gpu usage at 45% at idle

thrasher_565
3 minutes ago, Spoiled_Kitten said:

ill try the steam demo

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

1 minute ago, thrasher_565 said:

ill try the steam demo

okie

Blake has arrived!!

Just your local tech geek!

Love to help!

btw, one of the more common things that solve this kind of issue for most is A: update drivers, B: fix windows, C :virus scan D : change Desktop Window Manager priority to average from high. and finally E: full windows reinstall

figured i'd share my findings from similar forum threads.
Edit: 1 person also discovered he had a thermal throttle.

16 minutes ago, Spoiled_Kitten said:

okie

so looks like to validate it with other you have to buy it...

3dmark score 1.png

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

30 minutes ago, Jamil said:

btw, one of the more common things that solve this kind of issue for most is A: update drivers, B: fix windows, C :virus scan D : change Desktop Window Manager priority to average from high. and finally E: full windows reinstall

figured i'd share my findings from similar forum threads.
Edit: 1 person also discovered he had a thermal throttle.

ya i just reinstalled like a month ago

ya on afterburner it says my temp limit is at 83 and i only seen it at like 79. works fine in games its just at idle is problem.

ya at 48 degrees is not over kill but it running like that 24/7 i don't no when it normal should be at 32 degrees and i have to use a fan curve or it will ramp up the fan full for a few seconds then back down from 48-50 degrees vary annoying.

@thrasher_565

? What does the utilization rate say for your GPU in the task manager itself? What about Nvidia Geforce? What does the temperature say in it? MSI Afterburner may be reporting inaccurate stats. 

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte AMD X570 Auros Master
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
    Samsung SSD 860 QVO 2TB - HDD Seagate B arracuda 1TB - External Seagate HDD 8TB
  • PSU
    G.Skill RipJaws 1250 Watts
  • Keyboard
    Corsair Gaming Keyboard K55
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

14 minutes ago, BlackManINC said:

@thrasher_565

? What does the utilization rate say for your GPU in the task manager itself? What about Nvidia Geforce? What does the temperature say in it? MSI Afterburner may be reporting inaccurate stats. 

i don't even no how you wood look for gpu temps with NVIDIA or task manager but with gpuz and msi after burner seem to all show the same temp. i thoght hwm showed the gpu temp at one point?

15 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

i don't even no how you wood look for gpu temps with NVIDIA or task manager but with gpuz and msi after burner seem to all show the same temp. i thoght hwm showed the gpu temp at one point?

? Well, you can't check temperatures through the task manager, but it will tell you the usage rate. I'm sure there is a way to check temps through Nvidia Geforce as well just like there is through AMD's Radeon software.  For the task manager, just click on the 'performance' tab and you will see 'GPU' at the bottom. There is also another app you can use that is deadly accurate, called 'Remote System Monitor', linked below. I use it all the time, shows you almost everything you need to know about your PC minus vram usage, unfortunately. Hopefully they plan on adding that stat soon in another update. You have to install it on your phone through Googles play store to be able to actually use it. 

Link: Remote System Monitor Server for Windows

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

i found a way to validate it

Screenshot_2020-03-11 I scored 15 957 in Fire Strike.png

9 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

i found a way to validate it

Screenshot_2020-03-11 I scored 15 957 in Fire Strike.png

? Validate what? All this is showing is your benchmark score and your system specs. What does it say about your idle temps and usage rate? 

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

7 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

my gpus should be doing nothing when not gaming...

Many apps other than games use the GPU nowadays. Web browsers use the GPU to accelerate rendering, Windows itself does, apps based on web browser engines do,...

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

7 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

windows 7 64bit

:) what exactly you don't like?

Never mind, the reason I was asking was that the task manager is much better in Win10, you've got column with GPU usage for each process(see pic). So, either google some 3rd party task manager or SW that can do the same thing or install Win10. It can be easily some mining malware, but also something else... you need to find out.

del.png

im gonna stay silent until something is mentioned that i have not read on various other forums yet.

6 hours ago, Kilrah said:

Many apps other than games use the GPU nowadays. Web browsers use the GPU to accelerate rendering, Windows itself does, apps based on web browser engines do,...

ok...so if i have 1 youtube video playing my gpu should ramp up using only the memory and 15gb of my ram? dose not make any sense. and it should ram down when i stop it right?

5 hours ago, Tee86 said:

:) what exactly you don't like?

Never mind, the reason I was asking was that the task manager is much better in Win10, you've got column with GPU usage for each process(see pic). So, either google some 3rd party task manager or SW that can do the same thing or install Win10. It can be easily some mining malware, but also something else... you need to find out.

del.png

not moving to 10! so stop asking.

you can use "Speccy" to check GPU Temp.
had it running for a while and found out at moderate load the temp jumps to 72 Celcius, might be the cause, cleaned my computer for dust with same temp so its possible that my graphic card's thermal paste is dead, its such a bother to replace tho, urgh...
Edit: btw, cpu is at 40Celcius and motherboard at 30   (i have told my Bio's to not have CPU fans on at all at less temps are above 40, watercooled.)
Edit2: but hey, murphy's law, might not be the cause at all.

2 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

not moving to 10! so stop asking.

lol, I didn't ask you to move - those are yours paranoias, not mine,  so enjoy win7 and calm down. I told you to find 3rd party TM which can read GPU usage and associate it to processes. That's my advice. Peace

18 minutes ago, Tee86 said:

lol, I didn't ask you to move - those are yours paranoias, not mine,  so enjoy win7 and calm down. I told you to find 3rd party TM which can read GPU usage and associate it to processes. That's my advice. Peace

I already gave him the link for "Remote System Monitor". Its one of the best out there. 

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

34 minutes ago, Jamil said:

you can use "Speccy" to check GPU Temp.
had it running for a while and found out at moderate load the temp jumps to 72 Celcius, might be the cause, cleaned my computer for dust with same temp so its possible that my graphic card's thermal paste is dead, its such a bother to replace tho, urgh...
Edit: btw, cpu is at 40Celcius and motherboard at 30   (i have told my Bio's to not have CPU fans on at all at less temps are above 40, watercooled.)
Edit2: but hey, murphy's law, might not be the cause at all.

The O.P already replaced the thermal paste, so this is not his issue. 

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

it could be mining malware from say web surfing but then more people would be reporting problems then i guess. my guess is i may have over heated it a bit. i guess until i get it on water i don't no what to do. but having my 15gb ram usage all at the same time is a bit odd. maybe its a ram mining malware? is that even profitable?

seems to be fine in games so ill keep using it as i did pay $750 + $300 for an ek water block.

12 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

it could be mining malware from say web surfing but then more people would be reporting problems then i guess. my guess is i may have over heated it a bit. i guess until i get it on water i don't no what to do. but having my 15gb ram usage all at the same time is a bit odd. maybe its a ram mining malware? is that even profitable?

seems to be fine in games so ill keep using it as i did pay $750 + $300 for an ek water block.

Maybe that is the issue right there, your cooling method. If you believe this is crypto malware, you can try and detect and destroy it with a boot time scan, although cryot malware is very difficult to detect. Did you try running the software I linked to you? I think its still a possibility that MSI Afterburner isn't accurate. 

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

25 minutes ago, BlackManINC said:

Maybe that is the issue right there, your cooling method. If you believe this is crypto malware, you can try and detect and destroy it with a boot time scan, although cryot malware is very difficult to detect. Did you try running the software I linked to you? I think its still a possibility that MSI Afterburner isn't accurate. 

i  don't want to use that program i don't want to use google play or my phone.

but when why is the fan ramping from 0 rpm all the way to max rpm fore a few seconds and repeats and sits only at 48-50 degrees so i got an audeable q that something is wrong.

anyone no of a good free screen capture? ill try and get a video of it.

14 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

i  don't want to use that program i don't want to use google play or my phone.

? ? ? I bet you're one of those who treats cancer with herbs.
Don't bother yourself with video or ss, people were trying to help you already, you're too stubborn tho.