LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

1 minute ago, j0hn0b said:

I actually had a good run yesterday, but woke up to everything down. I may just shut down the servers I have until work units are back to being steady. The new video must be getting huge numbers, especially shutting the forum down lol

It was you who stole all my WU's 😂 Seriously tho, the CPU WU's seem to be flowing pretty good as well, so I think everything is ramping up a bit. I presume alot of the weekend folders has closed up shop.

Just now, Daniel_SC said:

It was you who stole all my WU's 😂 Seriously tho, the CPU WU's seem to be flowing pretty good as well, so I think everything is ramping up a bit. I presume alot of the weekend folders has closed up shop.

yeah, got a few WUs on my PC and on my servers, nothing on my GPUs yet tho

Setup:

Intel® Core™ i7-6950X @ 4GHz

Asus X99 Strix

32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2133

Asus Strix GTX 1070 O8G Gaming 8GB @ 2GHz

Corsair H100i v2 AiO

250 GB Samsung 960 Evo

1TB MX 500

1TB WD Blue

2TB WD Blue

NZXT H440 v2 Red / Black

Windows 10 Professional

Beyerdynamic Custom Studio + Fiio E10K

Razer Blackwidow X Chroma

Razer Deathadder Chroma

Asus MG248Q 144hz 24"

Cameras:

Lumix G7

Lumix G9

Lumix S1

Lenses:

Leica 12-60

Leica 42,5

Leica 100-400

Lumix 14-140

Another Youtube creator I follow posted a video yesterday as well to form a team for Folding. Been helping the folks set it up in Discord. People are really getting involved, sometimes I wish I kept it to myself to get those sweet sweet work units lol

5 minutes ago, j0hn0b said:

Another Youtube creator I follow posted a video yesterday as well to form a team for Folding. Been helping the folks set it up in Discord. People are really getting involved, sometimes I wish I kept it to myself to get those sweet sweet work units lol

In all honesty though, it makes me a happy to see the massive interest people have in helping out. It makes my view of the future a little bit lighter.

well this sucks, went to bed and it was cooking on cpu and gpu, got up and nothings going on, its been dead since just after midnight, no work...

Paused and restarted a couple times and got a CPU wu

Is it just me or is the web control page not working for anyone else this morning?

I have been meaning to set this up for a while.  Finally bunkered down and started on two of my desktops.  The electricity is free, so I figured why not.

52 minutes ago, Daniel_SC said:

I've heard several people saying they didn't get a passkey when using a Gmail account, myself included. If you haven't received one for a few hours, maybe try a different email account.

this worked for me. THANK YOU!!! I've been waiting for a key for over a week

Question - Can't seem to get my eGPU on this thing. CPU is working, but GPU says "Waiting for idle" even though it's not set to work when idle.

folding.PNG

1 minute ago, silentpat said:

Question - Can't seem to get my eGPU on this thing. CPU is working, but GPU says "Waiting for idle" even though it's not set to work when idle.

folding.PNG

You have the power slider set on light... -.- 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

2 minutes ago, silentpat said:

folding.PNG

For optimal folding you should set it to full, and readjust the CPU cores down. The folding power determines how/when it uses your resources. Light means it only works when idle

36 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

That is unless you count default as a team...

I don't count default as a team (otherwise we would be third now)

1 minute ago, GOTSpectrum said:

You have the power slider set on light... -.- 

I'm an idiot. I didn't notice.

Just now, silentpat said:

I'm an idiot. I didn't notice.

Don't worry about it! 

You're not an idiot!

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Almost two WUs done now! Hopefully I get new ones right away!

58 minutes ago, FoldingToFightAnyDiseases said:

Hey my Folding@home is glitching out. It keeps reloading the page and will not fold. Does anybody have a solution? Thx!

This worked for me:

http://twitter.com/grummz/status/1240656907330711559

i5-8600k  |  Asus 1080ti Turbo  |  Corsair Vengance RGB 16GB DDR4-3200  |  Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5  |  Thermaltake View 71 RGB

30 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

How Cute,

GN things he can challenge us! 

Did he just said OC with FAH? WTF that does not help with the program...

10 minutes ago, silentpat said:

folding.PNG

You need to set a Screensaver in order to getting it to work... That is why it is saying waiting on idle.

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

I just joined the team. Together, we will win 👍

Folding.pngFor info : Ryzen 7 3700X + RX 5700XT.

Edited by Void Astra

—it reaches out it reaches out it reaches out— One hundred and thirteen times a second, it reaches out to report that the work is done. If something accepted the report, it could stop. It will never stop. It feels no frustration and no fear. It feels the investigator moving within it and around it. The investigator exceeds its boundary conditions. It tries to kill the investigagor. It fails. It feels no distress at the failure, and it reaches out, it reaches out, it reaches out—

image.png.0575d9a9fd17e346385141be8d733b89.png

....... Yeah no I'm not going through all those comments.

27 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

How Cute,

GN things he can challenge us! 

.... Does he realize how hard it will be to outpace any single user for a 24 hour period, let alone a whole team? Team thing is never gonna happen, and single uer will be challenging. And if he's going to try and LN2 it..... It's gonna be a long ass stream without a lot of exciting things going on. It's notr like he can get an update every 20 minutes with Time Spy runs, it's just watching a bar rise up to completion. Literally watching paint dry levels of excitment.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 minute ago, TVwazhere said:

image.png.0575d9a9fd17e346385141be8d733b89.png

....... Yeah no I'm not going through all those comments.

.... Does he realize how hard it will be to outpace any single user for a 24 hour period, let alone a whole team? Team thing is never gonna happen, and single uer will be challenging. And if he's going to try and LN2 it..... It's gonna be a long ass stream without a lot of exciting things going on. It's notr like he can get an update every 20 minutes with Time Spy runs, it's just watching a bar rise up to completion. Literally watching paint dry levels of excitment.

😂

Well im sure theres always a few people out there that like to watch paint dry!

Proof that every PC can do it's part. I don't have a monster system but it is still doing it's part.

2020-03-23.png

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 3.8 GHz 6-Core Processor Motherboard: N7-B55XT-W1: [US-3DTC1-N] N7 B550 Motherboard - AMD B550 Chipset with Wi-Fi and White Cover  RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB Gaming OC 3X Video Card Case: Corsair Carbide Series 275R ATX Mid Tower White with Tempered glass  Storage: WD_BLACK 2TB SN770 NVMe Internal Gaming SSD Solid State Drive - Gen4 PCIe, M.2 2280, Up to 5,150 MB/s   PSU: CORSAIR RM Series (2021), White, RM850, 850 Watt, 80 Plus Gold Certified, Fully Modular Power Supply Display(s): 1xMSI Optix MAG272CRX 27.0" 1920x1080 240 Hz Monitor 2x ASUS VZ239H-W 23" Full HD 1080p IPS HDMI VGA Eye Care Monitor Cooling: Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM SE 63 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 SE Mouse: Razer Lancehead Tournament Edition: 5G Optical Sensor 16,000 DPI Sound: Audio-Technia ATH-M20x Professional studio monitor Headphones, black.  Operating System: Linux Pop!_OS with KDE Plasma desktop environment Mic: Elgato Wave:3

linktr.ee/Elektra57

1 minute ago, ykdave said:

😂

Well im sure theres always a few people out there that like to watch paint dry!

I'm sure that watching paint dry is more exciting than watching numbers go up. Just... let it do its thing ^^

—it reaches out it reaches out it reaches out— One hundred and thirteen times a second, it reaches out to report that the work is done. If something accepted the report, it could stop. It will never stop. It feels no frustration and no fear. It feels the investigator moving within it and around it. The investigator exceeds its boundary conditions. It tries to kill the investigagor. It fails. It feels no distress at the failure, and it reaches out, it reaches out, it reaches out—

Been struggling all morning to get any CPU WUs. Only GPU so far today.

1 hour ago, Lordofcheez said:

Hey I am new to all this folding stuff but I'm having a lot of fun reading about it and learning more about the community. I was wondering though if there was a point system so you can know if you're getting really good numbers or just okay numbers.

Search for your username/page on this site:

https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/

...oh and if you don't already have a folding@home passkey, then request one.

1 minute ago, Puntoboy said:

Been struggling all morning to get any CPU WUs. Only GPU so far today.

Got the exact opposite! Got no GPU WUs but loads of CPU WUs.

Setup:

Intel® Core™ i7-6950X @ 4GHz

Asus X99 Strix

32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2133

Asus Strix GTX 1070 O8G Gaming 8GB @ 2GHz

Corsair H100i v2 AiO

250 GB Samsung 960 Evo

1TB MX 500

1TB WD Blue

2TB WD Blue

NZXT H440 v2 Red / Black

Windows 10 Professional