LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

I'm scared, I'm getting threats for the first time on my XOC page 😂 but hey I crossed the 5 million threshold! Hope I get some WUs soon

image.png.d445b1b90cf020cefff7f24f5b0998dc.png

Mini-ITX Desktop: i9-9900K@5GHz, 32GB TridentZ RGB 3200MHz, Asus Strix Z390-i, EVGA 3090 Hybrid FTW3, Samsung 970 EVO+ NVMe 1TB, Lian Li O11 Air Mini White

Plex/Minecraft Server: Dell PowerEdge T320, Xeon E5-2470 v2, 48GB RAM, 19.25TB storage, RTX A2000 6GB

Tablet: iPad Pro 11” M1

1 hour ago, ShortRouter said:

Yes I noticed too. The TFLOPS total is the correct number though, Greg Bowman confirmed it in his tweet. My guess is the 958k is FP16 (half accuracy) performance, what's interesting for us is FP32 (single precision) performance.

Kind of, x86 flop would more likely be fp32. Lower precision data structures are usually GPUs and accelerators not CPUs which get used for large data structures that GPUs actually can't run.

I just like the bigger number.

So we have now passed 2900 sign ups to the event!!!!

Yesterday we broke past 1 billion points for the day!

and we are closing the gap with PCMR!

image.thumb.png.5288d059ead4c7c07be787515e6e790d.png

KEEP PUSHINGGGGGG!!!!!!!

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

2 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Kind of, x86 flop would more likely be fp32. Lower precision data structures are usually GPUs and accelerators not CPUs which get used for large data structures that GPUs actually can't run.

I just like the bigger number.

But in that case what the Felding CEO said makes no sense. He clearly quoted same number as FLOPS in the stats table (470 PFLOPS) on twitter.

2 minutes ago, leadeater said:

I'm givin it all she's got, but they aren't givin in return captian!

Thats usually the case 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

4 minutes ago, ShortRouter said:

But in that case what the Felding CEO said makes no sense. He clearly quoted same number as FLOPS in the stats table (470 PFLOPS) on twitter.

What he quoted is correct, the other number is just an approximation if the GPUs were CPUs. Smoke and mirros.

i was wondering if there is anyone using pretty old hardware like a radeon hd5770. i have one on an old pc but i am wondering if its worth taking it out and installing it on my current rig.

im happy that the sun i shining ... helping alot to keep the power consumption of my computer in a cheap spot 🙂 thanks to my PV on my roof.

Nice to be here ... greetz from Germany to you all! Let the fight begin.

1 minute ago, Flatronic said:

im happy that the sun i shining ... helping alot to keep the power consumption of my computer in a cheap spot 🙂 thanks to my PV on my roof.

Nice to be here ... greetz from Germany to you all! Let the fight begin.

Welcome to the teammm!!!!!

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Question of a former "folder": I've been folding years ago (LTT was in its infancy!) and accumulated a fair number of points at the time. However, due to circumstances my hardware hasn't changed and from what I understand you're rewarded your points on compute power contributed. How sensible would it be to sign up, knowing I would contribute not very much, especially compared to modern hardware? (think AMD AM2/3, FM1 and FM2 sockets here)

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision"

(Faithless, 'Reverence' from the 1996 Reverence album)

Hi all. I just joined up. Installed on two computers. The first computer I installed on isn't doing any work, but keeps attempting. The second I installed on started right away with a job. Luck of the draw or possibly an issue with the first install? Thanks!

Edit: Of course as soon as I submit it gets a job. Now to optimize. 

I'll change my post to this question....Is their an unraid docker for fold at home?

2 minutes ago, Dutch_Master said:

Question of a former "folder": I've been folding years ago (LTT was in its infancy!) and accumulated a fair number of points at the time. However, due to circumstances my hardware hasn't changed and from what I understand you're rewarded your points on compute power contributed. How sensible would it be to sign up, knowing I would contribute not very much, especially compared to modern hardware? (think AMD AM2/3, FM1 and FM2 sockets here)

It all depends on what you are comfortable with in regard to power tbf. Every little helps is the mentality of folding!

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 minute ago, valhalla540 said:

Hi all. I just joined up. Installed on two computers. The first computer I installed on isn't doing any work, but keeps attempting. The second I installed on started right away with a job. Luck of the draw or possibly an issue with the first install? Thanks!

Welcome to the team!!!!

Probably just luck of the draw but if you are unsure post the log here and someone can assist. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Thanks GOTSpectrum. I edited my post...As soon I submitted and rechecked a job was running. Sorry to waste time. Now onto to gaming PC number 3. 

Just now, valhalla540 said:

Thanks GOTSpectrum. I edited my post...As soon I submitted and rechecked a job was running. Sorry to waste time. Now onto to gaming PC number 3. 

It's not a waste of time don't worry!!!

Thanks for participating!

Let's DO This!

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Just now, Jamdread said:

Just started with my pair of 1080ti’s

WOO!!!! 

Big folder here bois! Stand well clear!

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

10 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

It all depends on what you are comfortable with in regard to power tbf. Every little helps is the mentality of folding!

OK, I'll see if I can get the old stuff to work over the weekend. Can't guarantee anything, but I'll give it a shot. Is BOINC a suitable client? (I'm on Linux, btw)

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision"

(Faithless, 'Reverence' from the 1996 Reverence album)

Just now, Dutch_Master said:

OK, I'll see if I can get the old stuff to work over the weekend. Can't guarantee anything, but I'll give it a shot. Is BOINC a suitable client? (I'm on Linux, btw)

No you use the F@H client!

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

29 minutes ago, DESTROYER17 said:

I signed up!

Electricity is crazy expensive here, but I'll make an exception and I'll fold one last time whenever I can.

Is your profile gif Linus licking a threadripper box?

1 minute ago, LordKitsune said:

Is your profile gif Linus licking a threadripper box?

I believe it was the original Nvidia Shield unboxing.

I can't find the original file I made, but I believe it's about 6 years old.

Joining the folding-game for COVID-19! Let's see what my old hardware can chugg :)

CPU: Intel i7 5820K CPU @ 4,3 GHz CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Mobo: ASUS X99-A/USB-3.1 Ram: Kingston HyperX Fury DIMM Kit 16GB, DDR4-2400 Optical: LG GH24NS DVD Burner Optical: BD Reader SSD: Samsung SSD 850 Pro 256 GB SATA 6GB's PSU: Seasonic X650 Video Card: ASUS STRIX GTX 970 Case: fractal design Define R5 black OS: Windows 10 64bit Monitor: Dell U2715H