LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

2 minutes ago, NikPev said:

Checked all of my drivers are up to date and reinstalled the client, no change.  just loaded the client on my other machine exact same 50% load.

Main machine;

-snip-

50% being shown in taskmgr?

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

6 minutes ago, Nology said:

Anyone having issues with the web client constantly refreshing? The desktop client is running as it should.

yup! Please try clearing your cache and cookies etc...

EDIT: Better way: use incognito mode for accessing it.

THX to @GOTSpectrum it was his idea, but wanted to eddit it i here so peeps see that better!

Edited by Metallus97

12 hours ago, AngryBeaver said:

Depends on several things.  You should have one free cpu core per gpu. I generally have 2 cores that do not fold. One for background OS and one for gpu.

If you do have atleast one reserved for gpu, then it could just be the particular work unit. If you see it consistently then it could be your gpu is running at a lesser power state. A quick google will tell you how to resolve that. Lastly, it could just be a CPU bottleneck.

Thanks for the reply Beaver,  I dropped the threads to 16 from 23 to test if the cpu was getting in the way but no change.  I had a play with the power targets of the GPU (its currently not overclocked) and no change

6 minutes ago, Metallus97 said:

doing my best to do F@H  install and error fixing support here so you guys can manage the event itself!

I very much appreciate that man, as for 'you guys' For the most part it is just me for the time being with this event, I have had a few people offer help but having over 25 DMs to reply to it's going to tkae time to find out if anyone has the skills required. We will see. 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 minute ago, Metallus97 said:

50% being shown in taskmgr?

yep.

1 minute ago, Metallus97 said:

yup! Please try clearing your cache and cookies etc...

I find the best way to deal with this is just to use incognito mode btw

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

13 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

GUYS!!!

So the event has blown up far larger than anticipated and unfortunately many of the usual guys who are involved with folding events are not available, I am asking for anyone with decent knowledge and experience of spread-sheeting to let me know if you can help me out.

You will need to be available 00:00 GMT for the days of the event. 

I might be able to help @GOTSpectrum

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

1 minute ago, GOTSpectrum said:

I very much appreciate that man, as for 'you guys' For the most part it is just me for the time being with this event, I have had a few people offer help but having over 25 DMs to reply to it's going to tkae time to find out if anyone has the skills required. We will see. 

Roger that,

I can maybe offer to write a litte FAQ for the event, because many questions being asked here are the same type of question but the thread is blowing up so fast that peeps with a question wont find their answer...

1 minute ago, techydipity said:

I might be able to help @GOTSpectrum

Drop me a DM!

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Just now, Metallus97 said:

Roger that,

I can maybe offer to write a litte FAQ for the event, because many questions being asked here are the same type of question but the thread is blowing up so fast that peeps with a question wont find their answer...

Sure, hit me with a DM.

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Okay guys, My CPU gets 9k points per day. That means I need to be on your team for 50 days... Wowzer... 

15 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

We have just passed 750 sign-ups for the event!

Thank you everyone for your interest!

CostlyDiligentArmyant-size_restricted.gif

ESL Profile: https://play.eslgaming.com/player/2432327/

F@H Profile: https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=847206

Old System:                                                                 Current System :

i7-3770k + Cooler Master Hyper 212                           i9 9900k + Noctua NH-D15

Gigabyte Z77M-D3H                                                    Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Master

Evga Geforce GTX 970 SC                                          GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING OC (F@H OC +70core/+580 mem)

HyperX FURY Red 16GB  DDR3 1600                        Corsair Vengeance  LPX 2x16GB DDR4 3200

bequiet PURE POWER 600W 80+ bronze                  Corsair RM 650x 80+ gold

Samsung 850 Evo 120 GB + 1TB HDD                       Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500GB 

Thermaltake Level 20 MT ARGB 

Daily meme to spread awareness of the LTT  Community vs. Covid-19 F@H event

simpson meme.jpg

F@H Profile: https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=847206

Old System:                                                                 Current System :

i7-3770k + Cooler Master Hyper 212                           i9 9900k + Noctua NH-D15

Gigabyte Z77M-D3H                                                    Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Master

Evga Geforce GTX 970 SC                                          GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING OC (F@H OC +70core/+580 mem)

HyperX FURY Red 16GB  DDR3 1600                        Corsair Vengeance  LPX 2x16GB DDR4 3200

Samsung 850 Evo 120 GB + 1TB HDD                       Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500GB 

1 minute ago, Kenpachi1985 said:

CostlyDiligentArmyant-size_restricted.gif

And the great, honorable continues he's never ending task of spreading the good word of the proteins with his moving pictures of obscure unrelated content. Please, take my thanks, for you task is long and your journey plagued with many adversaries. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

26 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

You will need to be available 00:00 GMT for the days of the event. 

PM me want needs to be done, once I get a good idea I'll let you know if I can help. Being GMT+12/+13 I should be perfect for it, no time better than lunch time.

Anyone having issues not getting their Passkey emails? I've tried on 3 different email accounts and i've not gotten one. 

CPU: i7 9700k
GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 Super XC Ultra
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Tempered Glass edition
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200
Storage: Crucial MX500 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Cooling: NZXT Kraken X52
PSU: EVGA 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply
Keyboard: Corsair K68 RGB
Mouse: Steelseries Rival 310
Display: Pixo PX329
--------Audio--------
Headphones: Beredynamic DT 770 Studio Headphones
Monitors: Mackie CR3 Multimedia Monitors
Audio Interface: Scarlett 2i2
Microphone: Audio Technica AT-2020 (XLR version)

Just now, PinyapVEVO said:

Anyone having issues not getting their Passkey emails? I've tried on 3 different email accounts and i've not gotten one. 

Yes, a lot of people are currently waiting on passkeys and workunits. The F@H team is working on it sicne they get overwhelmed by support and their servers have constant hickups.

18 minutes ago, Metallus97 said:

PPD is also dependent on the specific project you are doing. Also "accurate" PPD readings can be expected after a few work units being done in a row without breaks between them. That cant be done atm due to the shortage!

Yup, definitely true. for a moment it was showing over 1M :D:D:D

11 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

And the great, honorable continues he's never ending task of spreading the good word of the proteins with his moving pictures of obscure unrelated content. Please, take my thanks, for you task is long and your journey plagued with many adversaries. 

Personally I'm offended, as the previous meme overlord I object to my title being taken. @Kenpachi1985 meme to the death at dawn.

18 minutes ago, fangfufu said:

Okay guys, My CPU gets 9k points per day. That means I need to be on your team for 50 days... Wowzer... 

Every bit helps. As long as your CPU finishes the Workunit (WU) before its time limit its A-OK.

Just now, Kenpachi1985 said:

Every bit helps. As long as your CPU finishes the Workunit (WU) before its time limit its A-OK.

Of course. I have been running FAH in the last 10 years. I never expect to get anything back, other than the satisfaction that I get more out of my hardware investment. In the last few years, I had been with Team Curecoin. Because you get some Curecoins for folding - it is a cryptocurrency. I have literally joined LinusTechTip forum and team for the competition / event. I just hope my points are enough for joining the competition, but if not, I don't really mind. 

My CPU is doing great (17k-20k points per day) but my GPU is only idling and whenever it does start it resets after a few minuntes (GTX 770).

Are there just not many WUs for GPUs around at the moment?

Is it ok to run a vpn on my machine whilst folding? As i'm using my 1 and rig to fold.  i don't know if if it will have an affect on the wu's or not

just an after thought i had.

EL PSY CONGROO OUT

El Psy Congroo out!

Folding since 15/03/20

Rig specs

Mobo - crosshair hero 7

Ram -  trident z 3400

Processor- Ryzen 7 2700x @ 4.1 Ghz

Graphics card - Gigabyte 1080 TI