Experiencing the weirds issue - PC won't wake up after sleep. Replaced PC - same issue!

tl:dr: PC won't wake up from sleep. 

Anyone might have a good advice on this - would be appreciated. 

I built a used but new PC. 

After a few days of usage, it would tend not to go out of sleep mode. I tried everything I can think of:

Long pressing the power button. Reset button. Shut down PSU. Nothing worked. 

The only thing that would make the PC wake up again would be - and this is only sometimes - to literally take it out of the power plug, wait a bit, and then try again. 

This would work only sometimes. 

I thought to myself, ok, I am a bit experienced (although rusty) with this, so I am guessing since I used a used motherboard, and anyways I wanted to change it, might as well get rid of it. 

Got another mobo. All other hardware remained the same. 

Was great for 3 days. And today - AGAIN - same issue!!!!

So I guess this is not a motherboard issue (perhaps I should not have assumed that from the get go). 

Anyone can tell me why is it that the PC won't wake up? 

The weird thing is, now it won't turn on AT ALL. 

I did manage to turn it on for a second, saw the fan turning and then power seems to have went off. 

Moved it to a different plug (i thought maybe my extender was bad) - same issue. No change. 

Could it be a bad power supply? 

Edit: it's a Seasonic gold PSU with plenty of headroom. 

Frustrated. 

Sorry for the long post. 

Thanks so much!

Why not just disable sleep and shut your computer off when your're done using it like a normal person?

DISPLAYS: LG 27UL500 IPS 4k60hz + HDR and LG 27GL650F IPS 1080p 144hz + HDR

LAPTOP: Lenovo Legion 5 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800H GPU: RTX 3070 8GB RAM: 16GB 3200MHz (2x8GB DDR4) STORAGE: 1TB Crucial P5 NVMe SSD + 2TB Samsung 970 evo plus NVMe SSD DISPLAY: 1080p 165hz IPS OS: Windows 10 Pro x64

Just now, Kirky2k15 said:

Why not just disable sleep and shut your computer off when your're done using it like a normal person?

Thank you, but I tend to leave my PC and sometimes not come back to it. I prefer it would go to sleep mode at those times (i work mostly with google docs for school reasons, and I often will have dozens of tabs with highlights open. I really like to get back to where I left things). 

Although your suggestion would work, I would still be curious as to why this is happening. 

Problem solved! Now you can turn your pc off and not contribute to global warming! congratulations!

Problem.thumb.png.ee0274bb228e2c84957564e698345b34.png

DISPLAYS: LG 27UL500 IPS 4k60hz + HDR and LG 27GL650F IPS 1080p 144hz + HDR

LAPTOP: Lenovo Legion 5 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800H GPU: RTX 3070 8GB RAM: 16GB 3200MHz (2x8GB DDR4) STORAGE: 1TB Crucial P5 NVMe SSD + 2TB Samsung 970 evo plus NVMe SSD DISPLAY: 1080p 165hz IPS OS: Windows 10 Pro x64

13 minutes ago, Kirky2k15 said:

Problem solved! Now you can turn your pc off and not contribute to global warming! congratulations!

Problem.thumb.png.ee0274bb228e2c84957564e698345b34.png

I never use sleep mode, but when a PC is sleeping it’s almost as if it was shutdown. The RAM receives just enough power not to lose the data in it and keep the PC state in memory. 

Everything else is basically off: fans not spinning, etc.

The power usage (and therefore heat output) is basically the same as a shutdown PC with the PSU turned on. 

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304