Help me plan my first PC build (Please)

My list (1300-1400 CAD budget, preferebly on the lower end.): https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/vqL76R

Yo, I'd love some help in planning my first PC build. I live in canada and all prices are in canadian dollars. I'd just like to know if everything is compatible with each other, and if there's anything else I need. I would also be grateful if there are any suggestions on improvements to this build you guys might have that fit under the budget.

I've been researching but I still don't know if this build is fully compatible. For example, The rx 5700 xt needs 8+16 pin connectors on the psu or something of the sort (I'm not sure, don't take my word for it), and I have no idea how to check. I also don't know if everything will even fit into my chosen case. Also, I think the case I chose has 3 fans in the front, but don't you also need a fan at the back end? Will I have to buy an extra fan?

Thanks.

Hey, high end graphics cards are connected to your PSU directly for power, this one needs one 8pin and one 6pin connector. Usually only very old PSUs don't have those so you're good there. You have a very standard case so it's unlikely that something will not fit, if you're worried you can check with the manufacturer https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Cases/Mid-Tower-ATX-Cases/Carbide-Series-SPEC-DELTA-RGB-Tempered-Glass-Mid-Tower-ATX-Gaming-Case-—-Black/p/CC-9011166-WW#tab-tech-specs 

Here it tells you max. values so you could double check length of your PSU/GPU or the height of your cpu cooler. If you stick with the boxed cooler on your CPU you will have no problems, aftermarket coolers can be a bit larger.

6 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

Hi, thanks for the help. The psu and SSD upgrade looks good to me, I see you found a cheap nvme ssd. Nice.

I'm sorry I didn't specify in my post, but the reason I didn't pick the pulse and the slightly faster ram is because of the shady retailers. I'm not comfortable from ordering from "Mike's computer shop". It has lots of bad reviews. Because of this, I decided to pick the best option from a retailer I'm comfortable buying from. It's just a personal preference.

So if I keep my original list but upgrade the ssd and psu, will everything be perfectly compatible? (I just want to be safe). For example, these are the cases front ports: USB 3.0 (x2), Headphone (x1), Microphone (x1), Power, Reset. I've heard that this has to match with the motherboard or something? Also, I'm still unsure if the psu you chose is compatible with the gpu I chose.

As for the fans, it looks like the case comes with 4 fans, which is great. I might be overthinking it, but I'm just trying to be as careful as possible. There's just all these little things that you have to look at for compatibility which is really complicated for me. Another example is this warning from pcpartpicker: The motherboard M.2 slot #1 shares bandwidth with SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports. When the M.2 slot is populated, two SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports are disabled.

Thanks again for the help.

Another thing to consider are bundle deals if you're buying everything new anyways. I'm not sure where the best place in canada is for those, but a quick search gave me canadacomputers currently selling a bundle of the ryzen 5 3600 and the gigabyte 2070 windforce for 718$ if you buy those 2 items together. If you ask me that's a better deal than the 3600 + 5700 xt for $766.49 if you go by those part picker prices.

For the record CAD means CA$ (Canadian dollars) rather than Computer Aided Design, yes?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

2 minutes ago, Thiccboy said:

The motherboard M.2 slot #1 shares bandwidth with SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports. When the M.2 slot is populated, two SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports are disabled.

This means if you put in the M.2 SSD (which you will be doing) you cannot use SATA ports 5 and 6. It is only a problem for you, if you want to connect more than 4 SATA devices. You will only connect 2 (SSD and HDD), so in the future you could still connect 2 more if you feel like upgrading for more storage.

11 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

For the record CAD means CA$ (Canadian dollars) rather than Computer Aided Design, yes?

Ye

12 minutes ago, merco said:

Another thing to consider are bundle deals if you're buying everything new anyways. I'm not sure where the best place in canada is for those, but a quick search gave me canadacomputers currently selling a bundle of the ryzen 5 3600 and the gigabyte 2070 windforce for 718$ if you buy those 2 items together. If you ask me that's a better deal than the 3600 + 5700 xt for $766.49 if you go by those part picker prices.

That is an amazing deal. The problem is that I can't buy that rightaway. First I'm going to sell my old laptop, which will give me the funds to my new PC. But thank you for the suggestion, I'll look out for those when it's time to buy. I just hope there's a deal as good as that when I'm buying my components lol

20 minutes ago, Thiccboy said:

cases front ports: USB 3.0 (x2), Headphone (x1), Microphone (x1), Power, Reset.

Your motherboard does support this.

21 minutes ago, Thiccboy said:

psu you chose is compatible with the gpu I chose

Any modern PSU will have the connectors you need, since you only run one GPU. I believe this one has four 6/8 pin connectors and you need 2 of them, and it has 6 SATA connectors and you will need 2 of them. The other ones you will need, that are present in every PSU as well, are your CPU and motherboard connectors. And then you get like some extra ones where you can connect extra stuff, which I personally never use. One example would be connectors for fans, but you're better off connecting your fans to your motherboard, so you can control them.

But yeah you'll figure it out, rest assured you can't go wrong with it. 650W is also plenty for your build. Personally I like 80+ gold PSUs, they are a bit more expensive but you can save a bit of power in the long run. It will take you a year or two to get the money back that you paid extra via your power bill (depends on how much you use it and what power costs in your area).

1 hour ago, Thiccboy said:

Hi, thanks for the help. The psu and SSD upgrade looks good to me, I see you found a cheap nvme ssd. Nice.

I'm sorry I didn't specify in my post, but the reason I didn't pick the pulse and the slightly faster ram is because of the shady retailers. I'm not comfortable from ordering from "Mike's computer shop". It has lots of bad reviews. Because of this, I decided to pick the best option from a retailer I'm comfortable buying from. It's just a personal preference.

So if I keep my original list but upgrade the ssd and psu, will everything be perfectly compatible? (I just want to be safe). For example, these are the cases front ports: USB 3.0 (x2), Headphone (x1), Microphone (x1), Power, Reset. I've heard that this has to match with the motherboard or something? Also, I'm still unsure if the psu you chose is compatible with the gpu I chose.

As for the fans, it looks like the case comes with 4 fans, which is great. I might be overthinking it, but I'm just trying to be as careful as possible. There's just all these little things that you have to look at for compatibility which is really complicated for me. Another example is this warning from pcpartpicker: The motherboard M.2 slot #1 shares bandwidth with SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports. When the M.2 slot is populated, two SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports are disabled.

Thanks again for the help.

Yeah all the rest works. Makes sense to buy from reputable retailers. Enjoy!