Brunton Hydrogen Reactor

LinusTech

Amazon: http://georiot.co/sk4

I want to be very clear about the link above. The intent is for you to (for purely academic purposes) witness the price of this product. The intent is NOT for you to buy it...

Here are links to the products that I mentioned that don't suck:

http://georiot.co/1fcu

http://georiot.co/2XRn

You sound very frustrated Linus. :P

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Well, that's the worst product I have ever seen.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

OMG just the price on that thing. It's a complete waste of money, with that kind of price tag I'd rather get a few battery banks or a super high capacity one. Anyways useless product but good idea, just not created the right way.

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

Too bad, it seems like it could have so much potential.

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Hydrogen is my favorite element and i think it is the future fuel source at least for cars but this product is just ridiculous. 

Sony Vaio Pro 13 CPU:Haswell Core i5 4200U RAM: 4 GB GPU: HD4400 Storage: SSD Pci-e 128GB (Its really fast), External 1TB Seagate Expansion Drive Weight: 1.06kg (made of carbon fiber) 

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (4.4.2 Omnirom) 

I wonder who spent the time and energy to design, conceive, manufacture and bring this product to market. I want to tell them that this product makes no sense at all. Seriously, the Hydrogen reactor itself costs $150 with the 2 fuel cells, then if you want to use the cells after they run out, you have to buy a $250 recharging station. So all in all, this system costs $400. Great job Brunton!  :P

Also, great job on the video Linus.

Sorry for the convoluted speech pattern.

Hey Linus, are you using a different microphone setup for this video? I hear a buzz noise or something (not sure how to explain it) every now and then in the video. Could be that my speakers finally need to be replaced or im going crazy.

Otherwise great video on it. Maybe they were listing better than ideal conditions on their websites? Even then why is there a metric ton of inconsistencies. 

i7-2600K | ASRock Z77 Pro4 | ASUS 980 Ti Hybrid | Kingston 4x 4GB | EVGA Supernova 750 G2 Phantek Enthoo Luxe

Creative X7 Limited | 1TB WD Blue | 2TB WD Green | 256GB Liteon SSD | 240GB Kingston SSD | Corsair H100i

Logitech G502 Proteus Core | Logitech G710+ | LG 34UM65 | LG 27EA31V - B | AKG K7XX Massdrop | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

wow.. so useless. why even bother with this thing? you can buy a 15000 mAh portable Charging device at the same size and cost at worst 50-80$

that 12000 mAh Linus compare weight it to is probably even better. 

You don't buy this for its specs. You buy this so you can brag to all of your friends "lol I have a hydrogen cell battery back what do you have" 

//ccap

Linus, a few months ago an engineer from BIC (yes, the pen company) did a presentation at my university where he showed off a hydrogen fuel cell that him and his team worked on. The product he showed off was much smaller and had a price point of I believe $100. (don't quote me on that one) I didn't get a very good look at it but its approximate dimensions were 3 inches by 3 by 2. It didn't use metal cylinders like the Brunton, instead used smaller more rectangular cartridges that are a similar shape as the reactor but scaled down. The cartridges are disposable/recyclable. It seemed to be targeting a more mainstream audience whereas the Brunton is more for enthusiasts/outdoors people. 

One of the most fascinating things that he said was it had a higher energy density than current lithium ion batteries. While the Brunton may be a piece of crap I wouldn't give up on this technology yet, it is still relatively new and has room to develop.

I'm not sure if you will be able to find any official information on the internet about it yet as he was still confidential or something.

You don't buy this for its specs. You buy this so you can brag to all of your friends "lol I have a hydrogen cell battery back what do you have" 

The only reason you buy this is to pull out your "hydrogen reactor" instead of "battery pack." Now it does sound cool.

Great minds think alike. ;)

//ccap

Not sure if you guys already know this but there was some low static that comes in and out in the video. It's not horrible but it's definitely noticeable. That said though, I'm a bit surprised B&H sold this. I was under the impression they only sold products which were tested and proven among the photo, audio, and video communities but it looks like that's becoming less and less true.

"Unix was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because that would also stop you from doing clever things." - Doug Gwyn

haven't seen Linus trash a product in a long time.

$150 for reactor + 2 sticks

$280 for the reharging station for the fuel sticks

HA!

okey it sounds like total junk, the science behind it is good but the company just ruins it with their service(if linus gets the same treatment as the average costumer it is) only reason to buy is to say yh ppl "yh  got a hydrogen reactor, it is much better then your average extended battery and very unique."

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

and this brand shot themselves in the foot!

CPU: 3770K | Motherboard: Asus Maximus V Formula | GPU: GTX 1080Ti SLI | Ram: 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 | PSU: Corsair AX1200i | Storage: 2x Samsung 840 pros | Case: Corsair 650D | Cooler:  Corsair H100i with Noctus NF-F12 fans | Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q

They have to be joking right?

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300, MSI GTX 560TI Twin Frozr 2, 2x500GB drives, cheapo 500w PSU, cheapo HP Pavilion Elite m9000 case
#KilledMyWife

Hey Linus, are you using a different microphone setup for this video? I hear a buzz noise or something (not sure how to explain it) every now and then in the video. Could be that my speakers finally need to be replaced or im going crazy.

Otherwise great video on it. Maybe they were listing better than ideal conditions on their websites? Even then why is there a metric ton of inconsistencies. 

yea i can hear a buzzing noise to  :)

PooKloo For Slick

Awaiting the company rep to sign up for this forum (with the company name as the username no less) and post some defensive comments about their product in this thread..