

Let us keep this up!

Cheers from the Border

5 minutes ago, Ridley303 said:

The GPU started working again. Still resetting ofter just a few percent completion.

Here's the logs:

log_copy.txt 61.37 kB · 1 download

Alright. The bad state error. Is your system OC (especially the GPU)? Drivers, BIOS, windows etc up to date?

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

Hahaha Jake just sent me this!

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

4 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Hahaha Jake just sent me this!

we need to beat r/PCMR for the good of everyone

Cheers from the Border

Hahahaha, I'm scrolling through the WHO "Mythbusters" tab, and one of the things they answer is, "Can spraying alcohol or chlorine all over your body kill the new coronavirus?'
WHO WOULD THINK TO DO THIS?!? *facepalm*

Just now, borderman16 said:

we need to beat r/PCMR for the good of everyone

We are 90 billion points ahead of them! But I agree, so tell your friends! 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 minute ago, LordKitsune said:

Hahahaha, I'm scrolling through the WHO "Mythbusters" tab, and one of the things they answer is, "Can spraying alcohol or chlorine all over your body kill the new coronavirus?'
WHO WOULD THINK TO DO THIS?!? *facepalm*

Just set up a camping shower outside your front door with bleach in it!

/S

Don't do this!!!!

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Hi,

I have F@H set up on my desktop, it's a GTX 980 and says 80,000+ PPD, but when it gets to 100% it doesn't start a new one, I have to close the app and open it again - have I missed something?

Also, I have just set F@H up on my XPS 15 9570 (GTX 1050 Ti Max Q mobile) and it says around 33,000 PPD, does this seem accurate? I know it's a mobile GPU, but I thought it would at least keep up with the desktop 980?

(Still waiting for them to send me a passkey too after 8 hours, but can see that's delayed at the moment)

Thanks

20 minutes ago, Metallus97 said:

Alright. The bad state error. Is your system OC (especially the GPU)? Drivers, BIOS, windows etc up to date?

The GPU has a factory OC on it, but nothing more. It would literally burn if it was pushed even harder.

Windows update and geforce experience ran yesterday, tho I never updated the bios.

Newbie home-folder here. I'll be adding some of my sleeping computers to this cause. Time for those processors to do some work for a good cause. My energy supplier will be happy... XD

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X | MoBo MSI B550 Gaming Plus | RAM 32GB Teamgroup @3600/18 | GPU EVGA RTX 3070 Ti FTW | Case Enthoo Pro M SE
PSU bq! Straight Power 11 Plat. 750W CM | Cooling Scythe Fuma 2 & 5x Corsair ML140 | Sound SB Z Retail | Storage Samsung 970 EVO 500GB
Display(s) Iiyama GB3461WQSU, Dell 24", LG 34UM95 | Keyboard Kinesis Freestyle Edge | Mouse Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum | OS Windows 11

7 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

We are 90 billion points ahead of them! But I agree, so tell your friends! 

I already posted it in my weeb page and group. Tomorrow when I go in to work, I am going to post it  in our corporate Social Media Platform

Cheers from the Border

We really appear to be overloading their work unit servers :)

Hardware & Programming Enthusiast - Creator of LAR_Systems "Folding@Home in the Dark" browser extension and GPU / CPU PPD Database. 

On 3/14/2020 at 1:08 AM, Livin said:

Does anyone know of any updates on folding on RX 5700 XT cards?  I upgraded towards the end of the last folding event and had troubles getting it to work for folding.  I fired it up today to see if it would work on its own but it's still not running any projects on the GPU with whatever I try.  It's stuck on "Download" has a waiting on status of "WS Assignment".  CPU is plugging away just fine though.

They was having prob;ems 6pm GMT as everyone is on this and crashing the servers. It should just fix itself if left on overnight thats what i did and been crunching while asleep

Just now, LAR_Systems said:

We really appear to be overloading their work unit servers :)

I think those are really good news. Basically there is not enough work to go around

Cheers from the Border

Guys as of last update we are 3rd best producing folding team in world, out producing EVGA and curecoin by a good margin, keep it up!!!

Tell your friends, your parents, your siblings, hell even tell your dog about Folding for Team LTT! Lets show the world what we can do! Let's get everyone involved!

image.thumb.png.c8a14fbd58227966267a70e21f9d6c8e.png

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

First time folder here, how do I know that my computer is folding for COVID 19?  I dont see a preference for that, just like "any disease", "cancer" etc.

6 minutes ago, borderman16 said:

I think those are really good news. Basically there is not enough work to go around

It's a double edged sword. 4/12 of my GPUs and 6/7 of my CPUs are stuck trying to download work and I have 7 Work Units (WUs) stuck as there are no Collection or Work Servers available to upload the results to.

The Folding at Home Server Status Page shows 3 of their Work Servers as "down"

FaH BOINC HfM

Bifrost - 6 GPU Folding Rig  Linux Folding HOWTO Folding Remote Access Folding GPU Profiling ToU Scheduling UPS

Systems:

desktop: Lian-Li O11 Air Mini; Asus ProArt x670 WiFi; Ryzen 9 7950x; EVGA 240 CLC; 4 x 32GB DDR5-5600; 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 500GB PCIe3 NVMe; 2 x 8TB NAS; AMD FirePro W4100; MSI 4070 Ti Super Ventus 2; Corsair SF750

nas1: Fractal Node 804; SuperMicro X10sl7-f; Xeon e3-1231v3; 4 x 8GB DDR3-1666 ECC; 2 x 250GB Samsung EVO Pro SSD; 7 x 4TB Seagate NAS; Corsair HX650i

nas2: Synology DS-123j; 2 x 6TB WD Red Plus NAS

nas3: Synology DS-224+; 2 x 12TB Seagate NAS

dcn01: Fractal Meshify S2; Gigabyte Aorus ax570 Master; Ryzen 9 5900x; Noctua NH-D15; 4 x 16GB DDR4-3200; 512GB NVMe; 2 x Zotac AMP 4070ti; Corsair RM750Mx

dcn02: Fractal Meshify S2; Gigabyte ax570 Pro WiFi; Ryzen 9 3950x; Noctua NH-D15; 2 x 16GB DDR4-3200; 128GB NVMe; 2 x Zotac AMP 4070ti; Corsair RM750x

dcn03: Fractal Meshify C; Gigabyte Aorus z370 Gaming 5; i9-9900k; BeQuiet! PureRock 2 Black; 2 x 8GB DDR4-2400; 128GB SATA m.2; MSI 4070 Ti Super Gaming X; MSI 4070 Ti Super Ventus 2; Corsair TX650m

dcn05: Fractal Define S; Gigabyte Aorus b450m; Ryzen 7 2700; AMD Wraith; 2 x 8GB DDR 4-3200; 128GB SATA NVMe; Gigabyte Gaming RTX 4080 Super; Corsair TX750m

dcn06: Fractal Focus G Mini; Gigabyte Aorus b450m; Ryzen 7 2700; AMD Wraith; 2 x 8GB DDR 4-3200; 128GB SSD; Gigabyte Gaming RTX 4080 Super; Corsair CX650m