45 minutes ago, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:
It's clear that since the original post date of this thread, the rapid spread of this virus has been devastating. I think the most responsible thing you can do is to pull tickets from sale and postpone the event until further notice. I know as a company you'll have put a lot of money into this event, but the safety of staff and attendees HAS to come first I'm afraid.
I've started a StrawPoll on the matter...
The safety of guests and staff is a priority and we are monitoring the situation as new information is released, when the time comes we will make a decision in regards to postponing or cancelling the event. Canada, like many other countries has put measures in place to help prevent the spread of the virus, but it is still up in the air as to when these precautions and regulations will be lifted. At the time of writing this the regulations (such as bans on large meetings and border closings) do not overlap with the dates of LTX, but given how quickly the situation can change and how far out August is we don't know if those regulations will stil be in effect. Once we are able to make an informed decision we will make a public announcement regarding LTX.