LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

Iv installed the program , got my passkey password etc however when i run the "web control" it constantly refresh's every 2 seconds so i cant chose my pic to pick covid19. Im runing ryzen 2600X , 16gb ram Rtx 2060 any tips would be brilliant thanks.

Just now, DasPanda said:

Just signed up and joined the team, I'm just using a extra R710 so I doubt I'll get enough points to be useful but at least its something.

every little bit helps! Thank you for being part of it!

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

Just now, Shipohoy said:

Iv installed the program , got my passkey password etc however when i run the "web control" it constantly refresh's every 2 seconds so i cant chose my pic to pick covid19. Im runing ryzen 2600X , 16gb ram Rtx 2060 any tips would be brilliant thanks.

Had that happen to me this morning. Try firefox or edge? Was happening to me with Chrome.

2 minutes ago, Shipohoy said:

I think you cant pick specifically covid-19 at this time but they're just automatically prioritizing it. I could be wrong however.

Inari - Ryzen 9 3900X, Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master, 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB DDR4-3400, eVGA RTX 3080 FTW3, Corsair Crystal 680X, 2x Corsair MP510 960gb SSD, 1x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD, 2x Toshiba 5TB HDDs, Acer Predator X27, Lots of Sony camera equipment

Asus RoG Zephyrus G15 5900HS/3070/QHD On Order

1 minute ago, Shipohoy said:

It's an issue with Chrome, but also you don't need to pick COVID19 specifically. Choose Any disease and COVID19 is prioritized. You might get other projects as well but everything is helpful

Mini-ITX Desktop: i9-9900K@5GHz, 32GB TridentZ RGB 3200MHz, Asus Strix Z390-i, EVGA 3090 Hybrid FTW3, Samsung 970 EVO+ NVMe 1TB, Lian Li O11 Air Mini White

Plex/Minecraft Server: Dell PowerEdge T320, Xeon E5-2470 v2, 48GB RAM, 19.25TB storage, RTX A2000 6GB

Tablet: iPad Pro 11” M1

13 minutes ago, KenjiS9965 said:

Just signed up and joined the team, Might as well lend my 3900X/1080Ti to it :D

Nice! It's having trouble assigning CPU tasks, but keep pausing it and starting every once in awhile and it should find one. Just got mine to start another cpu that way, GPU will fold all day no problem! Good to see everyone trying tho. It beats sitting around doing nothing 

Ryzen 9 3900x & Ryzen 7 3700x 120 AIO / MSI 2070 Super Ventus OC / MSI B450 Tomahawk Max & MSI x570 Gaming Pro / Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600mhz 2x8gb / 970EVOplus m.2 NVME 250gb / Adata sata SSD 250gb/ 2TB Hard drive / 9x Noctua Redux 120mm fans / (spare Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200mhz 2x8gb) / Fanatec CSLE+ F1 / V3 Pedals / Next Level Sim Rig / LG Ultra Gear 34" curved ultrawide 144hz / Oculus Rift S / Asus 27" 144hz / crappy keyboard / crappy mouse

1 minute ago, CB_J_IRacing said:

Nice! It's having trouble assigning CPU tasks, but keep pausing it and starting every once in awhile and it should find one. Just got mine to start another cpu that way, GPU will fold all day no problem! Good to see everyone trying tho. It beats sitting around doing nothing 

I was wondering about that, I'll pause/restart a few times in a bit, If I was thinking I'd have had this setup running when i was sleeping lol. At some point I'll have to pause it for some Doom Eternal but every bit helps :)

Kinda wish I had a spare GPU and id dig out my 6700k system and get it up and running too 

Inari - Ryzen 9 3900X, Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master, 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB DDR4-3400, eVGA RTX 3080 FTW3, Corsair Crystal 680X, 2x Corsair MP510 960gb SSD, 1x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD, 2x Toshiba 5TB HDDs, Acer Predator X27, Lots of Sony camera equipment

Asus RoG Zephyrus G15 5900HS/3070/QHD On Order

Running a 2600x/5700xt system and haven't been able to get a work unit all morning. I'm getting "No WUs available for this configuration" on my CPU, and the below errors for the GPU.

WorkServer connection failed on port 8080 trying 80

A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.

Anyone know if this is a server issue or if I need to fix anything?

1 minute ago, Sileni said:

Running a 2600x/5700xt system and haven't been able to get a work unit all morning. I'm getting "No WUs available for this configuration" on my CPU, and the below errors for the GPU.

A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.

I have also had this problem 

I Think the server might be down

3 minutes ago, Sileni said:

Just wait. Nothing you can fix on your side.

3 minutes ago, KenjiS9965 said:

I was wondering about that, I'll pause/restart a few times in a bit, If I was thinking I'd have had this setup running when i was sleeping lol. At some point I'll have to pause it for some Doom Eternal but every bit helps :)

Kinda wish I had a spare GPU and id dig out my 6700k system and get it up and running too

Yea just keep pausing and restarting, but I'm in the same boat. If I had another GPU and power supply I could have two running

Ryzen 9 3900x & Ryzen 7 3700x 120 AIO / MSI 2070 Super Ventus OC / MSI B450 Tomahawk Max & MSI x570 Gaming Pro / Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600mhz 2x8gb / 970EVOplus m.2 NVME 250gb / Adata sata SSD 250gb/ 2TB Hard drive / 9x Noctua Redux 120mm fans / (spare Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200mhz 2x8gb) / Fanatec CSLE+ F1 / V3 Pedals / Next Level Sim Rig / LG Ultra Gear 34" curved ultrawide 144hz / Oculus Rift S / Asus 27" 144hz / crappy keyboard / crappy mouse

17 minutes ago, CB_J_IRacing said:

Yea just keep pausing and restarting, but I'm in the same boat. If I had another GPU and power supply I could have two running

Do not keep doing that. You are just putting even more pressure on their server, and basically DDOS-ing it even more. Not gonna help anything.

Do it once in two or three hours, that will be enough.

Favebook's F@H Stats

Favebook's BOINC Stats

CPU i7-8700k (5.0GHz)  Motherboard Aorus Z370 Gaming 7  RAM Vengeance® RGB Pro 16GB DDR4 3200MHz  GPU  Aorus 1080 Ti

Case Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA  Storage  Samsung Evo 970 1TB & WD Red Pro 10TB

PSU Corsair HX850i  Cooling Custom EKWB loop

Display Acer Predator x34 120Hz

36 minutes ago, Shipohoy said:

i had that this morning with chrome

hit f12, right click on the refresh button and select "empty cache and hard reload"

Worked for me

I've found it best to just never use the web client, only the advanced client. actually just got my first WU in 8 hours. yay

10 minutes ago, Favebook said:

Do not keep doing that. You are just putting even more pressure on their server, and basically DDOS-ing it even more. Not gonna help anything.

exactly, its just swamping the server even more

im not too concerned over the cpu wu's since they usually are only ~15min to process and worth nothing for points, id rather let it sit idle and keep the GPU churning

I'm still a bit bummed about never getting my event founder badge for giving around ~35M points in folding month 2018 but oh well, the past is the past. On to more folding!

Space is pretty awesome.

And that is why Linus is trying to start his own F@H Server :P

Just now, NewHopeTech said:

I'm still a bit bummed about never getting my event founder badge for giving around ~35M points in folding month 2018 but oh well, the past is the past. On to more folding!

DM me

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

3 hours ago, Discipulus1 said:

It was happening to me because I was using Chrome.  I pasted the page into Microsoft Edge and it was fine.

Thx!

24 minutes ago, Favebook said:

K

13 minutes ago, ykdave said:

exactly, its just swamping the server even more

im not too concerned over the cpu wu's since they usually are only ~15min to process and worth nothing for points, id rather let it sit idle and keep the GPU churning

You could also run Rosetta@Home as they are CPU only work units and they are pushing out lots of COVID-19 WUs.

2 hours ago, LordKitsune said:

Couple of questions:

1.) Passkey. Have you requested one and entered it into your F@H client?

2.) If you have completed the first question, have you completed 10 WUs with the key?

Once both of those are completed, you will be eligible for the QRB (Quick Return Bonus) which gives you a massive bump in points. (In my case I went from less than 100k PPD to about 400k)

I entered my pass key

i haven't finish 10 WUs

OMG Stanford University just ran all out all of their WU... This is the first time i have ever seen this.

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular