LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

Just now, Kilrah said:

There won't be an IP until you actually get a WU. You just have to wait.

Well, gonna have do that. Thanks

Just doing my part to save the world.

foldin2.PNG

folding.PNG

At me or quote me, I want to hear your opinion.

Hopefully anything I say is factually correct. Sorry for any mistakes in advanced.

22 minutes ago, Favebook said:

if you are a real enthusiast, I recommend you to OC CC as far as possible, then pull it back by two decrements (usually around 20-30 CC) and put your memory clock on stock or somewhere between +50 and +200. That is however for newer cards and usually Nvidia.

It's really not rocket science my friend. OC = high temps = more stress on hardware. Temps close to Tjunction WILL brick your GPU in no time. Also, why do you imply that everyone who cares about their hardware lifespan (maybe cannot afford another RTX 2080 ti every other day) is not "a real enthusiast"? Sorry but that is just pathetic. 

You cannot cook your card to death like that... WTF are you even talking about?

Yes you can. I've seen enough posts and pictures on forums and in person when I worked at a systems integrator.

Please inform yourself a little bit more before you say things like that.

I know a thing or two about PC hardware and that is my opinion. Your advice is dangerous to anyone inexperienced in overclocking. It's like AMD saying their Navi cards' operating at temperatures close to junction is "expected and normal" while it is absolutely NOT.

EDIT: Since you seem to have quite a different view on what is safe to do with hardware let's not overly blow it up here.

After removing duplicate data we have over 4500 sign ups and they are flowing in! 

This is going to be fun watch the EOC graph!

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

12 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

If you already have a passkey you won't get another one, it's already good. You'll likely have to look at the EOC stats instead of the FAH ones, EOC differentiates duplicate usernames.

Where can I find the EOC stats?

@ShortRouter @Favebook Please keep it civil and agree to disagree or take it to DMs, don't need the thread swamped with an argument.

Mr Short, If you think the information provided is truly dangerous then alert a mod.

Please take a min to considered the community guidelines below.

On 8/27/2018 at 10:44 PM, Whiskers said:
  • Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members.
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner.
  • "Don't be a dick" - Wil Wheaton.
  • "Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted.
  • Remember your audience; both present and future.

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 minute ago, HotaruMio said:

Where can I find the EOC stats?

Link is in the OP

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

13 minutes ago, WAVE said:

Ip for Work- and collection server. I've read the FAQ but its working on my other rig.

Should be allowed but Log shows "65.254.110.245:8080': No WUs available for this configuration"

There is a major load on the server. Thats what mine does most of the time till I finally get  a WU. Just be patient.

Main Rig:

Ryzen 5800x, ASUS Crosshair Hero VII Wi-Fi, 32gb of Corsair Vengence Pro SL 3600 CL18, MSI Ventus 2 OC RTX 3060 12gb, Corsair H115i Pro AIO cooler, Soundblaster AE-7, Beyerdynamic DT 990 Edition 600Ohm headphones, Creative Giga Speakers, 1tb ADATA SX8200 NVME SSD, 1tb Intel 665P NVME SSD, 500gb Samsung 850 EVO SATA SSD, 8tb WB Black SATA HDD, LG SATA Blue Ray Drive, Corsair CX850M PSU, Coolermaster Stryker case, ROG ARGB strips, China ARGB fans, China ARGB SSD heat sink. 🤣

HTPC:

Erying 11800 ES CPU/Mobo combo, 32GB of Corsair LPX 3200 CL16, Gigabyte 4060 8gb LP, Thermalright AXP90 full copper cooler, WD Black SN770 500gb NVME SSD, WD Black SN770 1tb NVME SSD, Crucial MX500 2tb SATA SSD, WD Blue 2tb SATA HDD, Pioneer Blu-Ray burner, Intel AX200 WiFi/Bluetooth, Seasonic 300w TFX PSU, Silverstone ML11 case. STILL NO RGB! 😭

Retro Gamer PC:

VIA C3 1000Mhz, VIA Epia PD-10000 LVDS, 1gb of Kingston DDR, PNY Geforce FX5500 128mb PCI, WD 80GB HDD, Random CD-ROM, Random 250w mini psu, Mini ITX case 🤣

Sorry for the dumb question, but just watching s16 of the documentary "The Simpsons" while this thing runs in the background has me a bit concerned... Is it ok to keep this thing running at these temps?  I7 9700 & gtx2070 in a case w/ three fans on full tilt and a thermaltake cpu fan... 

image.thumb.png.9098d11da89dc7313d917b8de570642c.png

1 minute ago, GOTSpectrum said:

@ShortRouter @Favebook Please keep it civil and agree to disagree or take it to DMs, don't need the thread swamped with an argument.

Mr Short, If you think the information provided is truly dangerous then alert a mod.

Please take a min to considered the community guidelines below.

I generally agree. If you find my posts offensive or in any way against the forum guidelines feel free to report them to a mod. For my part, I won't report Favebooks answer even though some offensive language was used. As long as it stays halfway civil and productive exchange of opinions it's fine.

18 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

If you already have a passkey you won't get another one, it's already good. You'll likely have to look at the EOC stats instead of the FAH ones, EOC differentiates duplicate usernames.

It seems there were multiple Hotaru's, under different username. I guess that's how it differentiate it, other than the passkeys

5 minutes ago, ShortRouter said:

I generally agree. If you find my posts offensive or in any way against the forum guidelines feel free to report them to a mod. For my part, I won't report Favebooks answer even though some offensive language was used. As long as it stays halfway civil and productive exchange of opinions it's fine.

I don't find it offensive I just didn't want it to escalate and get to a point where mods needed to be involved. 

The folding team is generally the best place on the forum for being friendly and kind and I'd rather it stay that way with all the new users popping in!

Let's be the shining example I know we usually are on the forum!

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Just now, Puntoboy said:

Should I be worried about temps like this?

image.png.0d39e7b897e72f657aaa9791c8174335.png

Seems fine to me. I run in the 80-90s on my CPU. If it bothers you, you can always adjust the number of threads being used by F@H 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

That ratio....

folding3.PNG

At me or quote me, I want to hear your opinion.

Hopefully anything I say is factually correct. Sorry for any mistakes in advanced.

4 minutes ago, Puntoboy said:

Should I be worried about temps like this?

image.png.0d39e7b897e72f657aaa9791c8174335.png

12 degrees under tjunction seems fine to me.

3 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Seems fine to me. I run in the 80-90s on my CPU. If it bothers you, you can always adjust the number of threads being used by F@H 

Just now, ShortRouter said:

12 degrees under tjunction seems fine to me.

Thanks. I suspected as much but just wanted to double check. The fans I keeping it in check. Only a 120mm AIO on this CPU due to space limits but it's working fine :)

Update in three mins on EOC Guys, let's see what we've got!

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Just now, Puntoboy said:

Thanks. I suspected as much but just wanted to double check. The fans I keeping it in check. Only a 120mm AIO on this CPU due to space limits but it's working fine :)

Not a problem!

glad to be of assistance!

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

3 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

if the noise does not bother you :), in my case I under clock the CPU, because of the noise, running at 70oC vs ~85oC and the time to completion is mostly the same could no notice any "significant" impact.

Also note that we are low in WU, i see often my CPU or GPU waiting for the next WU. So whatever you gain on completing faster you will loose on wasting for the next WU :)

in short no stress all good

image.thumb.png.80adb8580a891fa84438c0fdf9787ae4.pngSigns of life!

Trash beauty:

CPU: Xeon X5550

GPU: RX 570 4GB (defective)

SSD: Fattydove Racing 240GB

HDD: WD Blue 320GB

Motherboard: HP Z400

Ram: 6x2GB DDR3 1066

PSU: Corsair TX650