Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GOTSpectrum

LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

 

 

Recommended Posts

That moment when you come back to FAH and realise that someone else has been folding under the same username as me in different teams xD


~~~SnapDragon~~~

| CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X @ PBO & -0.06v offset | CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 |RAM: 32GB G.Skill Flare X 3200MHz @ 3600MHz 1.45V| Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite  | Storage: Crucial MX300 500GB + Western Digital Blue M.2 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB + Western Digital 1TB Blue | Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix RTX 2070 Super Advanced 8G | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | PSU: Superflower Leadex Silver 650W |

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

@GOTSpectrum I'm not sure when, but we've surpassed LTT Folding Event 2019's viewership by 50% before the event's even started. And comments aernt far behind.

image.png.411760b5d2b7a276353c769ca7986edf.png

image.png.27414af19bd05c4dfe4c5253ec1993a4.png

All before the event's even officially started! We can most likely thank LTT for the dedicated video, as according to Mortis's data, new registrations are through the roof.

https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/10813-colonel_mortis/?status=259393&type=status


"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- RGB Build Post 2019 --- Project ITNOS --- P600S VS Define R6/S2

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage 1x Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX550M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Inkertus said:

What's the ETA on that?

On the GPU one? 9 hours and 34 minutes. Not fast but it's been running 24 hours/day for 2 days and completed 9 WU's which for how crap the PC is ...Basically I'm just happy to be helping.🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

@GOTSpectrum I'm not sure when, but we've surpassed LTT Folding Event 2019's viewership by 50% before the event's even started. And comments aernt far behind.

image.png.411760b5d2b7a276353c769ca7986edf.png

image.png.27414af19bd05c4dfe4c5253ec1993a4.png

All before the event's even officially started! We can most likely thank LTT for the dedicated video, as according to Mortis's data, new registrations are through the roof.

https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/10813-colonel_mortis/?status=259393&type=status

It happened not long after the vid tbh, but yeah it is amazing to see!


My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

 

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates
 

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

 

  • CPU
    Ryzen 7 1700 3GHz 8-Core Processor @ 4Ghz
  • Motherboard
    GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    DOMINATOR Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) @ 3400mhz
  • GPU
    Aorus GTX 1080 Waterforce
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    BenQ - XL2430(144hz), Dell 24" portrait
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

All before the event's even officially started! We can most likely thank LTT for the dedicated video, as according to Mortis's data, new registrations are through the roof.

The extremeoverclocking active user graph for the LTT team gives a pretty good representation of this...


Number of active users each day:
Active User History For LinusTechTips_Team


CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x8GB 3000MHz G.Skill Ripjaws 5 | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Corsair H100i AIO | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB | HDD: Seagate Ironwolf 8TB + 2x Seagate Ironwolf 6TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Link to post
Share on other sites

Also:

image.png.a1105f9ce43aa61ce949efc6cd5ff902.png


"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- RGB Build Post 2019 --- Project ITNOS --- P600S VS Define R6/S2

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage 1x Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX550M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Michael McChesney said:

My PC is folding with both my CPU (9900K) and GPU (RTX 2060) at the moment.  The GPU temps seem fine in the low to mid 60's.  But my CPU temps are in the low to mid 80's.  Every minute or two I am getting a warning from Windows that my CPU temperature has exceeded 81 or 82 or 83 or 84 degrees (it seems not to like temps in the 80's) and that prolonged use at this temperature can shorten its lifespan.  It appears that it will take a total of 30 minutes to complete the CPU WU and 90 minutes for the GPU WU.  The GPU WU seems much more important as it's estimated point value is 72,000 while the CPU unit is 3,300.  I don't care about the points.  I definitely overbuilt this PC for what I use it for and I am happy if some good comes from it.  But at the same I don't want to damage it.  

 

I tried taking off my side panels to help with cooling but it doesn't seem to have much effect on temps, I am guessing because it would have to be hotter to thermal throttle?  Should I be looking to to lower my CPU usage or looking to turn off/modify the Windows warnings?  After the CPU WU is done should I tell it to only use my GPU?  I don't want to damage my CPU for what might be (based on points anyway) less important work.  Or is there a way to tell the client only light CPU usage while go all out (or at least stay at medium) with the GPU?  I think that last one would be my preferred solution. Thanks for your help and advice.

How are you cooling your CPU?

Link to post
Share on other sites

prolly easy to script, if you have access, API call list of users, and just a if user not in list then = " what what" 


ICT professional, Addicted to PC

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, Technane said:

prolly easy to script, if you have access, API call list of users, and just a if user not in list then = " what what" 

No API access though...


My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

 

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates
 

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

 

  • CPU
    Ryzen 7 1700 3GHz 8-Core Processor @ 4Ghz
  • Motherboard
    GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    DOMINATOR Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) @ 3400mhz
  • GPU
    Aorus GTX 1080 Waterforce
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    BenQ - XL2430(144hz), Dell 24" portrait
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

No API access though...

If you have it in two files and its on windows its just a case of doing a

$file1 = Get-content c:\users.txt
$file2 = Get-content c:\forumusers.txt
compare-object $file1 $file2


ICT professional, Addicted to PC

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Technane said:

If you have it in two files and its on windows its just a case of doing a

$file1 = Get-content c:\users.txt
$file2 = Get-content c:\forumusers.txt
compare-object $file1 $file2

There is no way to pull a user list from the forum without administrator access or API key, nobody has either other than the forum admins.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Michael McChesney said:

My PC is folding with both my CPU (9900K) and GPU (RTX 2060) at the moment.  The GPU temps seem fine in the low to mid 60's.  But my CPU temps are in the low to mid 80's.  Every minute or two I am getting a warning from Windows that my CPU temperature has exceeded 81 or 82 or 83 or 84 degrees (it seems not to like temps in the 80's) and that prolonged use at this temperature can shorten its lifespan.  It appears that it will take a total of 30 minutes to complete the CPU WU and 90 minutes for the GPU WU.  The GPU WU seems much more important as it's estimated point value is 72,000 while the CPU unit is 3,300.  I don't care about the points.  I definitely overbuilt this PC for what I use it for and I am happy if some good comes from it.  But at the same I don't want to damage it.  

 

I tried taking off my side panels to help with cooling but it doesn't seem to have much effect on temps, I am guessing because it would have to be hotter to thermal throttle?  Should I be looking to to lower my CPU usage or looking to turn off/modify the Windows warnings?  After the CPU WU is done should I tell it to only use my GPU?  I don't want to damage my CPU for what might be (based on points anyway) less important work.  Or is there a way to tell the client only light CPU usage while go all out (or at least stay at medium) with the GPU?  I think that last one would be my preferred solution. Thanks for your help and advice.

If it was me, I'd just run half the cpu threads (quite easy to change). CPU's are much less efficient at folding anyhow. Don't risk your shiny new CPU. IMO anything over low 70's is not the best for 24/7 operation, and ideally you'd be in the 60's most of the time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, leadeater said:

There is no way to pull a user list from the forum without administrator access or API key, nobody has either other than the forum admins.

I'd ask if you can ask them for that info but no IT guy worth their stuff would hand that over.  Short of asking them to do that I don't immediately see a way around the restrictions.  Maybe a clicker macro with pixel-specific areas to click with a key to start/stop it when you need to scroll?  That way you have some level of automation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, leadeater said:

There is no way to pull a user list from the forum without administrator access or API key, nobody has either other than the forum admins.

Leadeater for Admin :ph34r:


"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- RGB Build Post 2019 --- Project ITNOS --- P600S VS Define R6/S2

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage 1x Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX550M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, leadeater said:

There is no way to pull a user list from the forum without administrator access or API key, nobody has either other than the forum admins.

And to be honest: I think thats good as it is. Yes it was and is much work... but data security and privacy is important!

Thats not against anyone of us. BUT its good to keep this level of access to as little people as needed and as manny as needed ;)


HELP the LTT F@H TEAM FIGHT COVID-19!! Its easy: 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah yep interesting, every other forum I use has a public member list but not here...


F@H
Desktop: i7-5960X 4.4GHz, Noctua NH-D14, ASUS Rampage V, 32GB, RTX2080S, 2TB NVMe SSD, 2x16TB HDD RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Thermaltake Overseer RX1, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB NVMe SSD RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

 

Dell XPS 2 in 1 2019, 32GB, 1TB, 4K

 

GPD Win 2

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there somewhere else I need to post to validate my identity (MikeMc10458), or was posting here enough?

 

I noticed that if I set my power to light, it does reduce my CPU temps to about 70, but my GPU stops completely until my PC is at idle.  Is there a way to set my GPU at medium power while keeping my CPU at light?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

Ah yep interesting, every other forum I use has a public member list but not here...

https://linustechtips.com/main/online/


"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- RGB Build Post 2019 --- Project ITNOS --- P600S VS Define R6/S2

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage 1x Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX550M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Michael McChesney said:

Is there somewhere else I need to post to validate my identity (MikeMc10458), or was posting here enough?

 

I noticed that if I set my power to light, it does reduce my CPU temps to about 70, but my GPU stops completely until my PC is at idle.  Is there a way to set my GPU at medium power while keeping my CPU at light?

As long as you have entered in the google form and validated in in the list your all set!

Question: Not that I am aware of. Maybe you can try to reduce the thread count on the CPU slot


HELP the LTT F@H TEAM FIGHT COVID-19!! Its easy: 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Michael McChesney said:

Is there somewhere else I need to post to validate my identity (MikeMc10458), or was posting here enough?

 

I noticed that if I set my power to light, it does reduce my CPU temps to about 70, but my GPU stops completely until my PC is at idle.  Is there a way to set my GPU at medium power while keeping my CPU at light?

You'll need to adjust the core # it is allowed to use under config > slots > CPU > edit > cpus [smaller # you want set] in the advanced control window.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, Michael McChesney said:

I have a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Air Cooler

Well theres your problem 


My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

 

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates
 

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

 

  • CPU
    Ryzen 7 1700 3GHz 8-Core Processor @ 4Ghz
  • Motherboard
    GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    DOMINATOR Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) @ 3400mhz
  • GPU
    Aorus GTX 1080 Waterforce
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    BenQ - XL2430(144hz), Dell 24" portrait
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240
Link to post
Share on other sites

well Hrmm I spend my life in API's (Containerisation FTW) not a fan of any manual validation lol but infosec rules and agree this info should not be available to anyone outside of admins / owners 

 


ICT professional, Addicted to PC

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.


×