LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

Just now, Arrogath said:

Signed up, just have to setup a boot drive to get things going again

Welcome back into the fold! May your WUs be high and your Watts low. 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Damn, guess I wont be playing as much Doom: Eternal Borderlands 3 on Steam as I thought ?GOTTA FOLD BAYBEEEE

Edited by TVwazhere
I'm now 36 hours into BL3 LOL

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Just now, TVwazhere said:

Damn, guess I wont be playing as much Doom: Eternal as I thought ?GOTTA FOLD BAYBEEEE

I'll just have my primary towers fold and play on my old 4790k with the 5600xt i bought recently, was planning on playing with the 2080 but the cause needs it

Just now, Arrogath said:

I'll just have my primary towers fold and play on my old 4790k with the 5600xt i bought recently, was planning on playing with the 2080 but the cause needs it

I'll leave my 1080ti on "fold when idle" but I'll try to not play FFXIV and Doom during that time casue I want max points

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

With me signing @Den-Fi up we are at 10 sigh ups already, I'm kinda scared, kinda excited! 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Yes Bois! Thanks @TVwazhere

image.png.9dee81b522047046593467e1c1fdb243.png

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

I have added some requirements, these are higher than we have seen before for a folding event but I want you all to push hard. They are still quite low and a GTX 750 or a GT 1030 alternativly for team red a HD 7950, R9 270 or RX 460 should be able to hit them without much trouble.

32 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Minimum Participation Requirements For Prizes

10 Days Active, 500,000 Points

This is our highest yet but should be possible for most people seeing as most modern GPUs and CPUs can hit this.

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

I'm packing even more cpu cores this time, only trouble is thanks to my 5700xt getting jobs this time my ups is getting over run with both monitors running

I will be bringing foldatron online soon... this is going to be interesting with the electrical problems we have atm. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

I signed up! My cpu sucks. Ryzen 3 1200. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 3.8 GHz 6-Core Processor Motherboard: N7-B55XT-W1: [US-3DTC1-N] N7 B550 Motherboard - AMD B550 Chipset with Wi-Fi and White Cover  RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB Gaming OC 3X Video Card Case: Corsair Carbide Series 275R ATX Mid Tower White with Tempered glass  Storage: WD_BLACK 2TB SN770 NVMe Internal Gaming SSD Solid State Drive - Gen4 PCIe, M.2 2280, Up to 5,150 MB/s   PSU: CORSAIR RM Series (2021), White, RM850, 850 Watt, 80 Plus Gold Certified, Fully Modular Power Supply Display(s): 1xMSI Optix MAG272CRX 27.0" 1920x1080 240 Hz Monitor 2x ASUS VZ239H-W 23" Full HD 1080p IPS HDMI VGA Eye Care Monitor Cooling: Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM SE 63 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 SE Mouse: Razer Lancehead Tournament Edition: 5G Optical Sensor 16,000 DPI Sound: Audio-Technia ATH-M20x Professional studio monitor Headphones, black.  Operating System: Linux Pop!_OS with KDE Plasma desktop environment Mic: Elgato Wave:3

linktr.ee/Elektra57

I hope you guys kick some Corona ass with this, I'm doing my part on that right now and will probrably let the machine run for awhile today. It's my daily so I can't let it run all the time but I can throw in anyway towards that end.

@Elektra57 You want to use a GPU instead of a CPU for folding.

The guys here can help you with getting it going that way if they need to. Just remove the CPU slot and create a GPU slot - That's really it and you'll be folding in no time.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

Just now, Beerzerker said:

I hope you guys kick some Corona ass with this, I'm doing my part on that right now and will probrably let the machine run for awhile today. It's my daily so I can't let it run all the time but I cn throw in anyway towards that end.

@Elektra57 You want to use a GPU instead of a CPU for folding.

The guys here can help you with getting it going that way.

Total noob here, sorry.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 3.8 GHz 6-Core Processor Motherboard: N7-B55XT-W1: [US-3DTC1-N] N7 B550 Motherboard - AMD B550 Chipset with Wi-Fi and White Cover  RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB Gaming OC 3X Video Card Case: Corsair Carbide Series 275R ATX Mid Tower White with Tempered glass  Storage: WD_BLACK 2TB SN770 NVMe Internal Gaming SSD Solid State Drive - Gen4 PCIe, M.2 2280, Up to 5,150 MB/s   PSU: CORSAIR RM Series (2021), White, RM850, 850 Watt, 80 Plus Gold Certified, Fully Modular Power Supply Display(s): 1xMSI Optix MAG272CRX 27.0" 1920x1080 240 Hz Monitor 2x ASUS VZ239H-W 23" Full HD 1080p IPS HDMI VGA Eye Care Monitor Cooling: Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM SE 63 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 SE Mouse: Razer Lancehead Tournament Edition: 5G Optical Sensor 16,000 DPI Sound: Audio-Technia ATH-M20x Professional studio monitor Headphones, black.  Operating System: Linux Pop!_OS with KDE Plasma desktop environment Mic: Elgato Wave:3

linktr.ee/Elektra57

8 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

I have added some requirements, these are higher than we have seen before for a folding event but I want you all to push hard. They are still quite low and a GTX 750 or a GT 1030 alternativly for team red a HD 7950, R9 270 or RX 460 should be able to hit them without much trouble.

Kind of curious what I'll be able to pull with a 3950 + 5700xt and a 3900 + 2080

4 minutes ago, Elektra57 said:

I signed up!

Welcome back into the fold, lets make it rain WUs!

Image result for make it rain gif

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 hour ago, Elektra57 said:

Total noob here, sorry.

No problem, we're here to help, not criticize. Just pause the client first, then go into the slots tab and remove the CPU slot, next step is to add a GPU slot - DO NOT CHANGE any values, just select it as is, then add it, save it, unpause the client and let the program configure itself and get going.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana

nvm it just took a second

I live in misery USA. my timezone is central daylight time which is either UTC -5 or -4 because the government hates everyone.

into trains? here's the model railroad thread!

@RILEYISMYNAME @James @LinusTech

WAN and/or TL shout out? 

Lets show that pesky virus who's boss!

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

is this how it is supposed to look?

image.thumb.png.f8cca9f848ea346b163c1d1ca4c0947d.png

I live in misery USA. my timezone is central daylight time which is either UTC -5 or -4 because the government hates everyone.

10 minutes ago, Beerzerker said:

No problem, we're here to help, not criticize. Just pause the client first, then go into the slots tab and remove the CPU slot, next step is to add a GPU slot - DO NOT CHANGE any values, just select it as is, then add it, save it, unpause the client and let the program configure itself and get going.

It already had the gpu slot, removed the cpu slot. Thanks!!!!

linktr.ee/Elektra57

also I kinda assume it has to be online right?

Just now, Naamari said:

First time folder here singed up!

Welcome to the team!

If you need any help or advice feel free to ask here!

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 hour ago, The King of the Undead said:

is this how it is supposed to look?

image.thumb.png.f8cca9f848ea346b163c1d1ca4c0947d.png

Looks good from here!