LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

3 minutes ago, Tad Bittoomuch said:

This is because the F@H servers are being bombarded with requests for new Work Units, there isn't enough to go around.

Also your GPU won't fold unless you have the folding power setting set to at least medium or high.

Thank you!

2 minutes ago, Rune said:

Needs rgb circa geocities style.

How long have you been folding Rune?

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Just now, GOTSpectrum said:

How long have you been folding Rune?

On and off for about 7 years with a few different teams. Bounced between b@h and ks.renai and CrCn. Though, mostly during winter. Life kinda sucks folding during the summer months here. Something like 50m points overall.

I'm so happy that I can be a part of this effort and join all you fine people in the fight.  Stay health, and stay safe everyone <3

1 minute ago, Rune said:

On and off for about 7 years with a few different teams. Bounced between b@h and ks.renai and CrCn. Though, mostly during winter. Life kinda sucks folding during the summer months here. Something like 50m points overall.

Not bad, I know what you mean about folding during summer. during the summer folding sprint last year I hit over 40C here.... was not fun...

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Hi, today finally I got some WUs. But my processor was at 100% and 95 degrees celsius, so I had to reduce the amout of threads. Also, for some reason my GPU is doing nothing.

image.thumb.png.536f8731ba728f9fbf75d5dffaad050c.png

2 minutes ago, Victor Viquez said:

Hi, today finally I got some WUs. But my processor was at 100% and 95 degrees celsius, so I had to reduce the amout of threads. Also, for some reason my GPU is doing nothing.

image.thumb.png.536f8731ba728f9fbf75d5dffaad050c.png

your gpu just hasn't been assigned a task by the servers yet

Server status :- all servers are online, 

140.163.4.231 - Just been brought back online. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

5 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Not bad, I know what you mean about folding during summer. during the summer folding sprint last year I hit over 40C here.... was not fun...

Used to fold with a 9800m. 700 points a day....herk. How far things have come.

For some reason I can't use the web page as seen here. It just keeps flickering. If I use the advance control it's running just fine. Is this a common issue and will it affect anything?

All these people not seeing/reading the giant blue box and/or looking for a F.A.Q. is giving me serious helpdesk P.T.S.D., I think I'll have to take a break from this thread soon....

On Topic:

Broke 1mio Points for Team LTT :D

Spoiler

d1dIdTA.png

Just now, DeathCyeth said:

For some reason I can't use the web page as seen here. It just keeps flickering. If I use the advance control it's running just fine. Is this a common issue and will it affect anything?

Are you using chrome? Have you read the giant blue box at the top?

1 minute ago, DeathCyeth said:

Chrome is not super friendly to the UI. Advanced control is better anyway.

1 minute ago, SpiritWrath said:

All these people not seeing/reading the giant blue box and/or looking for a F.A.Q. is giving me serious helpdesk P.T.S.D., I think I'll have to take a break from this thread soon....

Just now, SpiritWrath said:

Are you using chrome? Have you read the giant blue box at the top?

Lol.

This is a common issue if you use Chrome.  The temporary fix is to use http://localhost:7396 or incognito mode (both in Chrome) or use a different browser such as Edge or Firefox.

I had the same problem, I fixed it using Chrome and opening Web Developers tools, that allows you to hold press the Refresh button on the browser and hit "Empty Cache and Hard Reload".

Just now, Sl0mar said:

First time folder here, excited to be contributing as best as I can!

Welcome to the team!!!

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Just now, Rune said:

Chrome is not super friendly to the UI. Advanced control is better anyway.

Lol.

Yea I'm using chrome lol and for the past 2 days I have been running it I have just been using the advance control

Been slowly ramping up the gtx 1080 the past few days.

I am still in debate if i should go full 24/7 once the event begins, as i did with the previous two folding months. This time i only have the gtx 1080, sold the 2060 and the 2080TI.

9 minutes ago, HeavenlyBorks said:

I'll join the event! I don't have much, but it's something :) 

ppd.png

same system as me by the looks of it :)

54 minutes ago, Rune said:

Read the giant blue box at the top of the page.

sorry wasnt sure if this is one of the 2 cases secified in ther or a separate issue related to config for example as the log entry seems to specify >> No WUs available for this configuration

6 hours ago, Den-Fi said:

image.png.2e4ac8a63e00f6f4bc6b7b3cb404ecdd.png

Woohoo! Almost everything has a WU.

no way you're actually doing 14mil points. Is that how much ltt does? What kind of job do you have lmao.

3 minutes ago, Lordofcheez said:

no way you're actually doing 14mil points. Is that how much ltt does? What kind of job do you have lmao.

I would say it's not "that hard" to get a PPD of 14m with 7 systems, especially if some of those are Multi-GPU machines.

You have to remember, those 14m are an estimate, not the actual amount of points he will get at the end of the day.

1 hour ago, Papa Linus said:

I'm new to forums and folding at home and I'm not sure if I'm doing it right. I just signed up for the LTT forum and my goto user name was used so I went with Papa Linus but my user name for Folding at home is Pyrokarma both email address to both accounts are the same and Im on the Ltt folding team. I was just wondering am I doing it right? I want to do my part for the world and for the team...  but if I can get some prizes that makes this quarantine here in Kentucky a little less painful. I would appreciate any advise or feed back. I'm just a Noob trying to be part of something. Please help.    

Hey Papa! I am originally from Indiana! You're doin' good. It's easier than you think! Follow those instructions they pointed you to and also check out all the other tips about whether to use only your GPU and if you wanna fold only when you're idle. Send me a DM if you have some questions and I'll be happy to buddy-up and advise you! STAY HEALTHY!!!