LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

1 minute ago, Reserof said:

First time folder AND first forum post wooo!

Welcome! 

We should prepare a feast in your honour... A feast of WUs!

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Would give him some, but I don't have any :(

Gonna have a big dip in points today it seems

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

9 minutes ago, Valentyn said:

They just can’t keep up with all the new users

Also, between the weekend and the self isolation more users are in front of their computers to fold with them, I think.

4 hours ago, GOTSpectrum said:

So we have now passed 2900 sign ups to the event!!!!

Yesterday we broke past 1 billion points for the day!

and we are closing the gap with PCMR!

image.thumb.png.5288d059ead4c7c07be787515e6e790d.png

KEEP PUSHINGGGGGG!!!!!!!

haha, I actually left PCMR to join here!

1 hour ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Don't look at the average, look at the update and today column, these are the ones that are most representative. 

Yeah yeah, I know, Avg takes last 7 (or 14, I do not remember correctly) days, but still, it is most accurate and is not affected by luck of different WUs not by WU distribution problems. 

1 hour ago, LyNx_G said:

K. Well not sure if it's the same, probably an advanced option, but in the standard tools I have my priority set to "Slightly Higher" in the advanced tab, don't/haven't messed around with the Expert tab at all.

Are you sure that you have all 6 cores enabled with power slider on Full and priority on Slightly Higher?

Favebook's F@H Stats

Favebook's BOINC Stats

CPU i7-8700k (5.0GHz)  Motherboard Aorus Z370 Gaming 7  RAM Vengeance® RGB Pro 16GB DDR4 3200MHz  GPU  Aorus 1080 Ti

Case Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA  Storage  Samsung Evo 970 1TB & WD Red Pro 10TB

PSU Corsair HX850i  Cooling Custom EKWB loop

Display Acer Predator x34 120Hz

Going to toss some more mhz/ghz on to the pile.  

I must say I'm legit surprised my GPU still makes this much PPD. 🤔😀

It's a 900 series titan x by the way.

Took a while to get a work unit in though.

Covid-19_Fold.png

ARGH I think I'm going to launch this computer out the window at this rate!!!!

Spoiler

Trying to do some scripting in google sheets, not going well

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

2 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

ARGH I think I'm going to launch this computer out the window at this rate!!!!

Reveal hidden contents

Trying to do some scripting in google sheets, not going well

I broke the internet...

image.png.e68d61f64d0c4de6eacea64f72bd8ecf.png

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

8 minutes ago, AfonsoJR said:

image.png.4e01c43a932e5cd02e9dc2f7e1eea91d.png

My RX 5700 XT keeps crashing on a lot of games, but at least it will contribute to COVID-19

Do you have the most up to date drivers? Did you happen to have a nVidia card before? I had some issues initially and had to totally remove all video drivers and reinstall Adrenaline 2020 fresh before it worked. I've had a lot of luck with stability in games since, and it's great at folding (~1-1.2m PPD)

Strange, I see a lot of people getting less WUs than the got in prior days. While I am getting one after an other! I am luck today I guess!

5 minutes ago, j0hn0b said:

Do you have the most up to date drivers? Did you happen to have a nVidia card before? I had some issues initially and had to totally remove all video drivers and reinstall Adrenaline 2020 fresh before it worked. I've had a lot of luck with stability in games since, and it's great at folding (~1-1.2m PPD)

same here. my 5700XT does around 1.2mio PPD with "overclock" set to save energy(undervolt) automatically. Automatic overclock on core speed, does not help much

Ryzen9 3950X | ROG Strix X570-E Gaming | 64GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 | Gigabyte Radeon 5700XT Gaming OC 8GB | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB, WD RED 3TB | Seasonic Focus DX 750W | NZXT Kraken X72 with Noctua NF-A12x25 | NZXT H700

8 minutes ago, j0hn0b said:

Well, yes, I did, but I already did a Windows clean install and it didn't solve anything so... I'm really frustrated with this card and haven't found any solution...

It only happens on demanding games like Apex or Call of Duty, so I tend to stay away from those while my RMA process is "on the works".

If you know of any, more permanent, solution, let me know!

8 minutes ago, 42thgamer said:

Strange, I see a lot of people getting less WUs than the got in prior days. While I am getting one after an other! I am luck today I guess!

Same here. I've not had an idle GPU yet this week. It's the CPU only systems that are idle only sometimes for me.

On an unrelated note:

Does anybody know how long it takes for a completed WU to be counted in the stats?

I completed a WU upload with 7 minutes before the refresh on XOC and XOC did not have it listed under the latest update.

Hello Everyone! I AM BACK INTO THE FOLD TILL THE END OF THE SUMMER...

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

9 minutes ago, Xsilent(X) said:

Hello Everyone! I AM BACK INTO THE FOLD TILL THE END OF THE SUMMER...

The old one has returned! 

I have admired your folding prowess from back in the day on the milestones thread

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

I remember folding on my ps3 and not getting what kind of game this was untill I looked it up. Reinstalled it now on my gaming PC for the first time in ages

1 minute ago, Quokkat said:

I remember folding on my ps3 and not getting what kind of game this was untill I looked it up. Reinstalled it now on my gaming PC for the first time in ages

Welcome back into the fold!

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

40 minutes ago, Tsuga said:

same here. my 5700XT does around 1.2mio PPD with "overclock" set to save energy(undervolt) automatically. Automatic overclock on core speed, does not help much

My Vega64 is also doing about the same. I just have a manual undervolt and fan curves. It seems to be doing pretty good and sitting around 60c.

51 minutes ago, Victor Golf said:

Does anybody know how long it takes for a completed WU to be counted in the stats?

I completed a WU upload with 7 minutes before the refresh on XOC and XOC did not have it listed under the latest update.

It varies, your client uploads to FAH, then FAH has to count it and make it available before XOC will see it. Usually 15mins or so, but recently FAH has had issues and it's occasionally been taking up to a few hours.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

31 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

The old one has returned! 

I have admired your folding prowess from back in the day on the milestones thread

Currently setting up a new build and put it to fold...

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

2 minutes ago, Xsilent(X) said:

Currently setting up a new build and put it to fold...

LOVE IT! 😍 Marry me?

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 hour ago, DESTROYER17 said:

I must say I'm legit surprised my GPU still makes this much PPD. 🤔😀

It's a 900 series titan x by the way.

Took a while to get a work unit in though.

Covid-19_Fold.png

You should stop the CPU unit to get more PPD.

4 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

LOVE IT! 😍 Marry me?

Marrying you? No thanks i am occupied at the moment... :)