LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

5 minutes ago, Greenbell7 said:

Got my Password yesterday and am now fully in this folding thing. Because I live in Florida and the AC is broken I'm running on light mode. However, when it is fixed I'll contribute all the power my desktops i9 has to offer.

Ooooooooof, hope you get that AC fixed soon! I used to live in a Dorm in Arizona and the AC went out on us one day (each room had its own AC compressor). That was an absolutely horrible 2 nights, I don't think I ran my PC at all those days which sucked because the school was basically all online.

The folding at home web client is in an infinite refresh cycle for me does anyone know a fix?

3 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

YES!!!!

Folding on 7/7 slots!

Nice, I have 2 out of 2 free...

And have a WU I havn't been able to upload for over 4 days now...

Any ideas to fix it? I already tried reupdating and restaring the program and my computer...

Just now, Yubel124 said:

The folding at home web client is in an infinite refresh cycle for me does anyone know a fix?

Read the blue message at the top of the page... 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 minute ago, Yubel124 said:

Try opening it in another browser (just copy the url). Or open the advanced control.

7 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

No don't worry about it, I dont mean anything bad by it. Nice to know we are in 4th for the month so far!

And that was with a late surge

24 minutes ago, Akima said:

10 out of the 20 rigs running and configured.

We've got about 2/3 months worth of runway left until things go south for us. Whilst clients are failing or scaling back operations completely, we might as well go down throwing everything we have at this cause.

240 cores, 480 threads. Lets see what that does!

Only problem now is the WU bottleneck - is there are way to configure the client to check for WU more often? It seems every time it checks and fails, it waits even longer.

Unfortunately not without DDOSing the FAH servers. You could also run Rosetta@Home at the same time as they are CPU only work units and are running COVID-19 WUs right now. They have a decent amount of work units available.

Just now, 42thgamer said:

Try opening it in another browser (just copy the url). Or open the advanced control.

Well, there could be an issue with "Open the advanced control". I've noticed a bug where, in some cases, if web control wont open the tray icon also will not appear. I'm not sure what brings the bug out because it hasn't happened to me in a while but when I was just starting I was having major issues not being able to get into F@H in any capacity.

Web control can be opened in Incognito mode (when in a chrome window, Ctrl + Shift + N), or using a different browser.

Finally after 2 straight days my 1080ti can put some work in.

6 minutes ago, Crabbular said:

I don't think I experienced this under Windows, it might be something with OpenCL.

Does it run on OpenGL on Windows? 

Yes, as far as I know. 

11 minutes ago, LordKitsune said:

Ooooooooof, hope you get that AC fixed soon! I used to live in a Dorm in Arizona and the AC went out on us one day (each room had its own AC compressor). That was an absolutely horrible 2 nights, I don't think I ran my PC at all those days which sucked because the school was basically all online.

Yeah me too.

15 minutes ago, Crabbular said:

I don't think I experienced this under Windows, it might be something with OpenCL.

Does it run on OpenGL on Windows? 

I was wrong. Its openCL

2 minutes ago, Greenbell7 said:

Yeah me too.

Ice in a bag that will allow airflow (might I suggest a sock) through, make 3 or 4 of em, put em on the back of a fan and point it at yourself. Make sure to have something to catch the water though or you'll have a mess.

(I live in kentucky, grew up in the poorest part of it, so I know all about jerry rigging stuff.)

24 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

YES!!!!

Folding on 7/7 slots!

Now set it to request for new WUs at early so they are already downloaded and ready to go when it's finished. That is if you haven't already done that lol...

I did and I have not had any down time whatsoever.

Just now, Dylanc1500 said:

Now set it to request for new WUs at early so they are already downloaded and ready to go when it's finished. That is if you haven't already done that lol...

I did and I have not had any down time whatsoever.

Quite the opposite, I have mine set to grab them last min to maximise QRB points

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Just now, GOTSpectrum said:

Quite the opposite, I have mine set to grab them last min to maximise QRB points

I haven't noticed any change in the points for me.

Just now, Dylanc1500 said:

I haven't noticed any change in the points for me.

QRB point get shaved off by 2 or 4 points per tick, so you have to be watching pretty closely (with nothing changing on your computer besides F@H) to really notice it

12 minutes ago, SCSI15 said:

I was wrong. Its openCL

I guess, you tell me? 

Anyone else seen this on Windows?

When running a GPU WU only, one CPU core is pinned at 100%

1 minute ago, Crabbular said:

I guess, you tell me? 

Yeah, thats why you leave a thread free. 

It isn't actually doing any work, its mostly just pinging memory addresses. If you look at temps on the core it isnt actually producing all that much heat 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

3 minutes ago, LordKitsune said:

QRB point get shaved off by 2 or 4 points per tick, so you have to be watching pretty closely (with nothing changing on your computer besides F@H) to really notice it

Good to know, I wasn't aware of that. However, I haven't had any decrease it the average points per unit, it's actually increased. Due to that though, my total per day has increased by about 20 percent.

Jake has just realised we crushed PCMR, lol, bless 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

31 minutes ago, Yubel124 said:

When mine did that I had to reboot then e every thing was fine.

2 minutes ago, Crabbular said:

I guess, you tell me? 

image.png.b007ac4d2a157dd62b8321b2e72dd1e9.png

Guys... I have a problem with a server.
I get this error message from this server everytime...
"16:36:41:WU01:FS01:Assigned to work server 40.114.52.201
16:36:41:WU01:FS01:Requesting new work unit for slot 01: READY gpu:0:GP104 [GeForce GTX 1080] 8873 from 40.114.52.201
16:36:41:WU01:FS01:Connecting to 40.114.52.201:8080
16:37:02:WARNING:WU01:FS01:WorkServer connection failed on port 8080 trying 80
16:37:02:WU01:FS01:Connecting to 40.114.52.201:80
16:37:23:ERROR:WU01:FS01:Exception: Failed to connect to 40.114.52.201:80: "and here in my native language writes this... Failed to connect, because server didn't respond in time...

But the 40.114.52.201 server screwed me up 5 times under 30 minutes...
It started to send me the WU and on the 60 % it failed, Next time 30 %, and 10 %, after 3 % and then that error showed up what I wrote above...

Linus when will you start your F@H server?
/rant on
The main machine was dry for 28 hours... the secondary had some light work...
/rant off