LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

1 minute ago, Valentyn said:

Issue is, are people actually going to close the pubs?

We had the same declared here, yet idiots were standing in lines at Temple Bar, and Molly Malone's in dublin trying to get in.
If only they knew Molly Malone died of fever...now look at them.

In my town at least they have all collective said yes. The council here have threatened anyone trying to go against the ban will have their trading and alcohol licenses suspended indefinitely.

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Just now, GOTSpectrum said:

In my town at least they have all collective said yes. The council here have threatened anyone trying to go against the ban will have their trading and alcohol licenses suspended indefinitely.

Exactly what folks here are asking to be done.

All it takes is one asymptomtic/infected person to infect them all and spread it like mad.

Thankfully some Garda in the rural areas are already making deliveries of essentials, and prescriptions for the elderly stuck without travel at the moment. Even the post man has a mask, and gloves on here.

Just wish more people had common sense, and gave a damn.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

It's not crazy here...

Yet.

Only 26 cases in my province so far and two are hospitalized for other medical  reasons. The province has declared a state of emergency so lots of places are closing down/reducing hours etc. All public gathering places/facilities are closed. 

There is only one confirmed case that is the result of local transmission of the virus so that means that all of the cases here are due to people returning from travel. 

No cases in my city but when there will be I am sure everybody will go nuts when it happens.

Work for me is almost unchanged. I'm a Agriculture Equipment Technician (HD mechanic) so I don't work directly with the public. The parts guys have a table in front of their counter and the front will be closed to customers on Monday. 

I'll still be working on Monday because I still have work to do. It is unclear if my job is deemed an essential service as farmers are going to be busy with seeding season soon and when farmers are busy I am busy. 

Edit: as I was typing that, I got an emergency alert saying that if people are not following the social distancing stuff there are fines up to $2000. 

On 3/18/2020 at 11:41 PM, GOTSpectrum said:

I'm thinking about grabbing a 12 core Q4 this year or H1 next year to run some BOINC and support @Ithanul

Depending on BOINC project, make sure to get a good chunk of RAM.

Most don't eat up RAM, but so far I notice ATLAS WUs from LHC and the big Rosetta WUs love to eat RAM.  I have 32GB of RAM pair with my 1950X and o boi does those love to eat it up.  Note, of course, I do tend to run a lot of stuff on this CPU at times.

In other news, seems GPUGRID is looking to start having WUs on Covid-19 as well.  Haven't seen full official word yet on release of those yet.

:I  Also, F@H has yet to grace a WU to my 1080Ti.

And on covid-19 news here, well, it is Florida.   :I  We had spring breakers still come and go to beaches. 

And today, we just had a reported case here on base.  Protocol for bases keep changing about almost each day depending on base and location.  So far, the one I'm at gone a few levels up on mandated requirements and restrictions.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

1 minute ago, Ithanul said:

Depending on BOINC project, make sure to get a good chunk of RAM.

Most don't eat up RAM, but so far I notice ATLAS WUs from LHC and the big Rosetta WUs love to eat RAM.  I have 32GB of RAM pair with my 1950X and o boi does those love to eat it up.  Note, of course, I do tend to run a lot of stuff on this CPU at times.

In other news, seems GPUGRID is looking to start having WUs on Covid-19 as well.  Haven't seen full official word yet on release of those yet.

:I  Also, F@H has yet to grace a WU to my 1080Ti.

I have 16 now, will prob get another 16 at some point!

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Is it normal to be getting core21 WU's on a Nvidia P100? My other cards get core22. Seems I've been able to get back up and running on most of my computers but I'm not sure if I just overlooked that before.

1 minute ago, j0hn0b said:

Is it normal to be getting core21 WU's on a Nvidia P100? My other cards get core22. Seems I've been able to get back up and running on most of my computers but I'm not sure if I just overlooked that before.

There are still quite a few core 21 projects about, it will be some time before core 21 is fully phased out most likely.

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Grr, I clicked "Fold" on the general button instead of only the slot, and during the 5 seconds until I paused again it assigned a WU to my CPU, right when I'm going to shut the computer down. Annoying.

Will see how long it takes tomorrow to see if I do it anyway or if I dump it. Not folding on CPU anymore these days because of needing to do other CPU intensive work. 

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Just now, GOTSpectrum said:

There are still quite a few core 21 projects about, it will be some time before core 21 is fully phased out most likely.

So core 21 and 22 are the same pool? I'm just getting those cards online and want to make sure they're set up properly

Just now, j0hn0b said:

So core 21 and 22 are the same pool? I'm just getting those cards online and want to make sure they're set up properly

Same pool?

If you are asking can you request only one core then no. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

No, sorry, I meant if the Core 21 project finishes will the two cards be open to get Core 22 and 21?

Yes.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Just now, j0hn0b said:

No, sorry, I meant if the Core 21 project finishes will the two cards be open to get Core 22 and 21?

Yes, they are simply assigned as one is available. Most work servers will assign some of both cores afaik.

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Thanks! I've been folding for a while on my desktop but have a couple more P100s fired up now that I set up earlier today now that things have gotten better with assignments

2 minutes ago, j0hn0b said:

Thanks! I've been folding for a while on my desktop but have a couple more P100s fired up now that I set up earlier today now that things have gotten better with assignments

😍 I love you.... 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Just now, j0hn0b said:

NO U

Heh, stappeh, you'll make me blush!

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

2 hours ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Well with all my personal affairs in order now I am officially in isolation. 

What precautions are you all taking to help stay safe during this epidemic? 

I'm already antisocial enough nothing changes for me 🤷‍♂️

image.thumb.png.d008a42034b385f520d963b9b724753b.png

Thanks to all the people who have taken the time to write how-to guides on here. I was pretty lost on how to get this all working until I stumbled on to this page. The laptop is trying it's hardest to do it's part.

5 hours ago, ShortRouter said:

BIG UPDATE! Stats page is finally up and Folding CEO twittered this:

Looks like my total estimate was only 20 % off from the correct number. If you use my spreadsheet it will say 321 total PLOPS, but in reality it's 474 PFLOPS at the moment which is almost 4x more powerful than Summit supercomputer!!

This is absolutely insane and a historic moment already. A virtual CHEERS on that one!

But their stats pages shows this

image.png.40b7f616c64b870d91243e3a35f17bd2.png

I guess their stats on that page isn't 'accurate', damn so close to 1exaFLOP (but not really?).

I've cranked up my lap top and Dual RTX, 3950X Desktop to folding. Not all cores, since I need to study for OSCP... but still. Can I get me one of them, badges... lol

image.thumb.png.3e4f0fb90ea1841af32df5b052f099b9.png

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950x @ 4.15 GHz | 41.5 X 99. MHz | L2: 512K
RAM: 65536 MB DDR4-SDRAM @ 1533MHz (16-17-17) | G.SKILL
MB: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master | F10
GCard: RTX 2080S @ 2010 MHz | 8GB GDDR6 @ 7545 MHz
    RTX 2070 @ 1890 MHz | 8GB GDDR6 @ 6845 MHz

4 minutes ago, Gallardo006 said:

I've cranked up my lap top and Dual RTX, 3950X Desktop to folding. Not all cores, since I need to study for OSCP... but still. Can I get me one of them, badges... lol

image.thumb.png.3e4f0fb90ea1841af32df5b052f099b9.png

As only 1.2 million of your points have gone to LTT team, you can get the bronze badge, there is a thread where you can get it

PC: Ryzen 7 2700 | RX 5700 XT | Asus Prime B450-PLUS | CoolerMaster Masterwatt 600W | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz RAM | 512GB NVME SSD & 7TB combined HDD | macOS Monterey 12.6.6, Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and WIndows 10 Pro x64

Laptop: MacBook Pro 15" 2015 | i7-4870HQ | R9 M370X | 16gb | 1tb SSD

iPhone 13 Pro Max | 256GB | iOS 15.7

My Folding Stats | #MuricaParrotGang

6 minutes ago, leadeater said:

But their stats pages shows this

image.png.40b7f616c64b870d91243e3a35f17bd2.png

I guess their stats on that page isn't 'accurate', damn so close to 1exaFLOP (but not really?).

Maybe this is potential speed if WUs were actually delivered and the one he quoted is actual performance?

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

@leadeater with that said, I guess my 500-1000 Pflop was pretty good 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 hour ago, j0hn0b said:

DAAAAMN why so much P100s? That’s ExPeNsIvE :D

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂