LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

15 minutes ago, ujlaki15 said:

Yes, that's the problem. I did not join any team previously. 

Someone else might have used the name for another team in the past.
Same thing happened with my name. That's why you use a passkey ;)

image.png.e539b84765feee47da6a0f0e2858b17e.png

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 minute ago, GOTSpectrum said:

smh by not a good card I mean my specific model is a cheap shitty card, I always recommend 2060 cards for people asking what to fold with... 

2060 is 2060 ^^. Well now you have a scientific Excel paper to back your recommendations I guess haha

1 minute ago, Technane said:

First time folding, let's do this! 

Welcome to the team!!!!!

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

15 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Advice is the clean the damn thing! 

🥴 I will, I do clean out the filters regularly but not every fan is covered with them (for some reason!), so have to take the whole thing outside to give it a proper blast of compressed air. 

Temps look good though right? Folding at medium setting. 

12 minutes ago, Platypus said:

Hello fellow folders, I have survived earthquake at Sunday morning in Zagreba Croatia, but still folding 😁

What are your specs (if I may ask)?

1 minute ago, Technane said:

hmm interesting, wonder if i can use the work cluster at the weekend ;)
https://hub.docker.com/r/jordan0day/folding-at-home/dockerfile

image.thumb.png.848ec4efdd38fd1bbca3f61c8985dfca.png

I have no idea why you'd be addicted to political correctness tbh, but you do you man 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Guys, lets like and share this tweet!

Keep up the pressure and show LMG, WE WANT MORE FOLDING!

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Just now, 42thgamer said:

That is not very PC-like to judge him like that.

Well I didn't say I was PC! Thats his thing, not mine!

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Guys, lets like and share this tweet!

Keep up the pressure and show LMG, WE WANT MORE FOLDING!

Already did! Maybe we should all put the video on repeat! So the YT-algo promotes it!

Already did! Maybe we should all put the video on repeat! So the YT-algo promotes it!

You can't just loop it the views dont count, but you can make a playlist of say 5 vids and have them on repeat!

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

27 minutes ago, Tad Bittoomuch said:

That's okay, the F@H servers are experiencing an enormous load with all the new users they have received in the past few weeks, and as a result have run out of Work Units to assign to people.  The F@H team is working to generate more WUs, just be patient and you'll get some eventually :)

ive been getting steady units but they take forever and multiple attempts to upload and send back. my points are also not updating, they must be getting hammered. a good problem to have indeed. covid can go die in the hole it crawled from.

CPU: i7 6700k @4.5GHZ | Mobo: MSI Z170 Gaming M5 | RAM: G Skill Rip Jaws V- 16GB | GPU: Sapphire RX 5700 XT | Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200RPM, Kingston SSD-now 100V+ 128GB, WD Black 600GB, WD Blue 500GB, Intel 600p 256GB nvme SSD |PSU:Corsair CX750M| Cooling: Corsair H60| Displays: 27" LG IPS277L, Samsung Curved 72hz Freesync 27 inch, Epson EX7220 Projector with 100 inch 16:10 Screen | Kb: Corsair Vengeance K70 | Mouse: R.A.T. 4 |  Case:  NZXT Phantom 410 (Red) | OS: Win 10 Home 64 Bit

You can't just loop it the views dont count, but you can make a playlist of say 5 vids and have them on repeat!

Would it accidentally make a difference?

If you loop a vid the youtube algo notices and stops counting your views after a while, but if you watch vid normally and then rewatch the folding vid from time to time the views would then be counted. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

I'm going to be going through processing the badge requests soon, so if you qualify for a new badge make sure to request one in the thread along with your extremeoverclocking profile link.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 minute ago, 42thgamer said:

If your IP changes in between views youtube counts it as 2 unique viewers. Same IP it counts as 1 view.

1 hour ago, Hitman1989 said:

Hey guys, i started yesterday, however i notice my GPU is only using 2% of its power, do you guys know how i can get this higher?

Ive set de setting to full.

Capture.PNG

change one of the task manager things to cuda. No just use CPUz to see what is going on with your pc!

2 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

If you loop a vid the youtube algo notices and stops counting your views after a while, but if you watch vid normally and then rewatch the folding vid from time to time the views would then be counted. 

And would it make a deference? As in would it get to more people suggestionpages?

6 minutes ago, 42thgamer said:

And would it make a deference? As in would it get to more people suggestionpages?

Probably not.
Because the video is flagged as a Corona Virus video Youtube will be basically killing it. It's extremely unlikely to end up in peoples recommended feeds, home page, etc. Pretty much just people who search for it or who are subscribed.

Just now, Platypus said:

Ryzen 3900x and RTX 2080ti

Nice rig!

Just now, Spotty said:

Probably not.
Because the video is flagged as a Corona Virus video Youtube will be basically killing it. It's extremely unlikely to end up in peoples recommended feeds, home page, etc. Pretty much just people who search for it or who are subscribed.

I am getting Corona Virus content in my feed. And I was also getting ads on the video?

Maybe because Youtube sees them as ad-friendly?

I am getting Corona Virus content in my feed. And I was also getting ads on the video?

Maybe because Youtube sees them as ad-friendly?

🤷‍♂️
Not actually sure. I do get "News" videos about Coronavirus, but a lot of the other stuff is absent. Maybe you've watched more videos about it so youtube is pushing them to you as related videos. Maybe it's your location where lots of other people in your area have watched similar videos. The youtube algorithm is a mysterious beast.

Maybe Youtube isn't killing coronavirus videos as much as I thought they were.