LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

Ooof, had a brief power trip in the middle of the night it seems. :( On the bright side, NVIDIA shipped my new little folder GPU. Should hopfully be here in a day or two; but then again shipping stuff in Ireland longer than international usually.

Screenshot_939.png.c3815f5ce1af8ac84a1221d1b2313288.png

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

Just finished a 90 min unit and got no points, its just working on something else now?

CPU: i7 6700k @4.5GHZ | Mobo: MSI Z170 Gaming M5 | RAM: G Skill Rip Jaws V- 16GB | GPU: Sapphire RX 5700 XT | Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200RPM, Kingston SSD-now 100V+ 128GB, WD Black 600GB, WD Blue 500GB, Intel 600p 256GB nvme SSD |PSU:Corsair CX750M| Cooling: Corsair H60| Displays: 27" LG IPS277L, Samsung Curved 72hz Freesync 27 inch, Epson EX7220 Projector with 100 inch 16:10 Screen | Kb: Corsair Vengeance K70 | Mouse: R.A.T. 4 |  Case:  NZXT Phantom 410 (Red) | OS: Win 10 Home 64 Bit

3 hours ago, dsamg said:

@Spotty Hi, not sure if this is the right place to post this, but another work around/fix for chrome is pressing f12 when the web tool is being buggy then right-clicking the refresh icon and selecting "empty cache, hard reload". not sure how long this will fix it for, results may vary but its lasted a decent bit so far.

This is not right place to post this, but what you just said has been said quite a few times in this thread. I'd recommend you and everyone else to just ditch the web client and just use Advanced Client. Also there is a FAQ page which you should read.

Favebook's F@H Stats

Favebook's BOINC Stats

CPU i7-8700k (5.0GHz)  Motherboard Aorus Z370 Gaming 7  RAM Vengeance® RGB Pro 16GB DDR4 3200MHz  GPU  Aorus 1080 Ti

Case Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA  Storage  Samsung Evo 970 1TB & WD Red Pro 10TB

PSU Corsair HX850i  Cooling Custom EKWB loop

Display Acer Predator x34 120Hz

1 hour ago, trashb0 said:

hi guys first time on the fourm and first time folding, looking forward to making my old 2500k sweat at 5 ghz but i hope the 1080ti will make up for the lack of cpu lol

Most workloads are GPU when it comes to covid-19, i believe the workloads for this stuff are USUALLY GPU modelling due to the type of complex math..

I actually am kinda curious why that is, is it just the number of cuda cores/compute units or whatever?

Inari - Ryzen 9 3900X, Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master, 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB DDR4-3400, eVGA RTX 3080 FTW3, Corsair Crystal 680X, 2x Corsair MP510 960gb SSD, 1x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD, 2x Toshiba 5TB HDDs, Acer Predator X27, Lots of Sony camera equipment

Asus RoG Zephyrus G15 5900HS/3070/QHD On Order

Just now, KenjiS9965 said:

Most workloads are GPU when it comes to covid-19, i believe the workloads for this stuff are USUALLY GPU modelling due to the type of complex math..

I actually am kinda curious why that is, is it just the number of cuda cores/compute units or whatever?

I just think GPUs are more efficient on this kinda stuff, so they are skewing towards using them the most. Even my OC'ed cpu can barely match what my GPU can crunch out.

CPU: i7 6700k @4.5GHZ | Mobo: MSI Z170 Gaming M5 | RAM: G Skill Rip Jaws V- 16GB | GPU: Sapphire RX 5700 XT | Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200RPM, Kingston SSD-now 100V+ 128GB, WD Black 600GB, WD Blue 500GB, Intel 600p 256GB nvme SSD |PSU:Corsair CX750M| Cooling: Corsair H60| Displays: 27" LG IPS277L, Samsung Curved 72hz Freesync 27 inch, Epson EX7220 Projector with 100 inch 16:10 Screen | Kb: Corsair Vengeance K70 | Mouse: R.A.T. 4 |  Case:  NZXT Phantom 410 (Red) | OS: Win 10 Home 64 Bit

23 more steam keys have been donated by @Jackz Ma sure to thank the lad!!!

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Just now, ShortRouter said:

Now 150 % of PCMR active base and 200% points since last update.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.PNG

I was just going to post this lol 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 minute ago, ShortRouter said:

I know lol.

I hate you /s

Also guys heres the graph for the teams daily production, look at that upswing!

image.png.b445af2130bd38d2d4bcc15047ec6e05.png

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

4 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Also guys heres the graph for the teams daily production, look at that upswing!

image.png.b445af2130bd38d2d4bcc15047ec6e05.png

Excellent... just like the simulations

F@H current WU assign rate is 122,813.53 WUs/hr

The request rate will be much higher as the servers struggle to assign WUs. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

3 hours ago, dsamg said:

@Spotty Hi, not sure if this is the right place to post this, but another work around/fix for chrome is pressing f12 when the web tool is being buggy then right-clicking the refresh icon and selecting "empty cache, hard reload". not sure how long this will fix it for, results may vary but its lasted a decent bit so far.

That will work, however it's a temporary fix and you may end up having to do it each time you open the web client. (Also I think Ctrl + F5 will do the same thing?)
I would still recommend using the Advanced Control instead of the Web Control. If you do want to use the web control then using a different browser (ie firefox) is a more permanent solution ("It just works").

Maybe @Metallus97 can add your workaround to his FAQ.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

With Afterburner I've lowered the Power Limit, Core Clock and Memory Clock on my GPU so it runs cool without much loss in Cuda processing and so I can still do my day job at the same time. I can still crank out a WU every couple hours like this

Working well so far :)

----------------------------
        Weem

Hey guys, i started yesterday, however i notice my GPU is only using 2% of its power, do you guys know how i can get this higher?

Ive set de setting to full.

Capture.PNG

4 minutes ago, Hitman1989 said:

Hey guys, i started yesterday, however i notice my GPU is only using 2% of its power, do you guys know how i can get this higher?

Ive set de setting to full.

Capture.PNG

Use GPUz to measure the usage, not task manager!

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

We got another shout-out from TL 8 hours ago:

Exact topic is at ~4:45.

Favebook's F@H Stats

Favebook's BOINC Stats

CPU i7-8700k (5.0GHz)  Motherboard Aorus Z370 Gaming 7  RAM Vengeance® RGB Pro 16GB DDR4 3200MHz  GPU  Aorus 1080 Ti

Case Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA  Storage  Samsung Evo 970 1TB & WD Red Pro 10TB

PSU Corsair HX850i  Cooling Custom EKWB loop

Display Acer Predator x34 120Hz

PurpleBalls on duty, folding with GTX 1650. It's not much, but honest work. Although I have problems with getting enough work. Also i can't seem to find COVID-19 specific project in the list. So I'm just folding it random. 

5 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Use GPUz to measure the usage, not task manager!

Ah thanks! now i see its using alot more then i thought! :) 

Capture.PNG

So my rig has done 18 hours of folding so far, its first ever. My room is baking and I think I can smell burning dust, is that normal? lol

My laptop will not be running all night as I do not trust it to not blow up despite being about a year old and not far off the capability of my main rig. However it did complete a WU yesterday in about 6-7 hour and I don't think it was added to my total, it seemed to upload the results fine not really sure what I am looking for in the log though. It is now beavering away again and so I shall see what happens. 

So far my stats say I have completed 5 WUs and have 40k points. 

1 hour ago, KenjiS9965 said:

GPU = moah cores = moah powah (workloads optimized for parallel computing, GPU is 10-15 times faster and MUCH more power efficient than your average CPU). Ideal rig for folding would be as many modern GPUs as can fit in the case + some cheap CPU.