LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

3 minutes ago, rccdev said:

I followed the installation instructions from the folding at home page before I joined your team and signed up.
https://foldingathome.org/start-folding/

I just checked back there and maybe this is why it is not going past the loading stage. their software needs to give people a little more info so they don't think something broke

What are you saying is broken? Screenshot?

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

1 minute ago, LIGISTX said:

What are you saying is broken? Screenshot?

i think he is using chrome, and web control has issues with it

8 minutes ago, rccdev said:

I followed the installation instructions from the folding at home page before I joined your team and signed up.

I just checked back there and maybe this is why it is not going past the loading stage. their software needs to give people a little more info so they don't think something broke

Screenshot from 2020-03-20 15-54-41.png

Ah, running it in Linux. I have not done that, so I am not sure how to check the software beyond htop as you are doing looks like. Not sure how to control the software in Linus, has to be a way to connect to it though.

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

12 minutes ago, rccdev said:

@rccdev Please tell me how to bring this view up on my Linux machine!  The GUI's not launching for me, the instructions from Folding@Home haven't been too helpful.  Thanks in advance!

2 minutes ago, WaldorfMan said:

@rccdev Please tell me how to bring this view up on my Linux machine!  The GUI's not launching for me, the instructions from Folding@Home haven't been too helpful.  Thanks in advance!

Install htop and filter processes with an F4-key search

a

1 hour ago, rccdev said:

To know what is going on:

• Please paste the output from:
  • cat /etc/fahclient/config.xml
  • Paste from:
  • FAHClient --info
  • Paste from:
  • FAHClient --print

EDIT: If you want to know what is going on, just use:

FAHClient --log

1 hour ago, efka112 said:

i think he is using chrome, and web control has issues with it

I  can confirm the web controller had problems with Chrome on my rig but is running just fine in Firefox.

3 hours ago, ShortRouter said:

BIG UPDATE! Stats page is finally up and Folding CEO twittered this:

Looks like my total estimate was only 20 % off from the correct number. If you use my spreadsheet it will say 321 total PLOPS, but in reality it's 474 PFLOPS at the moment which is almost 4x more powerful than Summit supercomputer!!

This is absolutely insane and a historic moment already. A virtual CHEERS on that one!

My guess was 500-1000, with 500 being more likely... I feel like I was not too bad there!

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Well with all my personal affairs in order now I am officially in isolation. 

What precautions are you all taking to help stay safe during this epidemic? 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

9 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Well with all my personal affairs in order now I am officially in isolation. 

What precautions are you all taking to help stay safe during this epidemic? 

I live in a little Irish village, fully working from home; and my eldery parents living with me now. They're out of hospital two weeks ago; so need caring anyway.
Well stocked in the box freezers with veg, meats, and dried ( rice, maize flour, beans, and oats ), and canned goods. Got bulk Royal Canin dried food for the pets on sale in December, so that worked out well. Plus ordered two 20KG boxes of MREs from mountain climbing goods, a while ago before this all started on our little island; so that helps also...well once it arrives from the Netherlands that is.

No supply issues at our little co-op store ( all staff there wearing masks, gloves, and have plastic panels between the cashiers and people. Most old folks around here so being extra careful ); but only going out when needed. Our big chain stores do deliveries as well, and elderly don't pay delivery charges.

No cases near our area yet, better safe than sorry.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

2 minutes ago, Valentyn said:

I live in a little Irish village, fully working from home; and my eldery parents living with me now. They're out of hospital two weeks ago; so need caring anyway.
Well stocked in the box freezers with veg, meats, and dried ( rice, maize flour, beans, and oats ), and canned goods. Got bulk Royal Canin dried food for the pets on sale in December, so that worked out well. Plus ordered two 20KG boxes of MREs from mountain climbing goods, a while ago before this all started on our little island; so that helps also...well once it arrives from the Netherlands that is.

No supply issues at our little co-op store; but only going out when needed. Our big chain stores do deliveries as well, and elderly don't pay delivery charges.

No cases near our area yet, better safe than sorry.

there has been 4 recorded cases in my town, but with the UK gov not testing in the community we have no idea how many are walking around unfortunately. Us brits have a nasty habit of just getting on with things regardless. In the war, it was a great mentality, in a peacetime epidemic, not so much. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

5 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

there has been 4 recorded cases in my town, but with the UK gov not testing in the community we have no idea how many are walking around unfortunately. Us brits have a nasty habit of just getting on with things regardless. In the war, it was a great mentality, in a peacetime epidemic, not so much. 

Saw a bunch of plonkers getting arrested over in Spain for causing issues, and not isolating as well because they're on "holiday".

So far our response has been okay, despite us not actually having a formal Governement yet. We had a general election there two months ago, and nothing's been formed yet.

They've ramped up testing here though; but my main concern is our medical system. The last group of twats in charge left it in shambles, and over loaded, and are still current incharge.

Last year we had over 100k people on trolleys in hospitals due to lack of beds. Thank god my old man had his surgery, and out of ICU, and home just before this went to hell.

ETdUm-WXQAEbMiT.thumb.jpg.56d9530826a5db57d3bd840c5d1cc7ad.jpg

1 minute ago, GOTSpectrum said:

:/

Thats pretty crappy. Im in LA/SD, and we are under what is basically one step under martial law. All businesses except food places, doctors, hospitals, and "essential services" are suspended, all schools included. I am somewhat surprised by the amount of folks that are listening to this, roads are impressively empty. There are still folks driving around, but seems like most have listened.

I work for a government contractor, and we have been deemed essential for the nation, so I still get to go to work everyday, but at this point with all the layoffs going on, I am not as sad about it as I was a few days ago... right now job security is important, apparently. What a time to be alive...

1 minute ago, Valentyn said:

Saw a bunch of plonkers getting arrested over in Spain for causing issues, and not isolating as well because they're on "holiday".

So far our response has been okay, despite us not actually having a formal Governement yet. We had a general election there two months ago, and nothing's been formed yet.

They've ramped up testing here though; but my main concern is our medical system. The last group of twats in charge left it in shambles, and over loaded, and are still current incharge.

Last year we had over 100k people on trolleys in hospitals due to lack of beds. Thank god my old man had his surgery, and out of ICU, and home just before this went to hell.

You in the republic?

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

6 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

My towns got the most cases in the county and we are the 3rd worst affected county (maybe 4th) in UK, its absolute manic here 😆

PC: Ryzen 7 2700 | RX 5700 XT | Asus Prime B450-PLUS | CoolerMaster Masterwatt 600W | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz RAM | 512GB NVME SSD & 7TB combined HDD | macOS Monterey 12.6.6, Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and WIndows 10 Pro x64

Laptop: MacBook Pro 15" 2015 | i7-4870HQ | R9 M370X | 16gb | 1tb SSD

iPhone 13 Pro Max | 256GB | iOS 15.7

My Folding Stats | #MuricaParrotGang

Just now, GOTSpectrum said:

You in the republic?

Yes.

Hi guys, signed up to the forum earlier just to join the folding team. I've got my little rig working away at full speed.

IMG_1547.thumb.jpeg.5f5247a2d58294b061e2d396f23452d2.jpeg

Just a little Ryzen 3950x/2070 Super. It's getting quite toasty in the Phanteks case (which everyone seems to have forgotten about judging by recent ITX case reviews).

Just now, LIGISTX said:

Thats pretty crappy. Im in LA/SD, and we are under what is basically one step under martial law. All businesses except food places, doctors, hospitals, and "essential services" are suspended, all schools included. I am somewhat surprised by the amount of folks that are listening to this, roads are impressively empty. There are still folks driving around, but seems like most have listened.

I work for a government contractor, and we have been deemed essential for the nation, so I still get to go to work everyday, but at this point with all the layoffs going on, I am not as sad about it as I was a few days ago... right now job security is important, apparently. What a time to be alive...

We have only just today, after 177 deaths, decided it times to close pubs... like wtf is that about. We have more deaths in the first 14 days than any country so far.

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 minute ago, Guiltyx said:

My towns got the most cases in the county and we are the 3rd worst affected county (maybe 4th) in UK, its absolute manic here 😆

Stay safe!!!

We will weather this storm, but unfortunately not all of us will make it. That's why isolation is so important, to protect the most vulnerable in society!!!

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 minute ago, Valentyn said:

Yes.

I'm glad to hear that even without a formal gov you guys are managing to deal with it in some decent manner!

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Just now, GOTSpectrum said:

We have only just today, after 177 deaths, decided it times to close pubs... like wtf is that about. We have more deaths in the first 14 days than any country so far.

Issue is, are people actually going to close the pubs?

We had the same declared here, yet idiots were standing in lines at Temple Bar, and Molly Malone's in dublin trying to get in.
If only they knew Molly Malone died of fever...now look at them.

1 minute ago, GOTSpectrum said:

We closed bars, gyms, restaurants, and public gathering places like movie theaters last week. Restaurants are open for takeout only.

As of last night, the entire State of California is under these lockdown procedures. Basically, we can go get food, go to doctors appointments, and really, thats about it.

image.png.3336d5aea33f93198289f2223626b930.png