Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GOTSpectrum

LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

5 minutes ago, Gekido said:

Got a question, this morning it was folding for like 3 hours and LMG got them points, however not the GPU has status ready but I can't let it run again. Am I doing something wrong, I forget something?

As has been said before. Because there are so many (new) folders helping out. The F@H servers can't keep up or there are just not enough WU available. So be patience.

If you want to do something in the meanwhile. Check out BOINC they have projects like Rosetta@Home that also work on the covit-19 virus. Or many other science projects!

3 hours ago, 42thgamer said:

As has been said before. Because there are so many (new) folders helping out. The F@H servers can't keep up or there are just not enough WU available. So be patience.

If you want to do something in the meanwhile. Check out BOINC they have projects like Rosetta@Home that also work on the covit-19 virus. Or many other science projects!

thanks bro, good explanation and i just wanted to double check this FAH newb didn't forget something.... Patience is a virtue

Lost a load of my points somehow, although not too bothered as were not really doing it for the points anyway.

But what I am wondering about is my latest wu. It says it's a high priority CPU project, but running on my gpu whats that all about?Untitled.jpg.29eb55a779426c2532028738d8296b3d.jpg

Just now, ultra99 said:

These are my stats now. I see it's only utilizing my cpu. How can I do both cpu and gpu?

You need to add the GPU into a slot. 

From the advance control -> Configure -> Slots -> Add -> GPU. Leaving everything in the default should be okay. 

Aorus X570 Master | Ryzen 3900X | Aorus RTX 2080 Ti Extreme | G.Skill Trident Z 64GB 3200 MHz  CL14
1 minute ago, ultra99 said:

These are my stats now. I see it's only utilizing my cpu. How can I do both cpu and gpu?

What graphics card do you have? It should automatically detect and add any supported graphics cards.
Go to Configure > Slots and add a new GPU slot.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x8GB 3000MHz G.Skill Ripjaws 5 | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Corsair H100i AIO | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB | HDD: Seagate Ironwolf 8TB + 2x Seagate Ironwolf 6TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

43 minutes ago, Marbo said:

It says it's a high priority CPU project, but running on my gpu whats that all about?

Description just hasn't been updated.

F@H
Desktop: i7-5960X 4.4GHz, Noctua NH-D14, ASUS Rampage V, 32GB, RTX2080S, 2TB NVMe SSD, 2x16TB HDD RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Thermaltake Overseer RX1, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB NVMe SSD RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Dell XPS 2 in 1 2019, 32GB, 1TB, 4K

GPD Win 2

3 minutes ago, Rbleattler said:

Been almost two days since I got a WU assignment on my primary rig (Ryzen 3900x / 5700 XT)

Yeah we are so many that most don't get WUs unless you spam pause/unpause in the client if you really feel like folding.

Something I don't understand (i bet it already has been asked here though) is that it always tells me "Estimated points 115667" or a similar high number and then i don't get it at all, or way lower... any ideas why that happens?

Posted · Original PosterOP

Finally read through all the post, phew!

I overslept today, whoops, woke to my room being 32C I guess been a nice steady WU flow over night.

2.4 billion in the last 24 hours! 

Also last week was Team LTTs highest ever production, go team!

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 7 1700 3GHz 8-Core Processor @ 4Ghz
  • Motherboard
    GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    DOMINATOR Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) @ 3400mhz
  • GPU
    Aorus GTX 1080 Waterforce
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    BenQ - XL2430(144hz), Dell 24" portrait
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

God damn it! Got a juicy 169K project, and it's a damn 11758 one. Server is not accepting it, and it's degrading again in point value.

Seems they still have fixed that work servers.

5820K 4.0GHz | NH D15S | 32 GB RAM | Titan V + 2060S | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

15 minutes ago, ThatExceptionThough said:

Something I don't understand (i bet it already has been asked here though) is that it always tells me "Estimated points 115667" or a similar high number and then i don't get it at all, or way lower... any ideas why that happens?

read FAQ :) points take some time to appear. if you have less than 10 WU done you get less points, if you don't have passkey - you get less points. estimated points personaly are quite accurate but if you stuck on uploading WU, you loose some points 

All entries as of 0330 last night have been validated, a full list will be posted later on today but names that failed validation have been posted in a list now.

May I just remind you that if a correction hasn't been posted by the first blog of the event, (Day One) then you will not be included in the event at all!

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
  • Motherboard
    GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

I'm actually quite amazed so many have been validated, over 7k validated by hand so far. 

I'm also quite amazing at how few dodgy sign up's we have had for once. 

• CPU
  • Motherboard
    GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

My PC is folding with both my CPU (9900K) and GPU (RTX 2060) at the moment.  The GPU temps seem fine in the low to mid 60's.  But my CPU temps are in the low to mid 80's.  Every minute or two I am getting a warning from Windows that my CPU temperature has exceeded 81 or 82 or 83 or 84 degrees (it seems not to like temps in the 80's) and that prolonged use at this temperature can shorten its lifespan.  It appears that it will take a total of 30 minutes to complete the CPU WU and 90 minutes for the GPU WU.  The GPU WU seems much more important as it's estimated point value is 72,000 while the CPU unit is 3,300.  I don't care about the points.  I definitely overbuilt this PC for what I use it for and I am happy if some good comes from it.  But at the same I don't want to damage it.  

I tried taking off my side panels to help with cooling but it doesn't seem to have much effect on temps, I am guessing because it would have to be hotter to thermal throttle?  Should I be looking to to lower my CPU usage or looking to turn off/modify the Windows warnings?  After the CPU WU is done should I tell it to only use my GPU?  I don't want to damage my CPU for what might be (based on points anyway) less important work.  Or is there a way to tell the client only light CPU usage while go all out (or at least stay at medium) with the GPU?  I think that last one would be my preferred solution. Thanks for your help and advice.

Bit late of a reply on this one as I require sleep unlike half of you people here. :P

Not at all!  4 hours seems reasonable, I've (personally) seen Work Units that are expected to take between 1-2 days on older pentiums and celerons.

Try a GT 710 I mistakenly thought was enough to do anything.  It accepted the jobs as it could, but is isn't a good idea.  Same job on my 710 (before removal) took 2.5-5.5 days vs < 8 hrs on my GTX 1070.  Sucker got hot on that passive heatsink without a case fan too!

8 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

All entries as of 0330 last night have been validated, a full list will be posted later on today but names that failed validation have been posted in a list now.

May I just remind you that if a correction hasn't been posted by the first blog of the event, (Day One) then you will not be included in the event at all!

I want to make sure I'm validated. Will the list be posted here?

Just now, ultra99 said:

I want to make sure I'm validated. Will the list be posted here?

The list will be posted on the blog like all the other lists have been

• CPU
  • Motherboard
    GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

What exactly does it mean to be validated?  Is that a question of matching forum name to folding identity?   For what it's worth my folding identity is MikeMc10458.  I do want LTT to get credit for any points I earn.  I am going to turn my usage down to light though as my PC picked up another CPU WU right away.  This one has a 90 minute estimated time and I don't want another 90 minutes of pop up warnings (not to mention potential damage).  Is there a way to set my GPU to work harder than the CPU?

Just now, Spawnholio said:

Doing alright for a 6 year old system with a laptop GPU. 🙃

ltt.png

What's the ETA on that?

1 minute ago, Michael McChesney said:

What exactly does it mean to be validated?  Is that a question of matching forum name to folding identity?   For what it's worth my folding identity is MikeMc10458.  I do want LTT to get credit for any points I earn.  I am going to turn my usage down to light though as my PC picked up another CPU WU right away.  This one has a 90 minute estimated time and I don't want another 90 minutes of pop up warnings (not to mention potential damage).  Is there a way to set my GPU to work harder than the CPU?

Basically mens we have confirmed the LTT forum user exists.

Just now, leadeater said:

Good news, I can script that now. Am I too late? 🤣

Maybe a little... only like seven thousand entries or so too late... not like it has been literally 40-50 hours of work or anything... 

• CPU
  • Motherboard
    GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage