Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GOTSpectrum

LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

Found an old hard drive a few weeks ago that struck a notsalgia nerve so I started a windows 2000 build for some old school gaming. Now FaH is showing up in my feed?? It's like 2002 all over again! Just joined the team and setup a rig to fold. 

@Metallus97

i have entered the team id i am now just awaiting a passkey then i will be fully up and running

thank you for your help 

El psy congroo out

Untitled.jpg

El Psy Congroo out!

Folding since 15/03/20

Rig specs

Mobo - crosshair hero 7

Ram -  trident z 3400

Processor- Ryzen 7 2700x @ 4.1 Ghz

Graphics card - Gigabyte 1080 TI

Posted · Original PosterOP
4 minutes ago, leadeater said:

I have fixed the links and removed the Chrome App, that got discontinued. Did a bit of a tidy up but @GOTSpectrum (or someone else) basically needs to write up a new post that is up to date and cleaner/clearer, either as a new topic or I'll edit/replace the existing one.

Me and @yaboistar are working on a updated FAQ set up guide. It just has been put on the back burner with the event coming up.

The OP will be edited today, it was thrown together so that we could get the event started and thus get a WAN shout out in place ASAP.

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 7 1700 3GHz 8-Core Processor @ 4Ghz
  • Motherboard
    GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    DOMINATOR Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) @ 3400mhz
  • GPU
    Aorus GTX 1080 Waterforce
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    BenQ - XL2430(144hz), Dell 24" portrait
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240
2 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Just FYI what they linked had zero to do with this event, that is why you are confused. They dropped the ball then kicked it away by mistake bending down to pick it up, pretty epic fail.

I don't watch WAN show. It's bad (in my opinion).

I do watch TechLinked. So that was prepared. Although it was The Worst Facial Hair Decision Guy dropping it so I guess it was kinda unprepared too.

By the way I really do appreciate your work. All of you. Especially those dumb enough to put their personal time in instructions, guides and everything. Most of what I did in my life was for non-profit and I gained mostly complaints. I still love it, I'm sure you love it too. Keep up the good work. 🙂

1 minute ago, El_Psy_CoNGR00 said:

@Metallus97

i have entered the team id i am now just awaiting a passkey then i will be fully up and running

thank you for your help 

El psy congroo out

-snip-

Verry nice! But mind that there is a WU shortage at the moment. If you want and have the time also download BOIC and do some rosetta or something like that untill you get the next F@H units. This helps also in fighting COVID.

HELP the LTT F@H TEAM FIGHT COVID-19!! Its easy: 

GUYS!!!

So the event has blown up far larger than anticipated and unfortunately many of the usual guys who are involved with folding events are not available, I am asking for anyone with decent knowledge and experience of spread-sheeting to let me know if you can help me out.

You will need to be available 00:00 GMT for the days of the event. 

EDIT: Please be aware that this event has been rushed through, we usually have weeks of planning and testing involved with an event of this size so bare with me as I try to rally the troops and get some hands on deck to help me out. In the meantime @Metallus97 is working on an FAQ to help out and I will be reworking the OP tonight.

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
  • Motherboard
    GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

We have just passed 750 sign-ups for the event!

Thank you everyone for your interest!

• CPU
  • Motherboard
    GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240
4 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

We have just passed 750 sign-ups for the event!

Thank you everyone for your interest!

Hope the WU shortage is fixed untill we start :D

Although a WU shortage is a very good thing to happen!

And Damen Idd love to help but sadly I have to study hard because on info when the exams will start because everything is on hold right now in my country but I still work most nights..

I can maybe help on some days or with different tasks... doing my best to do F@H  install and error fixing support here so you guys can manage the event itself!

4 minutes ago, Metallus97 said:

So are you on a Vega card? Depending on what changes with the compute setting this can happen. F@H is optimized for Gaming GPUs since that is what most peeps have in their systems.

i've ran several projects on the CPU as well, so perhaps this is showing the combined value? I'm surprised myself, as the list online shows RX 580 is supposed to do 330k. 

Optimizing for Gaming is good thinking

image.thumb.png.f9404d8cbb1802f0227431a9bcfdc93b.png

12 hours ago, Metallus97 said:

Yes! But dont overdue it! A 100% stable system is worth much more than one thats a bit faster but crashes from time time. A crashed system is a a loss of time and b cloud lead to a WU failing. A failed WU will have to be resend to someone else for a second try.

Thats why I suggest: If you want to OC your folding box do it CAREFULLY! This is even more important for GPU folding!

Absolutely! Looking just at the team 0 (everybody without a team given) the production did rise to a extend of 8x what is was before the COVID stuf. https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/team_summary.php?s=&t=0

yeha now that can take a few hours. Start folding anyway but mid to input the key as soon as you get it!

No. Whats your configuration and are your drivers up to date? 

Checked all of my drivers are up to date and reinstalled the client, no change.  just loaded the client on my other machine exact same 50% load.

Main machine;

image.thumb.png.7b0d5dc17b1028ef5120a786f4bcb5ea.png

2 minutes ago, thomas2000 said:

i've ran several projects on the CPU as well, so perhaps this is showing the combined value? I'm surprised myself, as the list online shows RX 580 is supposed to do 330k. 

Optimizing for Gaming is good thinking

-snip-

PPD is also dependent on the specific project you are doing. Also "accurate" PPD readings can be expected after a few work units being done in a row without breaks between them. That cant be done atm due to the shortage!

Anyone having issues with the web client constantly refreshing? The desktop client is running as it should.

2 minutes ago, NikPev said:

Checked all of my drivers are up to date and reinstalled the client, no change.  just loaded the client on my other machine exact same 50% load.

Main machine;

-snip-

50% being shown in taskmgr?

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Nology said:

Anyone having issues with the web client constantly refreshing? The desktop client is running as it should.

yup! Please try clearing your cache and cookies etc...

EDIT: Better way: use incognito mode for accessing it.

THX to @GOTSpectrum it was his idea, but wanted to eddit it i here so peeps see that better!

Edited by Metallus97

12 hours ago, AngryBeaver said:

Depends on several things.  You should have one free cpu core per gpu. I generally have 2 cores that do not fold. One for background OS and one for gpu.

If you do have atleast one reserved for gpu, then it could just be the particular work unit. If you see it consistently then it could be your gpu is running at a lesser power state. A quick google will tell you how to resolve that. Lastly, it could just be a CPU bottleneck.

Thanks for the reply Beaver,  I dropped the threads to 16 from 23 to test if the cpu was getting in the way but no change.  I had a play with the power targets of the GPU (its currently not overclocked) and no change

6 minutes ago, Metallus97 said:

doing my best to do F@H  install and error fixing support here so you guys can manage the event itself!

I very much appreciate that man, as for 'you guys' For the most part it is just me for the time being with this event, I have had a few people offer help but having over 25 DMs to reply to it's going to tkae time to find out if anyone has the skills required. We will see. 

• CPU
  • Motherboard
    GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240
1 minute ago, Metallus97 said:

yup! Please try clearing your cache and cookies etc...

I find the best way to deal with this is just to use incognito mode btw

• CPU
  • Motherboard
    GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240
13 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

GUYS!!!

So the event has blown up far larger than anticipated and unfortunately many of the usual guys who are involved with folding events are not available, I am asking for anyone with decent knowledge and experience of spread-sheeting to let me know if you can help me out.

You will need to be available 00:00 GMT for the days of the event. 

I might be able to help @GOTSpectrum

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

1 minute ago, GOTSpectrum said:

I very much appreciate that man, as for 'you guys' For the most part it is just me for the time being with this event, I have had a few people offer help but having over 25 DMs to reply to it's going to tkae time to find out if anyone has the skills required. We will see. 

Roger that,

I can maybe offer to write a litte FAQ for the event, because many questions being asked here are the same type of question but the thread is blowing up so fast that peeps with a question wont find their answer...

1 minute ago, techydipity said:

I might be able to help @GOTSpectrum

Drop me a DM!

• CPU
  • Motherboard
    GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage